Cold Showers

I have felt nothing but awesome since I started taking these about a month ago.

They’re like a fucking trigger switch for awesomeness.

Hangover? Tired after work? Conditioning leaving you gased? Finished your workout?

COLD SHOWER!! SHAZAM!

Revitalized and energized for the next task at hand.

I try to get in two a day and have now worked my way to taking the shower without using any warm water all, which is about cold enough to drink if I were thirsty.

Do it and see how you feel. If you’re man enough.

I have never taken one before a workout but would like to try it. I have taken one after and felt an instant surge of recovery. I also like to take a cold shower before bed because it makes me sleep like a rock. Most assume a warm shower is helpful for sleeping but a cold one is truly the cure for insomnia.

I start off at lukewarm for a couple of minutes and then end with full-on cold for a couple of minutes. Interestingly, I’ve noticed the most marked effects of this in my complexion – seems to be a great fix for acne.

jesus why would anyone want to put themselves through that. You guys are insane

here in egypt from around april to october i never touch the hot tap. Full cold, helps with inflammation and also apparently boosts testosterone levels.

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
COLD SHOWER!! SHAZAM!
[/quote]
I don’t think that’s the scientific explanation but there is a lot of positive things to be said about alternating temperature showers. (Alternating cold then warm)

I have also read articles on warm to cool showers being more beneficial then hot showers for a variety of reasons including dandruff and other skin dryness problems.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
COLD SHOWER!! SHAZAM!
[/quote]
I don’t think that’s the scientific explanation but there is a lot of positive things to be said about alternating temperature showers. (Alternating cold then warm)

I have also read articles on warm to cool showers being more beneficial then hot showers for a variety of reasons including dandruff and other skin dryness problems. [/quote]

There is some science when it comes to cold showers…

I keep my showers on the cold side for dandruff and dry skin, helps with any last bit that diet and fish oil didn’t help fix.

I prefer MAG-10 for recovery though haha…

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
I keep my showers on the cold side for dandruff and dry skin, helps with any last bit that diet and fish oil didn’t help fix.

I prefer MAG-10 for recovery though haha…[/quote]

I didn’t know cooler showers could help with dandruff…I’ll definitely start doing that. If I forget to shampoo for any longer than two days, my scalp becomes a snow covered landscape.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Sutebun wrote:
COLD SHOWER!! SHAZAM!
[/quote]
[/quote]

The science was just enough to get me motivated to try it. You won’t know until you try! I’ve read the page linked here and numerous others, but it’s not their claims (or my own) that matter. What matters is I tried the showers, have been taking them for weeks, and feel great.

Likewise anyone reading this won’t know how they respond until they give cold showers a try and stick with them for at least a week or two.

I gave cold showers a try a few years back. Pretty hard for me to get used to, but like kgildner said, it’s a lot easier to start off warm. The only drawback that I’ve found from taking a cold shower was that it seems harder to rinse soap off. Maybe it’s just me or possibly a soft water issue?

Definately helps me sleep. althouth I usually go for a cold bath, much more badass.

I used to do this all the time, and then for some reason stopped. Because of this tread I started again and i just feel like im more alert, focused and my muscles feel much better!

[quote]BCP27 wrote:

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

I didn’t know cooler showers could help with dandruff…I’ll definitely start doing that. If I forget to shampoo for any longer than two days, my scalp becomes a snow covered landscape. [/quote]

I couldn’t find the thread (at work, slow loading) but there was a discussion about eliminating some shampoo and soaps for people with dandruff problems. I did it for a while myself with some pretty good results, but with work and working out I enjoy my body wash and shampoo haha.

I would look into the subject though if your dandruff is that bad, maybe your shampoo is too harsh (or diet in my case).

Oh, btw, you don’t need to take a cold shower completely, taking a normal warm shower and than rinsing off in cold (or cool) water will help all the same as far as the dandruff in concerned (hopefully anyway)

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

[quote]BCP27 wrote:

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

I didn’t know cooler showers could help with dandruff…I’ll definitely start doing that. If I forget to shampoo for any longer than two days, my scalp becomes a snow covered landscape. [/quote]

I couldn’t find the thread (at work, slow loading) but there was a discussion about eliminating some shampoo and soaps for people with dandruff problems. I did it for a while myself with some pretty good results, but with work and working out I enjoy my body wash and shampoo haha.

I would look into the subject though if your dandruff is that bad, maybe your shampoo is too harsh (or diet in my case).

Oh, btw, you don’t need to take a cold shower completely, taking a normal warm shower and than rinsing off in cold (or cool) water will help all the same as far as the dandruff in concerned (hopefully anyway)
[/quote]

Shampoo is the only thing that helps my dandruff, I’ve tried the no shampoo thing before. It gets bad enough where I start getting scabs on my head.

I am starting some warm/cold baths though, I’ve heard contrast showers/baths can help with recovery.

Cold showers are fuckin awesome. Very energizing.

So why is this in the supplements and nutrition forum?

Buy some Nizoral shampoo and your dandruff will be taken care of. It is also good for keeping your hair from thinning.