T Nation

Coachella 2007


[i]“Killing In The Name” was particularly insane; you haven’t lived until you’ve yelled “Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me,” pumping fists with 60,000 sunburned kids in the desert.

The audience expected, and received, the most politically-charged set of the weekend. That the band was compelled to reunite amid this unprecedented partisan climate made the performance more significant than Rage’s last Coachella show in '99. And lest there was any confusion, Zack de la Rocha let his thoughts on the current administration be known with these words:[/i]

"[The current administration] needs to be tried, hung and shot. We need to treat them like the war criminals they are. But the challenges we face go beyond the current administration ? It?s a system we have to tear down, generation after generation."

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/concert/coachella-rage-against-the-machine-reunite.html

Who Digs ?!

I wonder what he thinks of terrorism.

you need to cut back on youre daily intake of fox news!

I know, I know, it’s those damn conservatives. Damn fascists! But hey, Hermann Goering whom you quote on your profile,was he a good fascist? I mean if you overlook the part about him being a Nazi and ordering the execution of 6 million people!

How is the media message RATM put forth any different then any other?
It’s nothing more than regurgitated Communist Propaganda.Maybe they could play for Hugo Chavez on one of his government owned TV stations.
“Know your enemy!”… why yes I do.
Whatever…

Nice Che ink…tool.

Seriously, following his first execution of a suspected traitor, when he was a still a MEDIC no less, Che said in his diary that, “At a time when the enemy is increasing their agressiveness, one could not even tolerate the suspicion of treason.”

To criticize the Patriot Act and be pro-Che just shows a lack on consistency. These guys are dipshits.

mike

Yup, to go around touting Che Guevara as your hero makes you at least as evil as anyone you’re attempting to criticize. Gee, helping to foster and install states marked by brutal militarism, communism and oppression for anyone who was suspected of criticizing the regimes . . . wonderful stuff, eh?

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Nice Che ink…tool.

Seriously, following his first execution of a suspected traitor, when he was a still a MEDIC no less, Che said in his diary that, “At a time when the enemy is increasing their agressiveness, one could not even tolerate the suspicion of treason.”

To criticize the Patriot Act and be pro-Che just shows a lack on consistency. These guys are dipshits.

mike

[/quote]

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

To criticize the Patriot Act and be pro-Che just shows a lack on consistency. These guys are dipshits.

mike

[/quote]

And people are stupid enough to buy into it.

So is this thread for bashing Rage Against the Machine? What’s the point of this?

I actually do like their music. I just try to close my mind a little and not listen to the communism contained in it. :slight_smile:

lol, What’s so bad about communism? My culture has been philosophically communist hundreds of years before it became “Red”. rofl.

The US is communist when it comes to poor people. rofl.

Unless you’ve been a lower classed ethnicity in western society for at least 200 yrs, I am not sure if quoting anything would be understood by the rest of us lower classed peoples. So what if we had a constitution and a recognized government. lol.

Um, anyone care to translate this entire post for the English speakers among us?

Thanks.

“rofl”

[quote]chubs108 wrote:
lol, What’s so bad about communism? My culture has been philosophically communist hundreds of years before it became “Red”. rofl.

The US is communist when it comes to poor people. rofl.

Unless you’ve been a lower classed ethnicity in western society for at least 200 yrs, I am not sure if quoting anything would be understood by the rest of us lower classed peoples. So what if we had a constitution and a recognized government. lol.[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
I actually do like their music. I just try to close my mind a little and not listen to the communism contained in it. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I love their music and think they’ve produced some really great stuff, but just don’t buy into their bullshit. Tom Morello drives around in a Ferrari 360 and lives in Beverly Hills while talking about the poor rising up against Bush…

Last I heard in some interview circa 1999 Morello was still driving an old van and lived in a single story house. I’ll agree that realistically revolution my any means necessary isn’t sound idea, especially in this day and age, but I think you’d be hard pressed to actually find any real evidence of the band contradicting themselves.

Can’t wait to see them, Cypress Hill, and Wu-Tang in NY!

I dont care about their take-home message, their music is angry and grooves hard as hell. I listen to it at the gym and it makes me angry and I tend to catch a good rhythm in my training while listening to it.

“FIGHT CORPORATE OPPRESSION!!”

“…that’ll be $40 for your ticket.”

Bullshit message, kickass tunes. I can live with it.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
“FIGHT CORPORATE OPPRESSION!!”

“…that’ll be $40 for your ticket.”

Bullshit message, kickass tunes. I can live with it.[/quote]

“… that’ll be $2.09 for you’re spike shooter.”

“… that’ll be $62.00 thank you for filling smart with Arco.”

You do this alot?

[quote]"… that’ll be $2.09 for you’re spike shooter."

“… that’ll be $62.00 thank you for filling smart with Arco.”[/quote]

But at least Arco or T-Nation don’t convince me they’re fighting the system or some such. They just take my money and give me a product.

Not trying to piss on your favorite band or anything, man, but a fatter target is hard to find.

When there’s commmunism around, yup. Yes sir! :slight_smile:

[quote]ssn0 wrote:
Damici wrote: I just try to close my mind a little and not listen to the communism contained in it. :slight_smile:

You do this alot?[/quote]

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Last I heard in some interview circa 1999 Morello was still driving an old van and lived in a single story house. I’ll agree that realistically revolution my any means necessary isn’t sound idea, especially in this day and age, but I think you’d be hard pressed to actually find any real evidence of the band contradicting themselves.

Can’t wait to see them, Cypress Hill, and Wu-Tang in NY! [/quote]

I was just gonna say… what Tom Morello is this guy talking about living in Beverly Hills?

I’m not even going to bother really trying to debate in this thread because every debate is the same. They are my favorite band ever and if somebody wants to bash them, they can go right ahead; that band has done more fighting for social change (although obviously not as much as some supporters would like to think) than 99% of their critics will ever do. Plus they can simply rock the fuck out.

I will be right up front when they tear Randall’s Island up, just like I was in Coachella!