Club Savvy

If you feel the only way to meet women is in a bar, maybe you need to work on your game a little?

“just good, clean places that middle class and blue collars go to drink, with lots of 18-25 college kids there. Appropriate dress will be a starched button up, or clean polo, creased jeans and clean leather footwear of the lace, loafer, or boot variety, (mostly western style dancehalls/nightclubs)”

This sentence makes me hate you. Please be more pompous.

You want to go to a bar underage for 150 dollars?! Buy a fake ID from a buddy for 40 bucks.

Bouncers are EASILY paid off. Everyone wants money. Most bouncer’s will take 20-50 tops for a single person to get in.
He will not call the cops. He won’t make a scene. He’ll look you in the eye for a quarter of a second and then dismiss you from his mind. You don’t matter to him.

This whole conversation is usless though. When you go to the door you are going to be so absurdly nervous and awkward the bouncer won’t even be able to put up with you. You won’t get in and won’t be able to drink unless you calm the fuck down.

What is your nationality?

[quote]KEO wrote:
Some quick questions on dancing clubs and bars. FTR, 19 y.o., below avg. height, young looking in the face. I have a lot of friends that have gone to dancehalls (clubs), and straight up bars underage and drank. Most of them used ID’s from friends to get the right wrist-band, or to keep the doorman from marking up their hands/fingers, or wore long sleeves to cover up their wrist bands so the barmen couldn’t see the color, most friends said the barman never asked to verify the correct wristband color.

Lots of clubs where I’m from are dancehalls that allow 18+ and put a braclet on you or mark you up if you are under drinking age.

So my question is:

Beyond the basics, what were/are your methods for getting past the doorman with the correct band on your wrist to drink?

Beyond the basic stuff that I already know and will have no trouble practicing, such as: dressing sharp and clean for the occasion, just wait in line and don’t try to “ball hard”, where I’m from, your not going to have to wait outside more than 5 min anyway, and being polite/making eye contact to the bouncer, act like you are the kind of person that can drink responsibly without acting like a dumbass, which I most definatly am.

I’m thinking my best approaches are to:

A. Hand him my legit ID, which shows I’m 19, with a crisp $50 bill over the front folded to show the denomination, hope it gets me the right wrist band.

B. If that doesn’t work, calmly and firmly pull out more cash, probably a Jackson, after that, I’m walking away, fuck it, I can drink at the motel. I guess if I was with a girl I would shell out a little more, but 100-120 tops, no matter where I go, I won’t be showing up at any clubs that host the Oakland Raiders.

C. If I scope it out and he doesn’t look like a deal-striker, just get in underage, wash my hands off and drink, or swap my no alcohol band for some neon tape that is the same color as a drinker’s band.

These are the routes I plan to take, given my situation, I’m open to suggestions. Most of the places I will be going are ‘not so high end’, just good, clean places that middle class and blue collars go to drink, with lots of 18-25 college kids there. Appropriate dress will be a starched button up, or clean polo, creased jeans and clean leather footwear of the lace, loafer, or boot variety, (mostly western style dancehalls/nightclubs)

For anyone who has ever worked at a bar or club, how acceptable are doormen of bribes? Is the amount I’m willing to pay acceptable? Or is my figure coming in too low? I know from reading here, a lot of bribe numbers to get past line at high end clubs will be closer closer to 150-200 dollars and over, but my situation is different, it’s a smaller club, I don’t mind waiting in line, all I want is the right wrist-band, 50 is what it’s worth to me, not much more if I’m just with the boys, and don’t have a lady on my arm.

What kind of reaction can I expect from a bouncer that won’t take my bribe? Is he going to make a fucking scene and embarass me? Raise hell and tell the manager to come see this kid that wants to drink? Call the cops to get me in trouble. Or is he just going to say softly “Sorry man, I can’t accept it, just let me mark up your hands, and I’ll let you in as a minor.”

Will anyone ever check ID’s once I’m actually in the club? Am I going to have to show my ID to the bartender after I show it to the doorguy?

I’m not a troublemaker, once I’m in I’m pretty certain the only thing that could give me hell is if someone carded me after I was in the club.

Am I missing anything? I have never been to a hall/bar, but want to go soon for no better reason than to say that I have went/ and to hang out, meet girls. Close to home there is a club that is frequented by a lot of college girls, young girls, And I need a place to chase tail.
[/quote]

Bribes are to get in when you’re not invited (not on “guest list”) or move you to the front of a line. I would not let you in underage b/c it threatens the bar owner’s license and it’s going to come back to whoever was working the door. A doorman at a good club in the City can makes LOTS of “tip” money for letting people in…they don’t need to risk that easy $$$ by dealing with underage drinkers.

