Coach Knocks Down Player

Stupid.

I would feel bad if it was YMCA elementary school girls basketball. College mens basketball? Are you fucking kidding me?

I think he just saw an opportunity to sue and took it.

I loved one of the Yahoo comments…

“Clearly this was sexual assault…the coach touched her breasts and kicked her in the vagina”…classic.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I have been screaming this for a long time Professor X, we are a dying breed. The days of men being men are coming to an end. Guys like Dirty Harry, John Wayne, Charles Bronson, and Chuck Norris are being replaced with Justin Beiber.[/quote]

Yeah, Max, but every generation has had its “Beibers”.

Not replaced. Coexisting. [/quote]

I hear you ID, but this is getting to the point where I am having trouble differentiating who is male and who is female. Honestly, some of these punk kids with the skinny jeans could either be boys or girls (only separated by their genitalia.) Everything else is the same.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I have been screaming this for a long time Professor X, we are a dying breed. The days of men being men are coming to an end. Guys like Dirty Harry, John Wayne, Charles Bronson, and Chuck Norris are being replaced with Justin Beiber.[/quote]

i agree, does it seem like as generations go by there are more and more pussies? yeah, but thats because there are more and more people. I guarantee that there are more really fit/muscular/strong people now than there were 40 years ago, its just there are more little bitches as well keeping this ratio even. No humanity is not deteriorating, just as the extremes of powerlifting and bodybuilding are being pushed, so are the extremes of stagnation and obesity.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I hear you ID, but this is getting to the point where I am having trouble differentiating who is male and who is female. Honestly, some of these punk kids with the skinny jeans could either be boys or girls (only separated by their genitalia.) Everything else is the same. [/quote]

Kids like that just make men like us look that much better. Being in a “click” and being able to be categorized is no longer hip. It’s guys like us who are consummate people, that is, people who try to constantly make themselves better and achieve perfection, are the ones that stand out.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

I hear you ID, but this is getting to the point where I am having trouble differentiating who is male and who is female. Honestly, some of these punk kids with the skinny jeans could either be boys or girls (only separated by their genitalia.) Everything else is the same. [/quote]

We had Boy George…but now, it is in fashion for normal guys to look cross gendered down to having small legs like a woman.

It has gotten a bit worse and isn’t just a sign of people being disconnected from pop culture.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

i agree, does it seem like as generations go by there are more and more pussies? yeah, but thats because there are more and more people. I guarantee that there are more really fit/muscular/strong people now than there were 40 years ago, its just there are more little bitches as well keeping this ratio even. No humanity is not deteriorating, just as the extremes of powerlifting and bodybuilding are being pushed, so are the extremes of stagnation and obesity. [/quote]

Well said, Soundgarden. :wink:

Listen guys… we all come here and complain about the state of things. That’s normal. But isn’t being Alpha also being resilient, adaptive, optimistic, and relentless in the face of it all? This is the big reason I avoid the PWI forum. Tired of the whining and crying. So things aren’t as you like? Make changes where necessary. Continue in your pursuit of excellence and be the example for others to follow. I may not change the mind of that fat redneck down the street when he sees me in better shape than his 20 year old kid, but I sure may inspire his kid!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

“Clearly this was sexual assault…the coach touched her breasts and kicked her in the vagina”…classic.[/quote]

Hahaha…funny quote. I “get” it, but I do have to say that as a female athlete, I was MUCH tougher than this kid. My club volleyball (yes, a non-contact sport) coach my freshman yr in HS was every bit as tough as this coach demonstrated in the video, both physically and verbally. Matter of fact, she routinely called us pussies, which I gotta say was always weird for a team of 14-year-old suburban white girls to hear…lol

[quote]ChelaW wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

“Clearly this was sexual assault…the coach touched her breasts and kicked her in the vagina”…classic.[/quote]

Hahaha…funny quote. I “get” it, but I do have to say that as a female athlete, I was MUCH tougher than this kid. My club volleyball (yes, a non-contact sport) coach my freshman yr in HS was every bit as tough as this coach demonstrated in the video, both physically and verbally. Matter of fact, she routinely called us pussies, which I gotta say was always weird for a team of 14-year-old suburban white girls to hear…lol[/quote]

Wait… you’re white?

