CNS in the Morning?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Certainly many athletes train in the morning and progress; that does not mean that they would not make more progress if they lifted later in the day. They lift in the morning due to scheduling, not because it is the ideal time for heavy weight training.
[/quote]

Would you really say it makes a difference in the grand scheme of things? I’ve lifted very early in the morning and made progress, and I’ve lifted at 3 in the afternoon and also made progress. It was far more comfortable to lift later in the day, but to me it really doesn’t seem to matter compared to all the other more important things out there. [/quote]

How ‘Grand’ is the scheme? The things we do in our training compound over time. Like I mentioned in my first reply…it depends on how close you are to your genetic potential. If you only plan to comptete for four or five years; in your case during your ‘prime-time’ years(17-23), I believe you are correct to say there are more important considerations. If you plan to compete for a lifetime; you will eventually have to maintain tighter control over all your training variables to progress. What I COULD do at 28 is different than what I MUST to do at 48. Your raw numbers are impressive; based on your bodyweight and frame size I suspect you could have many good years ahead…I look forward to hearing about it!!
[/quote]

I really appreciate that. I’ve seen your threads and I can respect your accomplishments. I know I’m nothing special right now but I hope to be something one day!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
Once again I think that bodybuilding is getting confused with powerlifting or whatever.

To get bigger muscles you simply have to fatigue them to a degree, there is no worries about “optimal performance”.
[/quote]

If it was that easy then everybody here would be big. Why not try to do things as efficiently as possible? Why does CT have an approach that incorporates optimal nutrition (and nutrition timing) as well as optimum performance.

I get what your saying. You think that you don’t have to have a 100% effort or the absolute heaviest set to produce results. But, you might as well do it to your fullest potential if your going to do it. Working around schedules etc is a different topic.

All done.[/quote]

I think you are missing his point. Some here seem to act like every single fucking thing from what time they lift, to their fucking spinal column, to exactly what time they eat has to be 100% perfect or there is no reason to even try.

That is one fucked up way to approach something that is a LIFESTYLE because you can not be 100% perfect all or even most of the time.

It is an unrealistic expectation and the primary reason most of these guys never even get off the ground.[/quote]

How can you sit on one side of the fence and complain guys don’t lift hard enough, eat enough, or have the right attitude for bodybuilding and then say something like that? I got his point just fine and explained that.

It’s not unrealistic to try your hardest AND do it in a safe manner. I’ll take a quote from your book and say maybe they aren’t cut out for this shit if they can’t bring themselves to put the work in.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
CNS in the morning
CNS at night
CNS in the afternoon is alright…[/quote]
That picture makes me thirsty. Is that weird?[/quote]

cause it makes you feel like taking a big mouth full of Ice T?

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

Once again I think that bodybuilding is getting confused with powerlifting or whatever.

To get bigger muscles you simply have to fatigue them to a degree, there is no worries about “optimal performance”.
[/quote]

If it was that easy then everybody here would be big. Why not try to do things as efficiently as possible? Why does CT have an approach that incorporates optimal nutrition (and nutrition timing) as well as optimum performance.

I get what your saying. You think that you don’t have to have a 100% effort or the absolute heaviest set to produce results. But, you might as well do it to your fullest potential if your going to do it. Working around schedules etc is a different topic.

All done.[/quote]

I think you are missing his point. Some here seem to act like every single fucking thing from what time they lift, to their fucking spinal column, to exactly what time they eat has to be 100% perfect or there is no reason to even try.

That is one fucked up way to approach something that is a LIFESTYLE because you can not be 100% perfect all or even most of the time.

It is an unrealistic expectation and the primary reason most of these guys never even get off the ground.[/quote]

How can you sit on one side of the fence and complain guys don’t lift hard enough, eat enough, or have the right attitude for bodybuilding and then say something like that? I got his point just fine and explained that.

It’s not unrealistic to try your hardest AND do it in a safe manner. I’ll take a quote from your book and say maybe they aren’t cut out for this shit if they can’t bring themselves to put the work in.[/quote]

You are being ridiculous. If I am lifting weights and all I have to drink afterwards is some Gatorade, the idiot is the guy who thinks his progress will be hindered because he isn’t specifically drinking Anaconda.

