CNN Poll: Bush to Blame for 9/11

I find it fascinating that anyone would blame Bush for 9/11. The man was in office for a few months, his appointments were being held up by Democratic challenges. Fascinating!

Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11
POSTED: 8:26 a.m. EDT, September 11, 2006
WASHINGTON (CNN) – The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Asked whether they blame the Bush administration for the attacks, 45 percent said either a “great deal” or a “moderate amount,” up from 32 percent in a June 2002 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

But the Clinton administration did not get off lightly either. The latest poll, conducted by Opinion Research Corporation for CNN, found that 41 percent of respondents blamed his administration a “great deal” or a “moderate amount” for the attacks.

That’s only slightly less than the 45 percent who blamed his administration in a poll carried out less than a week after the attacks.

Still, most Americans appear to be fatalistic, with more than half – 57 percent – saying they think that terrorists will “always find a way to launch attacks no matter what the U.S. government does.”

The poll was carried out August 30 through September 2 by Opinion Research Corp. with 1,004 American adults questioned by telephone. The sampling error for the questions was 3 percentage points.

What do you expect? You have the ‘media’ selling the idea that Bush is blame for everything from terrorism to the weather.

You have the Michael Moore’s of the world making movies about how Bush is blame/was involved, or whatever the muddles point of his idiot screed was.

You have demorcrats crying fix when they lose elections and blaming Bush for all of the above and a few other things.

You have Hollywood making it’s case against Bush in movie after movie after movie. Actors giving their opinions on Bush’s culpabilty in interview after interview.

Even sit-coms on TV make their case. Now we have Katie Couric delivering the “news”: “Story number one tonight (like last night)! Bush lied. Kid’s died. No blood for oil! Was the war in Iraq Bush Jr.'s un-holy war to avenge his father? Phil Donahue is live in Mosul!”

These are the places Americans go to get their opinions. So what’s the shock?

HH,

That’s the numbers one would expect if you only sample berkley, california.

Polls=Cool.

JeffR

Polls suck when they don’t make you feel good about your beliefs.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Polls suck when they don’t make you feel good about your beliefs.[/quote]

Poll almost always suck. If you govern or pin your hopes (see lumpy) on them, you are a peewit.

JeffR

Seriously, why do the people blame the President for everything that is wrong with the US?

Terrorists would’ve attacked no matter who is the President. Is Blair to blame for the attacks in the UK?

This is just proof how uneducated people in our country actually are.

[quote]chewie wrote:
Seriously, why do the people blame the President for everything that is wrong with the US?

Terrorists would’ve attacked no matter who is the President. Is Blair to blame for the attacks in the UK?

[/quote]

If the poll said that Clinton was to blame then HH, Jerfy, and crew would say the poll is correct.

Chritiane Amanpour in her piece on bin laden ,showed some FBI documents ,that warned they were going to make a move about 2 months before 911.Even though i dont care for w ,our govt, dropped the ball and probably would have no matter who was in charge.They screw around to much with important matters and worry about petty shit.Just goes to show you cant count on govt or the law you have to think for yourself and be ready to protect you and your family at all times.personally i would have gotten out of those buildings and another job after the first incident.Don’t be Sheeple,THINK for Yourself.

Ug.

WHo in gods name has the power to stop someone from hijacking a plane?

If you get the knife on the plane, you win. The End.

It’s not ANYONES fault in particular.

Read the 9/11 NY Times editorial. They had in perfect.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
What do you expect? You have the ‘media’ selling the idea that Bush is blame for everything from terrorism to the weather.

You have the Michael Moore’s of the world making movies about how Bush is blame/was involved, or whatever the muddles point of his idiot screed was.

You have demorcrats crying fix when they lose elections and blaming Bush for all of the above and a few other things.

You have Hollywood making it’s case against Bush in movie after movie after movie. Actors giving their opinions on Bush’s culpabilty in interview after interview.

Even sit-coms on TV make their case. Now we have Katie Couric delivering the “news”: “Story number one tonight (like last night)! Bush lied. Kid’s died. No blood for oil! Was the war in Iraq Bush Jr.'s un-holy war to avenge his father? Phil Donahue is live in Mosul!”