I think the coach was out of line. The kid was in the middle of a drill and the coach blindsided him. If he wants to get physical with his players he should have hoped in the drill. My past coaches used to do it all the time, I always enjoyed it and so did they.

Should the kid have gone to the media? hell no it was a bitch move. but I still think the coach crossed the line hitting a player while he was in the middle of a drill injurying him. Coaches expect players not to lay there hands on them, I think for the most part coaches shouldn’t be allowed to hit players either.

Coach wants to get physical hop in the drill.

Whole thing got blown out of proportion but if I was the player id definitely be pissed.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]ChelaW wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Hahaha…funny quote. I “get” it, but I do have to say that as a female athlete, I was MUCH tougher than this kid. My club volleyball (yes, a non-contact sport) coach my freshman yr in HS was every bit as tough as this coach demonstrated in the video, both physically and verbally. Matter of fact, she routinely called us pussies, which I gotta say was always weird for a team of 14-year-old suburban white girls to hear…lol[/quote]

Wait… you’re white?

[/quote]

LOL…technically no. I’m half-white, and since I was raised by my (white) mom & her family, I’m pretty much white. But the whole team, save for half of me, was white. I was just making a point that it was always weird for us with our backgrounds to be called “pussies” by a coach who our parents were paying handsomely.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This explains all of the whining any time someone points out how retarded some newb is training or eating.

Maybe the gym scene lately is a better picture of society than I thought…a bunch of weaklings all congregated to throw dirty looks at anyone who looks like they take it seriously and makes progress.

I bet humans in 200 years are going to be fucking hilarious. Little blobs taking scooters everywhere after having any signs of testosterone surgically removed from their bodies…you know, so people stay calm.

[/quote]

Ever see wall-e, watched with my daughters, ride around in chairs all day.

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:
I think the coach was out of line. The kid was in the middle of a drill and the coach blindsided him. If he wants to get physical with his players he should have hoped in the drill. My past coaches used to do it all the time, I always enjoyed it and so did they.

Should the kid have gone to the media? hell no it was a bitch move. but I still think the coach crossed the line hitting a player while he was in the middle of a drill injurying him. Coaches expect players not to lay there hands on them, I think for the most part coaches shouldn’t be allowed to hit players either.

Whole thing got blown out of proportion but if I was the player id definitely be pissed. [/quote]

Dude, this coach’s career could be screwed for life because of this…so no, I can’t jump on the “coach crossed the line” bandwagon because most of us should have sued everyone from our parents to our teachers for how we grew up.

I had a patient yesterday who was about 9 years old. His mother didn’t stop him from doing anything he wanted to do…from throwing the equipment in our waiting room to spitting on me while I tried to treat him…THREE TIMES. She never said one word to reprimand him.

That is the kind of person who grows up and sues for things like this.

Whole thing got blown out of proportion but if I was the player id definitely be pissed. [/quote]

QFT. The coach is nothing more than a thug. A good coach does not have to resort to blindsiding a player to get his team fired up. What if the kid got up and dropped the coach? Bet the coach would have kicked him off the team. I am no fan of the kid, but the coach is a pussy too. Note that he never took responsibility for this actions. If he thought he was right, why was he backing down? Why all the excuses? A real man would stand up and take the scrutiny - whether or not it is warranted.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

We had Boy George…but now, it is in fashion for normal guys to look cross gendered down to having small legs like a woman.

It has gotten a bit worse and isn’t just a sign of people being disconnected from pop culture.[/quote]

Definitely gotten worse, and definitely toward the lazy sedentary side. I absolutely couldn’t believe it when my daughter, who is in Kindergarten, said she gets to play Wii in PE. Video games for Physical Education!

No wonder a lot of schools don’t have pullup and situp tests any more. Apparently the only way to keep kids interested in being active is if you put a game controller in their hand.