The majority of the gains I made in school were done with ZERO protein shakes because I couldn’t afford them. I still got bigger than most here before I first logged in.

Not being “100% perfect” does not mean you are half assing your way through a workout. It means you understand that life isn’t fucking perfect 100% of the time and the real results rely on your HARD WORK and not whether you specifically lifted at 8am vs 8pm.

I think the real problem is that you needed that much of an explanation.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[/quote]

All done.[/quote]

It’s not unrealistic to try your hardest AND do it in a safe manner. I’ll take a quote from your book and say maybe they aren’t cut out for this shit if they can’t bring themselves to put the work in.[/quote]

Dude what they mean to say is: you don’t have to get exactly 50.76899.99.34g of protein and 44.92838.29g of carbs 30.2 minutes before your workout.

Some days you are going to feel tired because of not enough sleep or because you worked for 15 hours without a break and couldn’t eat as much as you wanted to. On days like these you might not feel that strong and your motivation to go to the gym might lack a little BUT you get in there and try your hardest/best. I think that’s the point they are trying to make and I agree.

Edit: I wanted to be cool but I was too late :(.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
CNS in the morning
CNS at night
CNS in the afternoon is alright…[/quote]
That picture makes me thirsty. Is that weird?[/quote]

cause it makes you feel like taking a big mouth full of Ice T?
[/quote]
The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pumpzzz. Let’s say you train your bicepzzz, blood is rushing in to your muscles and that’s what we call the pumpzzz. Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to explode any minute and its really tight and its like someone is blowing air into your muscle and it just blows up and it feels different, it feels fantastic. It’s as satisfying to me as cummingz is, you know, as in having sex with a woman and cummingz. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cummingz in the gym; I’m getting the feeling of cummingz at home; I’m getting the feeling of cummingz backstage; when I pump up, when I pose out in front of my self I get the same feeling, so I am cummingz day and night. It’s terrific, right? So you know, I am in heaven.

Why are my words being twisted around? Oh yea that happens to everyone on every thread everyday here. Anyways, all I was saying is that if your gonna do something why not do it to the best of your ability? Tell me why one shouldn’t?

X, I’m sure you have methodologies you apply to working out, at work, etc. Why not just half ass it?

I never said anyone should follow and pay for the anaconda protocol. Fuck that. Some whey isolate and grape juice works good enough for me. That doesn’t mean I don’t bust my ass when I walk into the gym though.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[/quote]

All done.[/quote]

Dude what they mean to say is: you don’t have to get exactly 50.76899.99.34g of protein and 44.92838.29g of carbs 30.2 minutes before your workout.

Some days you are going to feel tired because of not enough sleep or because you worked for 15 hours without a break and couldn’t eat as much as you wanted to. On days like these you might not feel that strong and your motivation to go to the gym might lack a little BUT you get in there and try your hardest/best. I think that’s the point they are trying to make and I agree.

Edit: I wanted to be cool but I was too late :(.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? And you’re right, you’re not cool.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
Why are my words being twisted around? Oh yea that happens to everyone on every thread everyday here. Anyways, all I was saying is that if your gonna do something why not do it to the best of your ability? Tell me why one shouldn’t?

X, I’m sure you have methodologies you apply to working out, at work, etc. Why not just half ass it?

I never said anyone should follow and pay for the anaconda protocol. Fuck that. Some whey isolate and grape juice works good enough for me. That doesn’t mean I don’t bust my ass when I walk into the gym though.[/quote]
lol, you are missing the point the other guy was trying to make. Believe it or not some people think that because they didn’t get 8 hours of sleep they might as well not workout or because there isn’t any “clean” foods around then they might as well not eat anything because it’s not “optimal”.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

I never said anyone should follow and pay for the anaconda protocol. Fuck that. Some whey isolate and grape juice works good enough for me. That doesn’t mean I don’t bust my ass when I walk into the gym though.[/quote]
lol, you are missing the point the other guy was trying to make. Believe it or not some people think that because they didn’t get 8 hours of sleep they might as well not workout or because there isn’t any “clean” foods around then they might as well not eat anything because it’s not “optimal”.[/quote]

I certainly hope not. That sounds borderline phobic or maybe they have a disorder. I just don’t see why guys search high and low for the perfect routine and then don’t put the effort in under the bar.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

lol, you are missing the point the other guy was trying to make. Believe it or not some people think that because they didn’t get 8 hours of sleep they might as well not workout or because there isn’t any “clean” foods around then they might as well not eat anything because it’s not “optimal”.[/quote]

Really, who thinks like this? Has a single person written this anywhere on this board? I’d love to read that post.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

I certainly hope not. That sounds borderline phobic or maybe they have a disorder. I just don’t see why guys search high and low for the perfect routine and then don’t put the effort in under the bar. [/quote]

Well there is. I know because I was like that and paid for it. It’s sad to think I wont be the last one either.

