Coffee with Milk and Sugar

Do you guys think that you can have coffee with milk and sugar post workout? If you are in that 2 hour window wouldn’t it not do any harm? Just curious.

If we’re talking one cup of coffee with 4-5 grams of sugar and milk, then I don’t think it’s something you should worry about.

If its a 400mg caffeine, 500 calorie monster frozen drink from Starbucks, then that’s a different story. That much caffeine would significantly decrease insulin sensitivity, and that much sugar probably surpasses the deficit from your workout.

if you want to see 7 abs instead of 6 I would skip it.

Answer 1) Depends on your goals.

Answer 2) If it fits your macros?

Answer 3) Don’t worry about it.

I agree with all three other dudes. A regular cup most likely won’t be a huge deal (if anything, I’d go 1% or skim milk instead of whole milk or cream if we’re talking very soon post-workout), but a red eye frappacino double pump with whip is a different story.

[quote]terryleahyjr wrote:
If you are in that 2 hour window wouldn’t it not do any harm?[/quote]
What two hour window?

The two hour post workout window where one would typically have a large amount of higher GI carbs along with a good helping of protein? The post workout meal after the MAG-10 helping taken immediately after working out?

[quote]terryleahyjr wrote:
The two hour post workout window where one would typically have a large amount of higher GI carbs along with a good helping of protein?[/quote]
If your peri-WO nutrition is in place, there’s no real urgent window.