College Basketball Fans

So who are the big College Basketball fans in here?

Being an alumni to a school where the only big athletic program they have is basketball I’ve grown quite fond of it.

Things are looking promising for my URI Rams so far this year almost pulling off the upset in Cameron and winning the rest of their games. I believe the rankings come out today so I’m hoping they muster up a few more top 25 votes.

I’ve been anxiously awaiting this season as a little pick-me-up after last years epic collapse. #19 in the country with a 19-3 start to collapsing to a 21-12 record and a first round bounce in the NIT.

So who does everyone root for?

I’m a Duke fan by marriage. He went to a basketball camp when he was a kid, met Grant Hill and Bobby Hurley, and has been a Duke fan ever since.

He had never been to a game until a couple of years ago, when I surprised him with tickets to Duke-Boston College. A girl he used to date works for the CU athletic department, and has a lot of friends at Duke - she hooked us up.

I had the trip all set up - he had no idea it was coming. I changed the passwords on my credit card so he couldn’t see the statements, convinced him that his family coming out to visit was his big surprise, etc.

Christmas day, I gave him a little box with a dangly Duke earring in it and a note that said, “You might want to wear this to the game.”

We got to see them retire Shelden Williams’ jersey, so it was super cool.

Crappy thing is, I’ll never top that gift.

I was never much into basketball, but I’m learning.

Well, I’m bigger into football than basketball generally, but I’m hoping my Gators are poised to surprise some people with our super sophomores.

I will generally root for North Carolina as well.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I’m a Duke fan
[/quote]

I don’t think we can ever be friends.

Sorry, nothing personal, I just go to UK.

[quote]tom8658 wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I’m a Duke fan

I don’t think we can ever be friends.

Sorry, nothing personal, I just go to UK.
[/quote]

Damn, that sucks.

Now I’m going to go be emo and write about this in my diary.

University of Illinois alumni in the house.

Fighting Illini all the way.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Gotta support The University of Oklahoma Sooners. Grew up in Oklahoma and been an OU fan since I was young, as well as being an alum.

We look pretty good this year so far, coming in ranked in the Top 15. Blake Griffin is a beast, and we have a true point guard, Willie Warren, who is playing awesome so far, should be Big XII Newcomer of the Year. Blake is a preseason All-American and hopefully will finish the season the same way.

Sooners look good so far, hopefully we keep it up.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
BOOMER SOONER!!!

Gotta support The University of Oklahoma Sooners. Grew up in Oklahoma and been an OU fan since I was young, as well as being an alum.

We look pretty good this year so far, coming in ranked in the Top 15. Blake Griffin is a beast, and we have a true point guard, Willie Warren, who is playing awesome so far, should be Big XII Newcomer of the Year. Blake is a preseason All-American and hopefully will finish the season the same way.

Sooners look good so far, hopefully we keep it up.[/quote]

Your football team looked pretty freakin’ impressive on Saturday against Texas Tech.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
BOOMER SOONER!!!

Sooners look good so far, hopefully we keep it up.

Your football team looked pretty freakin’ impressive on Saturday against Texas Tech.

[/quote]

Thank ya sir. Yeah it was a good game, I was in attendance, it was crazy! Gotta keep it up, keep playing hard and smart.

Yeeeah Terps!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

pushmepullme wrote:
I’m a Duke fan

Yeeeah Terps!

[/quote]

Lol I remember that

excellent find!

“Who am I sir, a Utah man am I”

I love college basketball. I am especially looking forward to this season because Utah preseason schedule is the toughest it has ever been with games against Oregon, Cal, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, and LSU.

I feel that Boylen is doing a good job building the program back up. I bet it won’t be long for us to turn into a power again, like we were in the 90s.

Woo Pig Sooie, My Razorbacks are gonna be young this year but we look good for the future!

A couple of good upset watches today:

Siena Vs. #12 Tenn.

and

Ok State vs. #10 Gonzaga

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I’m a Duke fan by marriage.

[/quote]

No offence, but you clearly have poor taste in men. :slight_smile:

Ok so I couldn’t have been more wrong about the Siena upset watch.

Hopefully I don’t go 2 for 2 on incorrect blowouts.

[quote]OBoile wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I’m a Duke fan by marriage.

No offence, but you clearly have poor taste in men. :)[/quote]

Damn, and I was just about to flirt with you!

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:

Being an alumni to a school where the only big athletic program they have is basketball I’ve grown quite fond of it.

Things are looking promising for my URI Rams so far this year almost pulling off the upset in Cameron and winning the rest of their games. I believe the rankings come out today so I’m hoping they muster up a few more top 25 votes.

I’ve been anxiously awaiting this season as a little pick-me-up after last years epic collapse. #19 in the country with a 19-3 start to collapsing to a 21-12 record and a first round bounce in the NIT.

So who does everyone root for?[/quote]

You bastards stole your team name from VCU.

We only have basketball also, although there are rumors of a football team in the not too distant future. Two years ago we made it into the NCAA tournament and beat Duke in the first round, and lost a heartbreaker to Pitt in the second round.

Last year we went to the NIT, and I don’t think we did very well. We still have a pretty good team, a good coach, and all of our star players so we should do well this year, at least for our third-world Colonial Athletic Association.

Huge college basketball fan; I try to follow Drexel because a buddy of mine plays for them but they aren’t exactly a powerhouse these days.

The big question this year is: can anybody beat UNC?

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

So who does everyone root for?

You bastards stole your team name from VCU.

We only have basketball also, although there are rumors of a football team in the not too distant future. Two years ago we made it into the NCAA tournament and beat Duke in the first round, and lost a heartbreaker to Pitt in the second round.

Last year we went to the NIT, and I don’t think we did very well. We still have a pretty good team, a good coach, and all of our star players so we should do well this year, at least for our third-world Colonial Athletic Association.

[/quote]

I believe my Rams have bragging rights over your Rams right now… just saying.