Oh and fuck you, I’m cool…now.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

Really, who thinks like this? Has a single person written this anywhere on this board? I’d love to read that post.[/quote]

mmm it’s an extreme example. How do you think people develop eating disorders? or how some people read all the information in the world about bodybuilding yet they are making minimal progress. I only speak about this because I know from first hand experience…I fucked up for a long time, as you can see I joined in 2008 and I’m not particularly HUGE. I’ve fixed my ways a while ago though.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

Really, who thinks like this? Has a single person written this anywhere on this board? I’d love to read that post.[/quote]

Wait, you mean the fact that we have actually had people log in who claimed to have been ONLY READING ARTICLES for two years without lifting because they wanted to make sure they did the “perfect routine” first isn’t enough?

Yes, that really happened here.

If that is going on, you don’t think some kid is somewhere thinking that their work is for nothing unless they eat specifically this, use exactly that much weight for a ramp up or several other issues?

What do you think most of these threads are about?

Why do you think they have such a hard time even learning something as simple as “ramping up”?

It is because they aren’t putting the work in but are trying to “read their way” to some dream body because they are afraid of not doing it “100% perfect”.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:

mmm it’s an extreme example. How do you think people develop eating disorders? or how some people read all the information in the world about bodybuilding yet they are making minimal progress. I only speak about this because I know from first hand experience…I fucked up for a long time, as you can see I joined in 2008 and I’m not particularly HUGE. I’ve fixed my ways a while ago though.[/quote]

I wouldn’t say that’s extreme at all. You’ve just described the underlying motivation behind the majority of overly elaborate noob questions. I can well believe that there are people out there who wouldn’t train unless a checklist of what they perceive to be optimal conditions are met.

As for actually coming out and saying they believe it, well they never do. The science and supps are meant to compensate for that.

Information overload. Too many people want to plug into the Matrix and know kung-fu without getting a bruise or two.

Wait, you mean the fact that we have actually had people log in who claimed to have been ONLY READING ARTICLES for two years without lifting because they wanted to make sure they did the “perfect routine” first isn’t enough?

[/quote]

I haven’t seen this in the 2 years I’ve been here. That’s why I was asking him who said such a thing. If it really happened, then that guy is an idiot.

I doesn’t seem like anyone who posted in this thread is thinking that. It sounded to me like they were just trying to figure out the benefits (if any) to working out in different times of the day. The thread was pretty much done after synergy’s post.

[quote]
Why do you think they have such a hard time even learning something as simple as “ramping up”?

It is because they aren’t putting the work in but are trying to “read their way” to some dream body because they are afraid of not doing it “100% perfect”.[/quote]

I’ll admit that beginners tend to complicate things and the articles are responsible for alot of it. But even when I was starting out and listening to the articles, I’d ask the same dumb questions. Not because I wasn’t working hard, because I wanted to make the most amount of progress possible.

Here’s a perfect example:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/macronutrient_percentage_when_bulking

Me obsessing over stupid shit. I can tell you during that time period I worked my ass and wasn’t looking for a magic bullet. Just wanted to be the best I could be. Mind you, I had the sense to post in the beginners forum but I got some shitty advice there too at times.

I guess since I was there just a couple years ago, I can relate to some of these posts and don’t feel they’re all coming from lazy kids looking for short cuts who are afraid to work hard.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
…Anyways, all I was saying is that if your gonna do something why not do it to the best of your ability? Tell me why one shouldn’t?

When I post I pretend I’m righting to myself when I first started out. Back then I was distracted by this, that and the next thing (especially articles). I was that screwed up from articles that I used to think that you could separate strength gains from size gains (as an example).

