Cold Showers Increase Test. How?

"During the 19th century, many doctors and ministers recommended that young men take baths in cold water to reduce the sin of â??self-pollution,â?? i.e. whacking off. Cold water was thought to extinguish a manâ??s flaming carnal desires. There was even a ghastly device invented on this principle.

How wrong they were! The same study by the Thrombosis Research Institute cited above showed that cold water showers actually increase testosterone production in men. Increased testosterone levels not only boost a manâ??s libido, but also his overall strength and energy level. If youâ??re looking to increase your testosterone, instead of juicing up like Mark McGwire, hop into a cold shower."

Read more: 7 Health Benefits of a Cold Shower | The Art of Manliness

I’m kind of curious about this one. I wasn’t able to find the original study on the internet. Wouldn’t cold showers INCREASE fat storage to combat the cold and therefore cortisol? Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone. Doesn’t stress DECREASE testosterone? Cold showers also DECREASE blood flow to the muscle, and I do not know how this INCREASES recovery. But also, what makes cold showers INCREASE testosterone? Does anyone have enough understanding of how the body works to answer these questions?

Personally, if I were taking a nice hot shower and somebody suddenly made it freezing, I’d be in rage mode so hard there would be testosterone oozing out my ass.

I have always maintained the theory that being pissed off a lot raises testosterone.

I don’t know about being pissed off, but I have definitely felt rejuvenated and alive from a nice cold shower. Most people think I’m nuts for doing it, but most people eat like shit and wonder why they don’t get results!

“Cold Showers Increase Test. How?”

They don’t.

Yeah, I’m sure that “instead of juicing,” you can get the same effect from a cold shower.

The whole anabolic steroid industry, right down the drain!!

[quote]andersons wrote:

The whole anabolic steroid industry, right down the drain!![/quote]

pun acknowledged

[quote]andersons wrote:
Yeah, I’m sure that “instead of juicing,” you can get the same effect from a cold shower.

The whole anabolic steroid industry, right down the drain!![/quote]Lol…don’t you realize that was an “exaggeration joke”? Most bodybuilders don’t plan on injecting illegal hormones and will do things to boost their natural testosterone, even if by a little bit.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
I don’t know about being pissed off, but I have definitely felt rejuvenated and alive from a nice cold shower. Most people think I’m nuts for doing it, but most people eat like shit and wonder why they don’t get results![/quote]I had a cold shower for the first time in a few years. I agree, it feels nice to finally get out.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Personally, if I were taking a nice hot shower and somebody suddenly made it freezing, I’d be in rage mode so hard there would be testosterone oozing out my ass.

I have always maintained the theory that being pissed off a lot raises testosterone.[/quote]
Taking cold showers everyday raises test outside of the shower, apparently.

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

I’m kind of curious about this one. I wasn’t able to find the original study on the internet. Wouldn’t cold showers INCREASE fat storage to combat the cold and therefore cortisol? Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone. Doesn’t stress DECREASE testosterone? Cold showers also DECREASE blood flow to the muscle, and I do not know how this INCREASES recovery. But also, what makes cold showers INCREASE testosterone? Does anyone have enough understanding of how the body works to answer these questions?[/quote]

OMG STFU!!! Honestly, re-read what you just typed here. You honestly believe cold showers INCREASE fat storage??? Not eating too much?? Wow, this is the WORST case of majoring in the minors I have EVER seen! Facepalm x1000.

Get a clue before you ask type stupid shit. I mean, dont get me wrong, I’ve believed in stupid shit, but not this. NEVER to this degree. I just feel like punching the computer screen. Unfortunately, its the school’s property so i cant.

Just know that I wish you would honestly not only do some reading in basic physiology, but also use common sense. Wow. Fuck. Just fuck.

This is scientifically unsound.

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

I’m kind of curious about this one. I wasn’t able to find the original study on the internet. Wouldn’t cold showers INCREASE fat storage to combat the cold and therefore cortisol? Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone. Doesn’t stress DECREASE testosterone? Cold showers also DECREASE blood flow to the muscle, and I do not know how this INCREASES recovery. But also, what makes cold showers INCREASE testosterone? Does anyone have enough understanding of how the body works to answer these questions?[/quote]

OMG STFU!!! Honestly, re-read what you just typed here. You honestly believe cold showers INCREASE fat storage??? Not eating too much?? Wow, this is the WORST case of majoring in the minors I have EVER seen! Facepalm x1000.

Get a clue before you ask type stupid shit. I mean, dont get me wrong, I’ve believed in stupid shit, but not this. NEVER to this degree. I just feel like punching the computer screen. Unfortunately, its the school’s property so i cant.

