Coleman Competing in 2010 Olympia?

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I think Coleman is awesome and still think he looks great, but he’s got absolutely no shot. No a chance in hell he’ll ever be Mr. O again. Ever. I’d be surprised if he made top 5. If he did I imagine it would be more out of respect for him than because of his physique.

There is a time in every athletes career when he has to realize it’s time to give it up. Hopefully he sticks around for awhile on the scene (promotions, guest posings, etc.) but I think Big Nasty should remain retired from competition.

Yup you’ll see guys Papa Weider will pull some strings…hopefully I wouldn’t want to see Big Ron in the ass end of the top 8. Arnold came back looking nothing like his previous Olympia contests and they gave him the Sandow. Fuck that shit though, he’s a 6 time Mr. Olympia in my book and a backstabbing bitch. [/quote]

he was still arguably good enough to win on that day, giving the Olympia to Franco the following year, well that’s some BS. I agree that his win over “The Myth” can be debated.

Regarding the return to aesthetics vs. size, well Kai blew that theory out of the water huh? I think guys can be freaky large just so long as they are hard and dry. People say well his build won’t be accepted on the Olympia stage, it can be and will be.

Weider is like bill gates and his magazines dictate who’s the center of attention, he gets a hard on for a guy and they are the next it. He definitely wants his horses to win the race.

by last year dexter wining…i think the olympia has gone from mass to symetry witch is how its suppose to be IMO…we’ll see.

it would be good too have him do a guest posing instead kind of like ben white and johnnie jacksons powerlifting competition

He’d better have fixed his back or its going to be embarassing

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I think Coleman is awesome and still think he looks great, but he’s got absolutely no shot. No a chance in hell he’ll ever be Mr. O again. Ever. I’d be surprised if he made top 5. If he did I imagine it would be more out of respect for him than because of his physique.

There is a time in every athletes career when he has to realize it’s time to give it up. Hopefully he sticks around for awhile on the scene (promotions, guest posings, etc.) but I think Big Nasty should remain retired from competition.

Yup you’ll see guys Papa Weider will pull some strings…hopefully I wouldn’t want to see Big Ron in the ass end of the top 8. Arnold came back looking nothing like his previous Olympia contests and they gave him the Sandow. Fuck that shit though, he’s a 6 time Mr. Olympia in my book and a backstabbing bitch.

he was still arguably good enough to win on that day, giving the Olympia to Franco the following year, well that’s some BS. I agree that his win over “The Myth” can be debated.

Regarding the return to aesthetics vs. size, well Kai blew that theory out of the water huh? I think guys can be freaky large just so long as they are hard and dry. People say well his build won’t be accepted on the Olympia stage, it can be and will be.

Weider is like bill gates and his magazines dictate who’s the center of attention, he gets a hard on for a guy and they are the next it. He definitely wants his horses to win the race.
[/quote]

ummm Kai is part of the ‘aesthetics’ group in terms of aesthetics vs size

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

Yup you’ll see guys Papa Weider will pull some strings…hopefully I wouldn’t want to see Big Ron in the ass end of the top 8. Arnold came back looking nothing like his previous Olympia contests and they gave him the Sandow. Fuck that shit though, he’s a 6 time Mr. Olympia in my book and a backstabbing bitch.

[/quote]

No he isn’t. If Kai was as tall as Ronnie he’d easily be just as massive.

Sure Greene’s waist isn’t a noticeable weakpoint (which is good) but you can’t say that someone who stands 5’8 and competes at just a tad under 250lbs isn’t playing the size game to the fullest. Greene is dangerously close to becoming “too big” for his frame. Why do you think Kai is always twisting his torso? It’s to make his torso appear more tapered.

It’s a bit of a stupid argument anyway seeing how Ronnie was the ultimate combination of size and aesthetics when he was in his prime from '99 to '03. Even when Ron competed at 275 and 296 he still looked good in his poses. When he relaxed his stomach you can argue otherwise.

On topic: Ronnie would have no chance at the top 8 this year based on the current lineup. And less of a chance next year when others make more improvements. His only chance at a top 8 next year is if Martinez, Dexter, and Cutler all retire.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
cyruseven75 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Yeah, he looks great but he’s the biggest guy on stage next to Cutler.

If Ronnie can bring his package from '03 or so I’d say very few people have a chance at blowing him out of the water like you guys are talking about. His tricep and back injuries are said to be 100% from the article listed. I’ve seen videos of the guy lately and he sure as hell hasnt stopped training, I’ll say that.

As far as taking the whole damn show? I dont know, this is a tough, subjective competition. If he can bring his A-Game at 100%, very few people can dominate that.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
If Ronnie can bring his package from '03 or so I’d say very few people have a chance at blowing him out of the water like you guys are talking about. His tricep and back injuries are said to be 100% from the article listed. I’ve seen videos of the guy lately and he sure as hell hasnt stopped training, I’ll say that.

As far as taking the whole damn show? I dont know, this is a tough, subjective competition. If he can bring his A-Game at 100%, very few people can dominate that.[/quote]

You’re missing the point. 2003 is over and gone. Forever. You’ll never see a 2003 Ronnie Coleman again. He has NO shot at the O.

Shit, maybe if Lee Haney comes back and brings in his package from 91 he can take the O.

Like I said, he still looks great but it’s OVER.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

As far as taking the whole damn show? I dont know, this is a tough, subjective competition. If he can bring his A-Game at 100%, very few people can dominate that.[/quote]

I don’t think size will be his problem. It never has been.

Whether or not he can get in shape and bring the right conditioning at his age is the limiting factor. He will have a hard time especially if he only does the O. If he does another show before it to see how his body has changed with regards to getting into contest shape he’d be able to make the necessary changes/improvements in his prep.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

As far as taking the whole damn show? I dont know, this is a tough, subjective competition. If he can bring his A-Game at 100%, very few people can dominate that.

You’re missing the point. 2003 is over and gone. Forever. You’ll never see a 2003 Ronnie Coleman again. He has NO shot at the O.

Shit, maybe if Lee Haney comes back and brings in his package from 91 he can take the O.

Like I said, he still looks great but it’s OVER. [/quote]

I heard Yates is going to bring his 94 package to the 2011 O. Should be pretty sweet.

[quote]Marko Begu? wrote:
by last year dexter wining…i think the olympia has gone from mass to symetry witch is how its suppose to be IMO…we’ll see.[/quote]

I think you would be correct. It seems to be going more “old school”. Hell, Ferrigno was the biggest guy on stage in '75 and still placed third to Ahnuld and the black French guy. Yes someone’s been watching Pumping Iron, so sue me

Serge Nubret.

With regards to Ronnie competing at all, I heard on muscleradio in their interview with him something about him preparing for a contest. Anyone know/heard about this?

What about levrone, isnt he coming back to competition.

Kai is big, but he doesn’t look bloated at all. he looks 10x more aesthetic than Ruhl, Wolf, Cutler, Ronnie or any of those guys. he’s almost as big as most of em but he just looks so much better

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
What about levrone, isnt he coming back to competition.[/quote]

no

[quote]Therizza wrote:
With regards to Ronnie competing at all, I heard on muscleradio in their interview with him something about him preparing for a contest. Anyone know/heard about this?[/quote]

Last ronnie interview I saw he said he was going to compete at the Europa, but I have no idea if that’s still going to happen.

Thanks for the info waylander

Guest posing about 2 months ago. Still big as hell, but his stomach will be the issue, as usual.