It’s not a case of not putting in the effort or 100% efficiency, it’s about long term gains which come from consistency and learning from your mistakes. Doing something that you can keep up with is far more important than doing something perfectly optimal. Sure, if you can train a certain way then do it…but the fact that someone felt the need to ask a question such as this thread’s says allot about the character; that he’s probably worrying about needless things.

People need to free themselves of this mental burden and actually just get enjoyment from the progress they get from the fundamentals. If they have questions then experiment/trial and error (learn to use your own problem solving skills…if they exist lol). If they’re still stuck, then ask a question.

It’s a huge weight lifted off one’s shoulders when you just lift, eat etc and not worry about timing their sets to 1.75 mins, or getting the “perfect” macronutrient ratio PERI workout. Getting into this mind frame will prepare you better for when you actually have a life and responsibilities.

IF you have your goals CLEAR in front of you, with the least distractions, you will FAR more likely reach them. You are FAR more likely to give it 100%. It may seem like you’re “half assing” it, but you’re not, you simply KNOW where you want to be and thus can do it better…

That could be a famous quote ^ lol

IF you don’t manage to do something “textbook” style, you are probably going to feel guilty. If you feel guilty, are you going to have much faith in your program? If you don’t have much faith in your program, are you going to give it your best?

BTW, CT talks about that stuff because it’s his job. It’s his passion to go into the gritty detail like he does. I’m not disrespecting him or saying that he’s completely wrong.

One thing to bear in mind is changeability. You may think that such and such is the cutting edge in nutrition or whatever…and in 5 years time it’s proved not to be (e.g. carbs around workouts).

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[/quote]

I haven’t seen this in the 2 years I’ve been here. That’s why I was asking him who said such a thing. If it really happened, then that guy is an idiot.

I doesn’t seem like anyone who posted in this thread is thinking that. It sounded to me like they were just trying to figure out the benefits (if any) to working out in different times of the day. The thread was pretty much done after synergy’s post.

[quote]

It is because they aren’t putting the work in but are trying to “read their way” to some dream body because they are afraid of not doing it “100% perfect”.[/quote]

I’ll admit that beginners tend to complicate things and the articles are responsible for alot of it. But even when I was starting out and listening to the articles, I’d ask the same dumb questions. Not because I wasn’t working hard, because I wanted to make the most amount of progress possible.

Here’s a perfect example:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/macronutrient_percentage_when_bulking

Me obsessing over stupid shit. I can tell you during that time period I worked my ass and wasn’t looking for a magic bullet. Just wanted to be the best I could be. Mind you, I had the sense to post in the beginners forum but I got some shitty advice there too at times.

I guess since I was there just a couple years ago, I can relate to some of these posts and don’t feel they’re all coming from lazy kids looking for short cuts who are afraid to work hard. [/quote]
This is not really a physical problem, it’s more mental than anything. No one is saying the noobs are lazy, they just over think everything and some of them think that if they can’t do it the way some author on the internet says to do it then they might as well not do anything at all.

This is what I have experienced “listening to my body”. One word:

BLENDER

Yeah, I allways eat good breakfast with coffee etc., but when training in the morning I used to feel weak, or not strong as I would like to -the killing edge was missing in the gym even though I first felt good after breakfast.

The key was to eat more!

Not straight on breakfast and not the solid stuff, but to use the blender to make a heavy drink and listen to your stomach. Suddenly it clicked. I’ve felt great ever since.

• Wake up
  • Breakfast
  • WC
  • Do my morning stuff, whatever it is
  • The Drink
  • Get out

Works for me.

Hm I’m a morning person, it fits into my schedule as well to lift in the morning (6am). But it’s from the adaptation to university. Before that, I always lifted at the afternoon (usually from 5 pm) sometimes in the night (from 9pm). When I decided in my head that ‘Im gonna lift’ I always found that little spark.

I’m more active during the morning though. It includes lifting, studying, everything. I’m focused and ‘cns-woke up’ from 6am to about 3-4 pm, and after that, I tend to be a bit tired and totally useless for anything from 8pm. That’s it. It only applies since I’m at uni.

First, it sucked to train so early, now it feels natural and I perform better than I’d do in the afternoon. Your body will adapt to the needs.