Coffee and Anti-Oxidants?

I’ve heard it before, a few times, that coffee has a lot of antioxidants, but I was wondering if that includes most/all coffee.

Does that include regular Folgers, decaf and caffeinated?

We just got hooked on drinking decaf coffee in the evening, and it tastes great. I’d like to have a good nutritional excuse to drink it.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
I’ve heard it before, a few times, that coffee has a lot of antioxidants, but I was wondering if that includes most/all coffee.

Does that include regular Folgers, decaf and caffeinated?

We just got hooked on drinking decaf coffee in the evening, and it tastes great. I’d like to have a good nutritional excuse to drink it.
[/quote]

I think decaf contains the phenols. I do, however, recall a study that concluded that people (ex-smokers maybe?) that drank decaf were less likely to develop lung cancer.

Do a search on here bro been covered multiple times One such was way back I think the thread was called “have my Coffe and drink it to” something if the sort.
If no google is loaded as well

In short yes coffee has a lot of antiox’s even more so than many teas.

Nothing really to add, but hey, I ran out of iced tea (green tea in a jug in the fridge) so I’ve been making iced coffee instead.

All I have in the house is hazelnut flavored instant coffee. Hmm. It’s a little strange, but not bad, I’m getting used to it.

However, I’m thinking maybe I should try for a flavor that might mix well with Metabolic Drive too. Maybe some kind of chocolate or mocha.

On another note, if you really want to go nuts with anti-oxidants, make some iced green tea and then add your coffee to that…

[quote]vroom wrote:
…so I’ve been making iced coffee instead.[/quote]

Iced coffee rocks!!! They got me started on it when I was living in Phoenix.

[quote]vroom wrote:
On another note, if you really want to go nuts with anti-oxidants, make some iced green tea and then add your coffee to that…[/quote]

I missed this the first time. Another splendid practice indeed.

[quote]vroom wrote:
make some iced green tea and then add your coffee to that…[/quote]

Been there done that at 2am working night shift. Have even ate instant coffee grounds- dry. Hello. My name is Michelle and I’m a Caffeholic.

I never liked the idea of iced coffee until I had one of those pre-made ones that you can buy anywhere, but it’s loaded with sugar.

Does it taste anything like when your hot coffee gets cold? If it does, I’ll never be able to drink that.

Then again, I also thought I’d never be much of a coffee person a few years ago too…