Coffee Aids in Appetite Supression

Coffee Patron FTMFW.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I just thought it was kind of cool, as when I would diet for contests, a couple of times each week I like to really let my calories and carbs drop low, and on those days I often find myself drinking a lot of coffee. I’m certain this is something that many others have stumbled upon themselves just through experience.
[/quote]
My caffeine intake doubles from 2 cups of coffee a day to 4 cups when I low-carb.

In Paul Chek’s book, “How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy”, he talks about having the optimum mix of carbs and fats for your body. He didn’t go into the science of it but claimed the if you ate a meal the was too fatty you could balance it by having a cup of coffee or tea or a carb item. Said that’s why some people crave sweets after a heavy meal.

Any “Chek” people on here feel free to correct me if I’m wrong it has been a while since I read that book. [/quote]

I know people can view Chek for being “off” but his ab book was crucial for my physical therapy when my entire abdomen was cut open for peritonitis surgery.

Found these last week and was quite surprised that in addition to being pretty tasty, an ounce of these packs 25mg of caffeine :smiley:

S

x2 on everything here apart from the 400 calorie coffee lol, that wouldn’t fit with my fat intake

It’s definitely good to “cycle” your stimulant dosing. When I get too addicted I’ll overdo it and will end up with dry sinuses, sometimes a fluttery heart, and high cortisol levels (you can actually feel this, you’ll get the sniffles & a scratchy throat)

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
x2 on everything here apart from the 400 calorie coffee lol, that wouldn’t fit with my fat intake

It’s definitely good to “cycle” your stimulant dosing. When I get too addicted I’ll overdo it and will end up with dry sinuses, sometimes a fluttery heart, and high cortisol levels (you can actually feel this, you’ll get the sniffles & a scratchy throat)[/quote]

How do you feel high cortisol levels ?

I typically drink 16 OZ of coffee 2 hours before a lunch-time workout, and then drink 16 OZ of coffee during the workout. Something about coffee plus a heavy workout just kills my appetite.

Then I try to stay under 16 OZ of coffee on the off-days – but that can be hard.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I don’t have the link to any actual studies to throw up, but as I was driving in to work this morning I had the radio on and the news folks were discussing how this is something that has been studied, and is now a supported effect.

I just thought it was kind of cool, as when I would diet for contests, a couple of times each week I like to really let my calories and carbs drop low, and on those days I often find myself drinking a lot of coffee. I’m certain this is something that many others have stumbled upon themselves just through experience.

Always nice to have something you were doing simply through your own anecdotal reasoning suddenly supported by ‘real’ science :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

[quote]magick62d wrote:
I love bullet proof coffee! 12ozs coffee,2 tbls grass fed butter and a tbls coconut oil. [/quote]

I haven’t tried the actual product but I have used butter plus coconut oil in coffee and its great! Now I am not an avid coffee drinker by any means (tea is the drink over here) but I have been drinking more of it since having kids and I have to say this stuff works a treat. The coffee buzz last a lot longer with no major downer that I would normally experience drinking regular coffee.

I just read an alternative recipe for coffee utilising the same principals i.e. adding fat to coffee. This one involves adding egg yolks or whole eggs to coffee. Sounds shit but so did the butter and oil idea and that proved me wrong!

Here’s the recipe. I wont provide the link but you can google ‘primal egg coffee’ to get the ‘how to’ in-depth version.

1 1/2 cup (350 ml) coffee
3 pastured egg yolks
sugar / honey whatever…

1 cup (240 ml) coffee
2 pastured whole eggs
sugar / honey whatever…

I already add left over coffee to pancakes and porridge and that works great - walnuts, banana & coffee great combo.

Would Decaf work as an appetite suppressant?