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:

QFT. The coach is nothing more than a thug. A good coach does not have to resort to blindsiding a player to get his team fired up. What if the kid got up and dropped the coach? Bet the coach would have kicked him off the team. I am no fan of the kid, but the coach is a pussy too. Note that he never took responsibility for this actions. If he thought he was right, why was he backing down? Why all the excuses? A real man would stand up and take the scrutiny - whether or not it is warranted. [/quote]

Are you sure neither one of you are the pussy in the video? Blindsided or not, THAT is what happens in the game. Is the opposing player going to warn him? The guy didn’t have his feet set and got knocked down by a guy he easily had 50 or 60 pounds on. He obviously doesn’t have what it takes to compete at the level and needs to admit it, but pussies blame everyone else instead of themselves for their problems. And if he had the balls to get up and drop the coach I bet you a million bucks the coach would have rubbed his jaw, gotten up and shook the kid’s hand for growing a pair.

Dude, this coach’s career could be screwed for life because of this…so no, I can’t jump on the “coach crossed the line” bandwagon because most of us should have sued everyone from our parents to our teachers for how we grew up.

I had a patient yesterday who was about 9 years old. His mother didn’t stop him from doing anything he wanted to do…from throwing the equipment in our waiting room to spitting on me while I tried to treat him…THREE TIMES. She never said one word to reprimand him.

That is the kind of person who grows up and sues for things like this.[/quote]

Sadly, there is no longer an expectation of personal responsibilty. It is always someone else’s fault. Way to much time and effort is spent on promoting self esteem of kids instead of building character. I see it every day and it makes me cringe.

Cry me a river on the coach’s career being screwed. He too is responsible for his own actions. Act like an ass and suffer the consequences.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:

QFT. The coach is nothing more than a thug. A good coach does not have to resort to blindsiding a player to get his team fired up. What if the kid got up and dropped the coach? Bet the coach would have kicked him off the team. I am no fan of the kid, but the coach is a pussy too. Note that he never took responsibility for this actions. If he thought he was right, why was he backing down? Why all the excuses? A real man would stand up and take the scrutiny - whether or not it is warranted. [/quote]

Are you sure neither one of you are the pussy in the video? Blindsided or not, THAT is what happens in the game. Is the opposing player going to warn him? The guy didn’t have his feet set and got knocked down by a guy he easily had 50 or 60 pounds on. He obviously doesn’t have what it takes to compete at the level and needs to admit it, but pussies blame everyone else instead of themselves for their problems. And if he had the balls to get up and drop the coach I bet you a million bucks the coach would have rubbed his jaw, gotten up and shook the kids hand for growing a pair.
[/quote]

From what I could tell it seemed like a two man rebounding drill and the coach knocked the player over cause he wasn’t expecting to get forearm shivered by his coach. If someone is not expecting to get hit they can be knocked over by a much much smaller person. The coach looked solid to be honest. And for you saying if the kid retaliated everything would have been cool, stfu. Did you support spreewell when he choked out his coach? didn’t think so.

How do you know he doesn’t have what it takes? He was on the team. The team wanted him back it seemed.

The bottom line is coaches hitting players is just not tolerated anymore especially at the college level. It is just horrible PR. Same reason bobby knight couldnt find a job at the end of his career. Part of the reason Kansas football coach got fired a couple years back.

Coach hit player, player got hurt, coach losses job, pretty simple equation

If he is a good coach some school will take a chance on him and he will get another shot.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:
And if he had the balls to get up and drop the coach I bet you a million bucks the coach would have rubbed his jaw, gotten up and shook the kids hand for growing a pair.
[/quote]

Really? You got that from the interview? I got a cowardly bully that was afraid to call the situation like it was. Note that I did not support the kid’s actions. He did act like a little pussy.

Lick my balls little man.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote: I may not change the mind of that fat redneck down the street when he sees me in better shape than his 20 year old kid, but I sure may inspire his kid!
[/quote]

You have a redneck neighbor in New Jersey? Hell I thought they were just in the South! But back on topic…