Coldplay Fans

Any Coldplay fans out here in T-world? I just saw them and I can say it was a good concert. At times a little too contrived but the passion showed through. Going to see The Kings of Leon in about a week and then off to see U2 in Tampa on Nov. 16th.

I consider Coldplay’s “Parachutes” to be one of the best albums ever made. But what in the hell do I know since I also dig Motorhead.

I like the Kings of Leon CD, but it didn’t strike a substantial chord with me. Although, I hear they’re fabulous in concert.

Fix You could be the best coldplay song ever.

From “40 yr old Virgin”

David: Know how I know you’re gay? You like Coldplay.

[quote]slimjim wrote:
From “40 yr old Virgin”

David: Know how I know you’re gay? You like Coldplay.[/quote]

I agree.

Motorhead good. Coldplay bad…very bad.

The frist 2 albums were the best. The new album is a little stretched, with then exception of “speed of sound”.

And um no, noone is gay for listening to coldplay. Having sex with other men makes you gay.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
And um no, noone is gay for listening to coldplay. Having sex with other men makes you gay. [/quote]

Listening to Coldplay is the musical equivalent of having sex with another man. Slow passionate man love.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
The frist 2 albums were the best. The new album is a little stretched, with then exception of “speed of sound”.
[/quote]

I mostly agree with this. Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head are both GREAT albums (the second is better IMO). X&Y is decent, but I think they were trying too hard to outdo their second album and ended up sounding a bit contrived in the process. Still, I really like severeal of the songs on X&Y with “Let’s talk” being my favorite one.

[quote]jacross wrote:
Gregus wrote:
And um no, noone is gay for listening to coldplay. Having sex with other men makes you gay.

Listening to Coldplay is the musical equivalent of having sex with another man. Slow passionate man love.[/quote]

hahaha ! totally! …coldplay, oasis, radiohead, all the same self-loathing man-love-slathering syrup…er not that there’s anything wrong with that.

last year a friend gave me a mixed disc and one of my favorite tunes on it was “green eyes” which i learned and played guitar to for like a month before i googled it to find out the artist was coldplay. i’ve never felt so violated…so confused…i kind of liked it…

[quote]icklemoley wrote:
Fix You could be the best coldplay song ever. [/quote]

Hard to argue with that one (although “The Scientist” is a huge fave of mine). The only troubling thing was to hear ABC use “Fix You” in their promos for the upcoming season of that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show.

[quote]swivel wrote:
jacross wrote:
Gregus wrote:

Listening to Coldplay is the musical equivalent of having sex with another man. Slow passionate man love.

hahaha ! totally! …coldplay, oasis, radiohead, all the same self-loathing man-love-slathering syrup…er not that there’s anything wrong with that.

last year a friend gave me a mixed disc and one of my favorite tunes on it was “green eyes” which i learned and played guitar to for like a month before i googled it to find out the artist was coldplay. i’ve never felt so violated…so confused…i kind of liked it…[/quote]

Admit it, swivs… it was like be powda’d.

[quote]jacross wrote:
Listening to Coldplay is the musical equivalent of having sex with another man. Slow passionate man love.[/quote]

So you must have experience with this? Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

I saw them in Whales Vagina a little over a month ago and they were really damn good.

Set started out with “Open up your eyes” and Martin changed the lyrics in one verse to signify that he knew he was in Whales Vagina, and that he liked the same stupid movies we all do… Said something about Anchorman, then “stay classy, San Diego!!!”

The crowd went apeshit, it was cool.

However, the band that opened for them was terrible. A smoked out jam-band from Vancouver, Black Mountain, their sound sucked, lots of feedback on the guitars, not keeping up with the drummer, who I believed was the only one with any talent. At one point I remember looking at my GF and saying, man, I HATE this band…

I saw both Coldplay and U2 in concert in the last 2 weeks. I like Coldplay and they did a good job, I enjoyed the concert but it was just OK. The got the crowd going (13,000 people) a few times but it wasn’t crazy.

I’m a long time U2 fan and the concert was INCREDIBLE. They had a great set list of new and old songs and the crowd of 20,500 was on it feet going nuts for the entire concert (2 hours & 20 minutes).

If you can see either you’ll enjoy them but if you have to choose, U2 wins hands down.

Sterno

Coldplay can lick my balls.

How can anyone dare slam Radiohead?

I saw Kings of Leon in concert when they opened up for U2…they friggin’ rocked. They just came out wearing the grundge garb, (ripped jeans, old shirts) and bare feet…Their CD was good. Nothing earth shattering or ground breaking. But just good old rock and roll with a southern touch to it.

[quote]swivel wrote:
jacross wrote:

hahaha ! totally! …coldplay, oasis, radiohead, all the same self-loathing man-love-slathering syrup…er not that there’s anything wrong with that. [/quote]

You, sir, know nothing about music if you dare compare Radiohead to Oasis or Coldplay.

That is all.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
swivel wrote:
jacross wrote:

You, sir, know nothing about music if you dare compare Radiohead to Oasis or Coldplay.

That is all.[/quote]

Looks like Brittney loves herself a little Radiohead too…

since i saw some banter going back and forth about coldplay, radiohead, u2, and oasis, i’ve analogized these groups’ music to the work of our familiars:

u2 - TC - hellbent pioneers with vision
oasis - bill phillips - just plain gay
coldplay - dan john - beautifully simple and simply beautiful
radiohead - thibadeau - deep, layered complexity … either you get it, or …

Bastard

[quote]Bastard Guy wrote:
since i saw some banter going back and forth about coldplay, radiohead, u2, and oasis, i’ve analogized these groups’ music to the work of our familiars:

u2 - TC - hellbent pioneers with vision
oasis - bill phillips - just plain gay
coldplay - dan john - beautifully simple and simply beautiful
radiohead - thibadeau - deep, layered complexity … either you get it, or …

Bastard[/quote]

Perfect!

Coldplay is too soft, definetely gay, lol. j/k I just dont get how any guy could like it. But thats why everyone is free to be themselves and like what they want.