Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy

Interesting video here with some anecdotal evidence.

the doctor in the video thinks Alzheimer’s is caused by the brain cells becoming unable to absorb carbs for energy, so they die. Her remedy is ketones specifically from coconut oil.

Sorry, I love coconut oil, but it ain’t gonna cure Alz. In Alzheimer’s from my current understanding from Dr. Colgan is that the mitochondria have been killed, and enough of them that it is irrerversible. All about prevention.

I’ve seen this in articles though, not sure if it’s the same as the source above

i would slightly agree though that it would be related to carbs and insulin in particular. I believe it is touted now as diabetes type 3. on the cellular would be above my pay grade but I do know it is a rotting of tissues, insulin caused, and then misfiring of neurons and the like. that and some more obviously. I havent watched the video yet though.

I don’t have much to say since i don’t know much about it. The video is interesting, in addition to the lady who started the trend they briefly talk to some researchers from oxford.

Thought the video was worth posting, mostly to see what people have to say about it.

The lady who does the story has a REALLY annoying voice though.

also if you look on youtube there are a bunch of testimonials from people who were diagnosed (correctly or not) with Alzheimer’s or dementia, who have seen incredible improvement on coconut oil. Of course there are also those who noticed no difference.

This reminds me of Terry Wahl’s dietary protocol for MS.

Hmm found her a bit hard to listen to but the info was interesting. Not sure what i think about it honestly.

I found an interesting blog post on Autophagy (cellular cleaning/renewal)

http://joshwhiton.com/?p=1319