T Nation

Coach of the Year! (sarcasm)

One of the worst things i have ever heard of:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/07/15/bc.bbo.youngplayerhurt.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

What an asshole. I have a cousin who is mentally and physically handicapped (though she can walk) so this is particularly irritating to me that someone would be so callous! What a jackass.

That sounds just about right around here. Not that I agree with the guy, but that it sounds like a valid accusation. I don’t know if it is a regional thing or what, but it seems that some folks down through the outlying southwestern region of this state are just brutal, stupid animals. Some of the stories that come out of that area are just heinous.

It’s not just there, it’s everywhere. I coached Little League before and the kids are no problem. The problem is with the other Coaches and parents.

Every Coach seems to think he is Coaching the Yankees in the World Series. And all the parents seem to think little junior is a prodigy and can do no wrong.

You wouldn’t believe the intensity and anger that can be displayed in some of those games. The above story is easy to believe…still sad though.

. . .

Myh little brother has Down Syndrome. Several years ago when we were riding home on the bus from school, some punk kid stood up and spit right in my brother’s face. I squeezed his neck and threw him so hard something in this neck popped.

If someone were to do near that same thing to him today, I don’t think that person would ever walk again. God forbid they actually hurt him. Then I would be tried by 12.

That coach needs to be beaten with a baseball bat. If he did do it. And the kid needs one severe ass beating for doing what the coach asked.

Right on, Vash.

I couldn’t have said it better Vash…it amazes me that there are people out there like that in the world.

Yes, that coach needs to do a year in prison.

Oh boy, if he is found guilty he won’t be able to coach next year. No shit? They should use his dick as the tee for the mandated three innings per game.

[quote]Vash wrote:
. . .

Myh little brother has Down Syndrome. Several years ago when we were riding home on the bus from school, some punk kid stood up and spit right in my brother’s face. I squeezed his neck and threw him so hard something in this neck popped.

If someone were to do near that same thing to him today, I don’t think that person would ever walk again. God forbid they actually hurt him. Then I would be tried by 12.

That coach needs to be beaten with a baseball bat. If he did do it. And the kid needs one severe ass beating for doing what the coach asked.[/quote]

I agree. That guy needs a serious a&* whipping for that one.