Coffee Brewing

Because you thought we had all died out by now???

3 Likes

I do too. I love nitro as well. I’ve got the stuff to make Toddy, then make nitro, but it’s sooooo much work. I’ve got a neighborhood coffeeshop that makes great nitro.

For brewed coffee, I like to use Aeropress. Super easy and great. If I want espresso, I have a manual espresso machine. Ideally I’d have a setup with a home expresso machine. But, I don’t want to spend $8,000+ until I have a permanent home setup.

1 Like

Yeah, obviously. Everyone born before me is a dinosaur and everyone born after me is still a baby - don’t you know how these things work yet?

For coffee?!?! I’d rather just eat the beans whole than bay 8 racks for a coffee maker. At least the turks realized they can make it with hot sand, sheeesh :joy:

1 Like

https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/gs3-configurator/

I like coffee.

1 Like

I like your marginal risk argument, particularly because I’m aiming for the 80-90% solution.

If using a BPA- and phthalate-free brewing method, such as the AeroPress, and drinking the coffee from a non-plastic container solves most of the micro plastic and xenoestrogen issue, then it’s good enough. Given all the other ways we’re exposed to xenoestrogens (TC’s Men: How to Keep Estrogen in Check from this morning is timely), going for the bigger coffee wins and then focusing on xenoestrogen exposure elsewhere is the better approach.

What’s your take on TC’s “use a paper filter” argument here in order to remove the natural oils (diterpines)? Sounds like you’re a fan, but he argues the natural oils may explain some of the negative findings of drinking coffee.

I had not known of this study. I suppose it is something to consider. I was looking at it from a phytonutrients perspective, as more is better. Might other plant products carry harmful natural oils? I don’t know.

Thanks for the link!

1 Like