Cold Sores

once a virus incorporates its genetic code into your DNA, how can you reverse that? i think it would be very difficult if not impossible.

I think the best you can do is kill the affected cell, or permanently inhibit it’s action, the best step i could see is inhibition of transcription, i.e force chromatin to pack at that loci.

Hmmm, not all viruses are the same.

For example, most of us have had the flu, but we don’t all have it permanently. We don’t all have every virus that we’ve ever caught in the past.

Some viruses can however stick around, dormant or undetected by the body in some way, such that we don’t seem to be able to completely get rid of them.

[quote]helga wrote:
I have the last little bit of one hanging on my lip right now. Damn little bastards. If someone invented a cure for that damn virus I would pay anything for it!

Lysine and a cream containing Aciclovir is what I do. Eventually you will learn the tell tale ‘tingle’ feeling and know that it is time to dose up on Lysine and what ever else you have. If you feel the tingle, dont wait, do what ever you can then.

The comments about Arginine are right as well. It is important to know this as many protein powders or weight gainers and dosed with extra Arginine. I bought one recently without noticing and within a few days I had a cold sore. A little bit will not hurt you, but I stay away from anything that has added Arginine in it.

Finally, I hope whatever action you were getting from the girl who gave you the virus was worth a lifetime of coldsores.[/quote]

One of the first posts I made here, we had that conversation.

Buy some Tea Tree Essential Oil (must say 100% pure essential oil!) and dab it on there. It’ll take a few days, but it’s natural and ti’s not gonna cause liver damage.

To the guy whos friend gets it form peanuts or peanut butter – FOOD ALLERGY! Quit eating it, you dummy.

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:
Buy some Tea Tree Essential Oil (must say 100% pure essential oil!) and dab it on there. It’ll take a few days, but it’s natural and ti’s not gonna cause liver damage.

To the guy whos friend gets it form peanuts or peanut butter – FOOD ALLERGY! Quit eating it, you dummy.[/quote]

Nuts are rich in Arginine.

No.
The drug companies would go out of business if they sold cures for AIDs,since they have to increase profits,by law.

Yes,they’d make a lot of money by selling the cures,but in the long run they’d go out of business because in the end everyone would be cured.

Same with cancer and other diseases.

They’d lose their jobs.
Thats why mostly all drugs treat SYMPTOMS and not the cause.