T Nation

Cluster Training Cycling

I’ve seen many different POV on when to cycle your cluster training techniques. Some recommend going 3 weeks on/ 1 week off and others lean toward 3 weeks on/3 weeks off.

For an advanced bodybuilder with over 10 years of experience, would 3 weeks on/ 1 week off be acceptable, granted I deload every 4th week and keep a close eye on fatigue and how my CNS is holding up? I’m making excellent gains off of your cluster training tactics and I do not want to take a full 3 weeks off if I can help it.

[quote]Drivennn wrote:
I’ve seen many different POV on when to cycle your cluster training techniques. Some recommend going 3 weeks on/ 1 week off and others lean toward 3 weeks on/3 weeks off.

For an advanced bodybuilder with over 10 years of experience, would 3 weeks on/ 1 week off be acceptable, granted I deload every 4th week and keep a close eye on fatigue and how my CNS is holding up? I’m making excellent gains off of your cluster training tactics and I do not want to take a full 3 weeks off if I can help it. [/quote]

What I do is wave the volume of cluster work up and down.

For example:

Week 1: 3 sets
Week 2: 4 sets
Week 3: 5 sets
Week 4: 2 sets

Of if you do a 6 weeks cycle:

Week 1: 3 sets
Week 2: 3 sets
Week 3: 4 sets
Week 4: 2 sets
Week 5: 5 sets
Week 6: 1 set

I’m assuming then I don’t have to take “off” from cluster training tactics, but instead dwindle the amount of sets to a very low level like you said above to give my CNS time to recover. Sounds good, thanks CT!