T Nation

Cold Fx

So I’ve heard good things about Cold Fx, including from Poloquin, and since I have a cold I thought I’d give it a shot. But my problem is that I’m not sure when and with what to take it. Should I take it in the morning, with food? Or some other time without.
Thanks

What does the label recommend and why do people ask questions like this?

it says take one capsule 2 times a day.
That isn’t very descriptive…

[quote]Qualay wrote:
it says take one capsule 2 times a day.
That isn’t very descriptive…[/quote]

What more do you need?

Take one capsule upon rising and another before bed, unless they contain stimulants. In which case you could take the second dose 6 hours later.

I heard it doesn’t really work…it was marketed heavy here in Canada by Don Cherry. Best thing for a cold is lots of rest and liquids. I take Sudafed Extra Strength for nasal congestion.

All of these over the counter cold cures have been pretty thoroughly debunked, sure, zinc, C, whatever may help your ‘immune’ system in some broad sense, but a virus is a virus, and with the exception of certain cases, the only cure is letting it run it’s course.

My usual treatment is mega doses of chicken soup made from bone based stock, tons of water, lots of rest…works every time.

I use intravenous interferon. Works like a charm.

be carefull taking it, i had an allergic reaction

[quote]Digity wrote:
I heard it doesn’t really work…it was marketed heavy here in Canada by Don Cherry. Best thing for a cold is lots of rest and liquids. I take Sudafed Extra Strength for nasal congestion.[/quote]

Don Cherry was my neighbor when I was 4 years old so it must be good.