Coan Phillipi Week 8 Stall

Was doing the coan phillipi deadlift routine with a previous max of 365 and desired 405. All was going ok until week 8. I got 365x2 fairly easily on week 7 but on week 8 was supposed to do 385x2. I didn’t even get it up to my knees… Question is what should i do now. I can only think of two options.

1. Go on to week 9 and attempt 395x1
  2. Max Out to see how much I gained then move on to the next program i was going to do (Texas Method).

[quote]HenBurg53 wrote:
Was doing the coan phillipi deadlift routine with a previous max of 365 and desired 405. All was going ok until week 8. I got 365x2 fairly easily on week 7 but on week 8 was supposed to do 385x2. I didn’t even get it up to my knees… Question is what should i do now. I can only think of two options.

2. Max Out to see how much I gained then move on to the next program i was going to do (Texas Method).[/quote]

Before any of that, I would take a look at your form first.

CS

I too am on ths program. Same week . I hit my last double just fine. Slow but fine. After seeing many reports of misses on this week. I planned for two singles…one minute apart and got them. I was prepared…as this is an over reaching week.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]HenBurg53 wrote:

2. Max Out to see how much I gained then move on to the next program i was going to do (Texas Method).[/quote]

Before any of that, I would take a look at your form first.

CS[/quote]
Form isn’t perfect but i don’t think its bad either next week ill post a vid.

[quote]barbedwired wrote:
I too am on ths program. Same week . I hit my last double just fine. Slow but fine. After seeing many reports of misses on this week. I planned for two singles…one minute apart and got them. I was prepared…as this is an over reaching week.[/quote]
Yea same if I was able to get the first rep I would have taken a minute or 2 before attempting the second. Any ideas on what to do moving forward?

Anyone got any ideas on what to do moving forward?

I like to repeat the exact workout that I failed. In case it was just a bad day, cns burnout or bad form. If I fail again it ensures it was real. Sometimes however I complete it n move on again…

Alright so i guess i’ll retry week 8 then

Well. My stall is on week 9. Barely broke weight off the floor. Failed.Dang

It’s very common to miss a rep on Week 8, I’ve done it before and still pulled a 40 lb PR. The timing of the overreaching isn’t perfect for everyone, some people just need slightly more recovery. I wouldn’t even repeat Week 8, just see how Week 9 and 10 feel.

So I tried 395 as week 9 called for and missed it but got 385 which is a 20 lb PR. I assume I shouldnt try to move on to week 10 but rather move onto the next program I plan on doing (the texas method)?

Ya.ni gotta 20 pd p.r… but looks like I’m topped out… lastnattempt is friday