Cold Showers Increase Test. How?

Biggest (most muscular) dude I knew in high school swore by cold showers for recovery. Said he never took warm showers. Who knows.

I remember hearing that hot water increases inflammation and may prolong recovery. I’ve never done cold showers though… eek.

No like.

I always take 5-minute cold showers after my normal ones.

If nothing else, it gives you a lasting burst of energy. It also stops you from sweating.

Give it a try. It’s tough at first but your body gets used to it after a week or two.

The Spartans did it, James Bond did it, that crazy guy in “Ravenous” did it, therefore I should do it. Logic win.

[quote]siouxperman wrote:
Biggest (most muscular) dude I knew in high school swore by cold showers for recovery. Said he never took warm showers. Who knows.[/quote]

There is likely something to that in terms recovery. Even if there is no large effect, it does feel good switching between cold and hot temperatures when your sore after weight training. I believe CT recommended it a few years back.

[quote]kakno wrote:
I guess no one really knows how true this is, but it’s been stated that crazy Finns who saw holes in the ice and swim in icecold water have more brown fat than normal people. And the fat in those cells should be easier to break down if needed than white fat. That’s the only positive effect of being cold that I can think of.

But I don’t think it will do anything to your testosterone levels.

Pretty irrelevant question that I don’t think will make this thread worse: Why the fuck does darkness → melatonin → less gonadotropin releasing hormone → less luteinizing hormone → lower testosterone? Is there a point in that? Does nature want animals to only fuck during summer? Why?[/quote]

Random guess - more kids born in spring = better chance of survival?

[quote]Josh Rider wrote:

[quote]siouxperman wrote:
Biggest (most muscular) dude I knew in high school swore by cold showers for recovery. Said he never took warm showers. Who knows.[/quote]

There is likely something to that in terms recovery. Even if there is no large effect, it does feel good switching between cold and hot temperatures when your sore after weight training. I believe CT recommended it a few years back.[/quote]

Health and fitness enthusiasts have recommended cold showers or contrast showers for decades. No clue if it raises test, but it feels good after a hard workout.

If I’m not mistaken cold showers, ice baths, or whatever help reduce muscle soreness and increase muscle recovery. Not saying that has anything to do with hormones, but it does have its place in training I guess.
Not that I have much interest in doing it…

[quote]danchubb wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Why the fuck does darkness → melatonin → less gonadotropin releasing hormone → less luteinizing hormone → lower testosterone? Is there a point in that? Does nature want animals to only fuck during summer? Why?[/quote]

Random guess - more kids born in spring = better chance of survival?
[/quote]

Sounds good at least. Thanks!

I’ve read that “ice therapy” for recovery is just a myth. But I don’t know what’s true and at least placebo kicks ass.

I’ve read before that cold temperatures increase GH release and I know that the body will burn calories trying to produce heat.

I like cold showers/ contrast showers but now that its getting cold outside, I can’t bare to get out of a cold shower when its 62 degrees in my house… yes I’m a cheap bastard.

[quote]kakno wrote:

Sounds good at least. Thanks!

I’ve read that “ice therapy” for recovery is just a myth. But I don’t know what’s true and at least placebo kicks ass.[/quote]

When I was at API in Florida they did ice therapy after all the training sessions. We would do cold dunks afterward in the whirlpool full of ice water. They train a lot of athletes for the NFL combine and have all of them doing it as well. it definitely sucked but helped recovery. Didnt boost any test i dont think

I took a cold shower. It didn’t raise my test, but it did raise my testicles.
I also got major shrinkage.

Not very manly.

JUST.BE.SAFE.

Make sure you take an AI if you’re going to do a cycle of cold showers. The effect of sudden, frequent cold showers spiking your “T” is going to cause an increase in “E2”.

Any suggestion for PST? (Post Shower Therapy)