These are the places Americans go to get their opinions. So what’s the shock? [/quote]

The more I read of your posts - the better I like you.

And your almost as big of an ass as I am.

[/quote]

i’ll take that as a big compliment. although. i type too quickly when i get all worked up over this political stuff. too many errors.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
chewie wrote:

If the poll said that Clinton was to blame then HH, Jerfy, and crew would say the poll is correct.[/quote]

marm, please reference a post of mine where I used a poll to try to support or refute any argument.

I’d be surprised if you found even an oblique reference.

I know, it’s easier just to paint everyone who thinks you are full of it with a label. In your world, facts are expendable.

JeffR

i’ll take that as a big compliment. although. i type too quickly when i get all worked up over this political stuff. too many errors.[/quote]

Hack, a word of advice: Don’t get so worked up.

The bobbleheads that are making you crazy are pathologically unable to see an alternative viewpoint.

You and I will not change any aspect of their thinking. They need to be voted down at every election. They are the ones that truly do blame Bush for 911.

Now, there are many posters who are reading your work and thinking about them. Some rarely post. But, when they do, you will see some great discussion. You may receive a compliment or two. To me, it makes it worth it.

Keep it up.

JeffR

Blaming the media anymore is pathetic.

If a political party leaves it up to the media they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

i.e. Blaming the referee is for losers.

[quote]chewie wrote:

[/quote]
Well some of us expect our leaders to spring into action, to call someone, to do something, but Bush did nothing. (Well he did demote terrorism as a priority—but to me that sounds bad.)

These are the places Americans go to get their opinions. So what’s the shock? [/quote]

And then you have the fact that Bush literally did nothing when repeatedly warned of an impending attack from july to september. Other than cut brush, I mean.

Hack says 2+2=apples!

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
chewie wrote:

If the poll said that Clinton was to blame then HH, Jerfy, and crew would say the poll is correct.

marm, please reference a post of mine where I used a poll to try to support or refute any argument.

I know, it’s easier just to paint everyone who thinks you are full of it with a label. In your world, facts are expendable.

JeffR
[/quote]

You never start a thread by citing a poll and most posters on this forum do not start threads by citing pols but you sure would weigh in as a cheer leader.

Are you saying you never responded to a thread where a poll was cited as evidence?

Nice try jerky.

You lose as usual.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:

These are the places Americans go to get their opinions. So what’s the shock?

And then you have the fact that Bush literally did nothing when repeatedly warned of an impending attack from july to september. Other than cut brush, I mean.

Hack says 2+2=apples!
[/quote]

okay. what should have been done? ban all arabs from air travel in the U.S.? uh. can’t do that! deport all arabs because the threat was not specific? right. should we ask the ACLU first? with people like you, any action you take before the fact is too strong and unconsitutional. anything after the fact is too little too late.

[quote]100meters wrote:
chewie wrote:

Well some of us expect our leaders to spring into action, to call someone, to do something, but Bush did nothing. (Well he did demote terrorism as a priority—but to me that sounds bad.)

[/quote]

Yes, there is more than one leader. The USA has a checks and balances system.

Again, why is one man blamed for all that is wrong with the US? Bush wasn’t in office for very long when this happened. Do you think he would have had support when going after terrorists for preventative measures? It would have had less social support than the Iraqi war.

Remember that there is a Congress, our government is not run by one man.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
chewie wrote:

JeffR

You never start a thread by citing a poll and most posters on this forum do not start threads by citing pols but you sure would weigh in as a cheer leader.

Are you saying you never responded to a thread where a poll was cited as evidence?

Nice try jerky.

You lose as usual.[/quote]

Good old marm.

So if I respond to a thread I’m somehow endorsing poll information?

Got it.

Oh, I noticed that your original assertion was that I would respond favorably to a poll that traduces hillary “our golden chance” clinton.

I asked for ANY evidence that I EVER based any thought or action on a poll.

You couldn’t find it.

Point, match, game.

JeffR