T Nation

Cola and Muscle Paralysis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8056028.stm

“Excessive cola consumption can lead to anything from mild weakness to profound muscle paralysis, doctors are warning.”

I thought this was due to a possible link between the condition and ASPARTAME, i.e. aspartame poisoning?

We all know cola is bad for you. carbination is also bad for you and slows ur reaction time down. If ur a serious lifter you don’t drink soda

:: spits cola at screen ::

then

:: goes into complete paralysis ::

afhhafya bh nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]charger21 wrote:
We all know cola is bad for you. carbination is also bad for you and slows ur reaction time down. If ur a serious lifter you don’t drink soda[/quote]

Im pretty sure I saw Dave Tate drinking it once. Are you saying he’s not serious?

NB: The study was talking about 4-10 litres a day. I think even water is bad for you in that quantity.

[quote]charger21 wrote:
We all know cola is bad for you. carbination is also bad for you and slows ur reaction time down. If ur a serious lifter you don’t drink soda[/quote]

Are you a “serious” lifter?

Lol that must suck, I gave up soda years ago.

What the hell is â??colaâ?? or â??sodaâ??? Thatâ??s almost as bad as â??popâ??. Itâ??s called a coke.

Do you ask for â??facial tissueâ?? or a Kleenex.

I guess it pays to live in the south. We donâ??t drink â??colaâ?? and the article doesnâ??t mention anything about cokes.

COKE FTW!

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
charger21 wrote:
We all know cola is bad for you. carbination is also bad for you and slows ur reaction time down. If ur a serious lifter you don’t drink soda

Im pretty sure I saw Dave Tate drinking it once. Are you saying he’s not serious?

NB: The study was talking about 4-10 litres a day. I think even water is bad for you in that quantity. [/quote]

Water is bad for you in that quantity? 4+ litres of water a day? are you being serious? thats the amount we SHOULD be drinking at least imo

Granted, its over 10 liters per day, but even like 8 can cause problems.

[quote]jb413 wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
charger21 wrote:

NB: The study was talking about 4-10 litres a day. I think even water is bad for you in that quantity.

Water is bad for you in that quantity? 4+ litres of water a day? are you being serious? thats the amount we SHOULD be drinking at least imo
[/quote]

Clearly I was refering to the higher end of the scale.

They tell of the curious case of an Australian ostrich farmer who needed emergency care for lung paralysis after drinking 4-10 litres of cola a day.

I think drinking between 1-almost 2.5 gallons of cola a day might cause problems like that.