Clueless Lifter

I have no idea what program I’m doing next. I’m finishing cycle 2 of BBB. I was thinking I go at most 5 cycles into BBB. What would be a good program to transition to after this one?

1 Like

Bench

115 lbs - 1x5
130 lbs - 1x5
145 lbs - 1x5
115 lbs - 5x10

Medicine ball leg raises - 1x50
Bench leg curls - 55 lbs - 2x15
Chin-ups: 4x10,7,3

Slept around 5 hours, which is decent for me. Bench day is the least intensive but I’ll see how my TM test goes next week on it. I try to make it more challenging my decreasing rest time (compared to all my other lifts) between sets.

Been ignoring chin-ups so I threw some in.

Which books do you have again?

5/3/1 2nd edition

Maybe questionable with the sleep, but otherwise prob time to do a Challenge like beach body.

If want to refresh do something totally different for a month or two like Dan John 40day/Easy Strength or like a Waterbury template

I’d recommend buying 5/3/1 Forever if you can. It’s more expensive but it’s worth every cent you pay. There’s a lot more programs in it and it does a lot more to lay out complete programs for you - lifting, assistance, explosive work, cardio, all of it. And it helps with continuity between programs.

Either way, I would recommend doing a program with PR sets and lower supplemental volume for a little while after the BBB challenge.

I want to keep doing BBB for the meantime. But I’ll consider those after I’m done BBB.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured I’d probably need to look into 5/3/1 Forever at some point.

1 Like

Deload

Squat: 3x215 lbs, 5x205
Dips: +10 lbs - 18,15,12,10
Barbell rows: 85 lbs - 5x10

I did 205 lbs x5 after the 215 lbs attempt. I definitely don’t think I should increase my squat TM but wondering if I should keep it where it is vs lowering it. Last time I did squat deload I only did 205x3 so not surprised by this TM test.

1 Like

How well did the 205 x 5 set move?

Eh…I did it after the 215 though. I would basically take what you saw in the last video doing 205x5 as my max for squatting. Maybe I should just keep the TM where it’s at and getting better with it.

I wouldn’t say that your last video justifies a 205 TM just because of how out of control you were on the negative. Were you able to slow it down today or did you have to divebomb it to complete the reps?

Yeah, it was basically like before.

Then I wouldn’t use that weight as your TM if you’re going to try and correct it, and you should try and correct it. Maybe 190? Or test again with controlled descent.

@Digity wondering how your overall experience with the program has been so far? Any good size gains to report?

Deload

Press: 3x127.5 lbs
Medicine ball leg raises - 1x50
Bench leg curls - 55 lbs - 2x15

Last Press TM test I got 3x according to previous logs. I assume that was at 122.5 lbs. So it is still progress but not hitting 5 reps. I wasn’t really expecting to hit 5x on this based on my 5x120 lbs video I posted (took it down though).

1 Like

I think in general I’ve put on a decent amount of size. When I started doing 5/3/1 I was at 135 lbs. Now I’m fluctuating between 151-152 lbs. I do feel like BBB is more hypertrophy based. But I’m around 18% body fat which makes you look more soft/flat. I’ll probably go on a bit of a cut once I’m done BBB. I mostly care about getting stronger in lifts though. As long as my body fat doesn’t get too high I’m fine.

5 Likes

If this is the case, I definitely wouldn’t use 205 as your squat TM. You don’t want to stretch your TM and try to cut weight at the same time. Also, you didn’t look like you were carrying much, if any, extra fat in your last video you posted.

I mean I’d go on a cut in a few months. I still plan to do BBB for 2-3 more cycles, so I wouldn’t be cutting now.

Deload
Deadlift: 5x300 lbs
Dips - +10 lbs: 20,15,12/3 (90 sec rest)
Face pulls bands - 60 lbs - 5x20

I think I could have did more than 5 reps but quit there since I was just testing TM. I was feeling strong today. I had a huge dinner on Friday of spicy salmon rolls. Can’t help but think that’s why I had more energy.

3 Likes