Cocaine and T-Levels

Ok one time I had a friend that tried cocaine. He was not a user, but decided to try it.

We got into a big arguement about cocaines effects on t levels and cortisol with me.

My friend told me that his desire for sex went through the roof, not to mention drive and feeling.

I aruged that it was placebo, and that if anything it would lower your t levels.

Well He has convinced me that it does something to your t levels. I dont know I dont believe him. But I am curious has any supplement companies ever looked into how dopamine increases effect testosterone? Thus finding a supplement that might do that?

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
Ok one time I had a friend that tried cocaine. He was not a user, but decided to try it.

We got into a big arguement about cocaines effects on t levels and cortisol with me.

My friend told me that his desire for sex went through the roof, not to mention drive and feeling.

I aruged that it was placebo, and that if anything it would lower your t levels.

Well He has convinced me that it does something to your t levels. I dont know I dont believe him. But I am curious has any supplement companies ever looked into how dopamine increases effect testosterone? Thus finding a supplement that might do that?[/quote]

Not a placebo effect in the case of cocaine, unless it was fake:)

Its not t-levels, its neuro-transmitters.

[quote]keaster wrote:
Kill’Em All wrote:

Well He has convinced me that it does something to your t levels. I dont know I dont believe him. But I am curious has any supplement companies ever looked into how dopamine increases effect testosterone? Thus finding a supplement that might do that?

[/quote]

So nuerotransmitters can increase sperm count and sex drive?

If anything, a vasoconstrictor like cocaine will make you temporarily impotent.

ummm…

The beauties of Pubmed…
I would just like to know… why would get into a debate about T-lvls and cocaine… it just sounds strange. I guess your a true muscle head when you connect cocaine to Tlvls. If it were me, i’d just enjoy the high.

It’s all a temporary feeling…and thats the “evil” with drugs like Coke and Meth.

Without going into a lot of Neurobiology, Cocaine INITIALLY allows Dopamine (a neurotransmitter) to accumulate, mostly in the “pleasure” centers of the brain, in ever increasing amounts (compared to normal), leading to the euphoria, “high” and increased sex drive seen.

However, after a period of time, the ever-efficient body begins to decrease ENDOGENOUS Dopamine production , leading to quite the opposite effect…depression, anxiety, decreased libido, etc…that can only be felt with increasing and more frequent amounts of Cocaine.

The trap is then set.

Temporary increases in pleasure and sex drive simply is not worth the long-term effects.

Mufasa

[/quote]

Where did the increase in sperm count come from?

Cocaine is under a class of drugs called sympathomimetics, in that it stimulates the Sympathetic nervous system.

Cocaine is a catecholamine reuptake inhibitor which prevents the reuptake of dopamine and noradrenaline from the synapse, the reason why your sex drive is increased is because of the dopamine effects on the brains pleasure centers, however impotency develops as a result of elevated serum adrenaline and noradrenaline which mimic a fight of flight response thus directing blood away from your sex organs and GI to your brain and muscles.

while im ignorant on whether it has a direct effect on T-levels it is a safe assumption that elevated stress hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline will elicit an increase in cortisol.

Check out The Stimulant Roundtable. I believe the subject of cocaine is addressed in some capacity.

I forget what they go over specifically, but given the name of the site, they probably address its effects on endogenous androgen production.

That’s the academic answer, as relates to the debate. The real life answer, of course, is what even talk about it? Do you really need another reason not to use cocaine?

i dont want to use cocaine! I was just curious if any research has been done on dopamines effects on t levels?
just another area to research a dopamine releasing t product!!!

keaster wrote:
Kill’Em All wrote:

[/quote]

I dont get this statement??? Neurotransmitters can increase sex drive. I dont think they can do anything about sperm count (which is kinda a strange question).

“Cocaine’s a helluva drug…”

I heard rat poison would cause a significant decrease in t levels

Anyone catch that bust in the bay area?
half a billion dollars worth of cocaine. God dam!
No wonder Oakland is so ghetto rich.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I heard rat poison would cause a significant decrease in t levels [/quote]

is that when you were cooking up tweak in your kitchen? It dawned on you?

I think your the “friend” being inconspicuous…