T Nation

Cluster Training DVD

Anyone brought CT’s Cluster Training DVD. If so any review / feedback on the program.

Also could you provide a synopsis of what was covered in the DVD materials.

BTW CT if you could PM’ed i’m interested in taking up consulation with you.

Thks in advance.

It has intermediate to advanced methods of inducing hypertrophy/strength.

CT gives a good lesson on workouts he uses to get through plateaus.

He starts with the least demanding method and works up to more advanced stuff.

Like all his stuff it’s solid, usable information if you are stuck and are intermediate or advanced athlete/bodybuilder.

The methods tax the nervous system and the training is based on ‘clusters’.

Think of a cluster as a way to add volume to high load workouts. Primarily, this is done with short rests. So you would use 85% or higher, and do triples with short rests, or singles with 10 sec rests.

I’d recommend it for intermediates and up. Of course new trainees can do more standard stuff and get results

I’m a beginner so does it contains any program for beginners like me.

If not would CT’s other 2 books have beginner programs?

Also i’m keen on doing more of CT’s “money exercise” in my routine in order to improve on my explosiveness & speed.

However have any of you guys done any of these “money exercises” in a commercial gyms. Becos i’m a beginner thus i’m unable to handle huge poundages & is only able to train with O-bar… however i’m afraid of progressing with higher weights cos i’m afraid of dropping the bar…Have anyone of you dropped the bar before in a commercial gym.

Would love to hear CT’s comment…

I would get his first book, black book of secrets, or just read some of his workouts here.
His second book and dvd are more advanced. Also, check out the beginner thread vroom started here
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=550116

Cluster front squats with a double every 10 seconds, 5 clusters a set/5 sets is some of the most brutal and great shit ever.

You could get the dvd if you just wanna get a jumpstart on learning new training methods. But don’t use the methods outlined in the video 'til you hit @ LEAST the intermediate level.

Later,

Danny

[quote]Axe wrote:
However have any of you guys done any of these “money exercises” in a commercial gyms. Becos i’m a beginner thus i’m unable to handle huge poundages & is only able to train with O-bar… however i’m afraid of progressing with higher weights cos i’m afraid of dropping the bar…Have anyone of you dropped the bar before in a commercial gym.

Would love to hear CT’s comment…[/quote]

Don’t be afraid to try. If you drop it people will look at you funny and maybe talk under their breath but, they are probably doing that anyway since you are doing real movements that may actually benefit you.

Patrick

where can I purchase this DVD?

Does anybody have the link… PM me.

Thanks

Chivas989

http://www.customflix.com/206661