Just know that I wish you would honestly not only do some reading in basic physiology, but also use common sense. Wow. Fuck. Just fuck.[/quote]

You really snapped on dude, lol, but yes a bad case of majoring in the minors!

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

Just know that I wish you would honestly not only do some reading in basic physiology, but also use common sense. Wow. Fuck. Just fuck.[/quote]I didn’t say I believed cold showers increase fat storage. Why don’t YOU reread my post? And if you’re so smart, then why don’t you explain the science behind it?

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

Just know that I wish you would honestly not only do some reading in basic physiology, but also use common sense. Wow. Fuck. Just fuck.[/quote]I didn’t say I believed cold showers increase fat storage. Why don’t YOU reread my post? And if you’re so smart, then why don’t you explain the science behind it?[/quote]

You don’t get the big picture.

You don’t get the big picture.[/quote]
What is the big picture? You’re not proving anything here.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

I have always maintained the theory that being pissed off a lot raises testosterone.[/quote]

being pissed off will raise adrenaline and other stress hormones, which would probably be counter productive to recovery and growth.

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

Just know that I wish you would honestly not only do some reading in basic physiology, but also use common sense. Wow. Fuck. Just fuck.[/quote]I didn’t say I believed cold showers increase fat storage. Why don’t YOU reread my post? And if you’re so smart, then why don’t you explain the science behind it?[/quote]

Really? Read what you posted:

“I’m kind of curious about this one. I wasn’t able to find the original study on the internet. Wouldn’t cold showers INCREASE fat storage to combat the cold and therefore cortisol? Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone.”

Your statement says at the end “Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone”. You seem pretty set in those beliefs, as you didn’t say “cold showers MIGHT increase noradrenaline” but rather that they DO.

You’re right buddy, I can’t explain all the intricacies of what happens when you take a cold shower. But I don’t have to. NO ONE in their right mind would. No one who is muscular, strong, successful, good looking or rich ever gave a damn.

And, just for a second, lets say cold showers increase cortisol (an essential hormone by the way) and decrease testosterone and all this other hoopla you think is happening…guess what, it is ONLY temporary and all these negative effects would ware off as soon as you got out of the shower.

[quote]PikaHulk wrote:

You don’t get the big picture.[/quote]
What is the big picture? You’re not proving anything here.[/quote]

You can’t see the trees for the forest, man.

[quote]forbes wrote:
Really? Read what you posted:

“I’m kind of curious about this one. I wasn’t able to find the original study on the internet. Wouldn’t cold showers INCREASE fat storage to combat the cold and therefore cortisol? Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone.”

Your statement says at the end “Cold showers increase noradrenaline, a stress hormone”. You seem pretty set in those beliefs, as you didn’t say “cold showers MIGHT increase noradrenaline” but rather that they DO.

You’re right buddy, I can’t explain all the intricacies of what happens when you take a cold shower. But I don’t have to. NO ONE in their right mind would. No one who is muscular, strong, successful, good looking or rich ever gave a damn.

And, just for a second, lets say cold showers increase cortisol (an essential hormone by the way) and decrease testosterone and all this other hoopla you think is happening…guess what, it is ONLY temporary and all these negative effects would ware off as soon as you got out of the shower.

[/quote]Rebound effect, maybe?

I guess no one really knows how true this is, but it’s been stated that crazy Finns who saw holes in the ice and swim in icecold water have more brown fat than normal people. And the fat in those cells should be easier to break down if needed than white fat. That’s the only positive effect of being cold that I can think of.

But I don’t think it will do anything to your testosterone levels.

Pretty irrelevant question that I don’t think will make this thread worse: Why the fuck does darkness → melatonin → less gonadotropin releasing hormone → less luteinizing hormone → lower testosterone? Is there a point in that? Does nature want animals to only fuck during summer? Why?

not really sure why people are freaking out over this post. It’s not like he said hes going to replace lifting with cold showers to get swole from all his excess test. He read a study, didn’t understand the physiological mechanism behind why it may or may not be true, and presented his reasoning behind it, asking for other people’s opinion.

Is this really majoring in the minors? Yeah, this is a minor thing, but I doubt he’s losing any sleep over this. I never understand why people freak out when someone is curious about a minor issue and respond with dude why are you wasting you’re time worrying about something so insignificant, just like eat and pick up heavy shit dude, but then go and have no problem making 21381293 posts in the get a life section about video games and shit

While I doubt that your test will increase by much I could see it making sense. When our bodies react to certain situations we adjust accordingly. Maybe our test rises as a survival type thing. Who knows? None of us.