Get fucked up before you come, but not too fucked up, or they won’t let you in. You might be able to sneak a flask in, but a good search will turn that up and wherever I worked (in the City) they search you.

Come to Canada - 19 here, 18 in Quebec

I found that breasts helped me get served when I was underage.

Lol to Mori: I was definatley not typing out what I should have when I was talking about high-end places. The places I will be going are nice, clean places to go that very few people would feen uncomfortable in. No trashed out people, 70% of the males will be wearing clothes very appropriate to church. Middle class, blue collar, white collar, I really don’t even know what class I am much less anyone else. Pompous sounding, YES, ignorant, yes. But I was trying to give people a feel for what kind of places I would be going to. And Im american.

From the advice at this point I’m thinking I’m just going to get in the legit way, and pull the neon tape scheme. not to risky, and if anyone asks, how are they gonna tell if someone bought it for me, or I got it myself. All I have to do is ditch the tape. If they mark my hands up, just use a clorox whipe, simple as that.

How is using a fake wrist band “the legit way?”

Also, these bars you are describing sound lame as fuck.
Church clothes?
No wasted people?
What the fuck is the point?

Getting in the legit way= Get in as a minor, and once I’m in, use the wrist band against the system, so I can buy BOOZE.

Most places are dancehalls/bars, not clubs in the sence that most people think. Most have a lounge to get into somewhere, where the music isn’t so loud, or have a lounge open for most of the day and then open the dancing at night. It’s not a place that blasts the latest “ludacris, bitches, shake your ass on the floor, drop it low bitch suck my gangster cock, cocaine shittin’ on niggers” music, and yes, very drunk people will be there.

And the point of going is, BECAUSE THIS IS MY TERRIBLE EXUSE FOR A SOCIAL LIFE GODDAMMIT! SO WHAT I’M GOING TO DO IS GO THERE… PICK UP GIRLS WITH FACES THAT LOOK LIKE THEY APPLIED ALL THEIR MAKEUP WITH A SCATTER-GUN, AND TAKE THEM SOMEWHERE SEMI PRIVATE AND HAVE SEX WITH THEM THAT IS SO DISGUSTING, IT WOULD OFFEND HALF THE POPUALTION OF JAPAN!!

[quote]KEO wrote:
Getting in the legit way= Get in as a minor, and once I’m in, use the wrist band against the system, so I can buy BOOZE.

Most places are dancehalls/bars, not clubs in the sence that most people think. Most have a lounge to get into somewhere, where the music isn’t so loud, or have a lounge open for most of the day and then open the dancing at night. It’s not a place that blasts the latest “ludacris, bitches, shake your ass on the floor, drop it low bitch suck my gangster cock, cocaine shittin’ on niggers” music, and yes, very drunk people will be there.

And the point of going is, BECAUSE THIS IS MY TERRIBLE EXUSE FOR A SOCIAL LIFE GODDAMMIT! SO WHAT I’M GOING TO DO IS GO THERE… PICK UP GIRLS WITH FACES THAT LOOK LIKE THEY APPLIED ALL THEIR MAKEUP WITH A SCATTER-GUN, AND TAKE THEM SOMEWHERE SEMI PRIVATE AND HAVE SEX WITH THEM THAT IS SO DISGUSTING, IT WOULD OFFEND HALF THE POPUALTION OF JAPAN!! [/quote]

Bouncers are going to take you into their back room/off camera area and go to town on you you’re very first night, I can see it now. You’re posts scream “I’m extremely immature, but maybe if I act like a pretentious (and potentially racist) chode, people will look up to me as a distinguished gentleman”. If you do pick up a girl, I hope she gives you Herpes.

Any 19 year old who is so extremely desperate to get in the kewl clubz and buy booze, BOOZE!, and is willing to pay upwards of $100 just for the privilege is certainly not going to be able to close the deal with the girls who already frequent said clubs. Any halfway desirable girl is gonna see thru your childish antics.

Look, you’ll be better off having a buddy buy some High Life for you so you can drink at home with your other underage friends, and practice your game on the 18 year old girls. When you are of age and grow up a little, you can set your sights on real women and a real social life, and you’ll find that there’s more to being an adult than sneaking into clubs and having a drink just because you figured out how.

[quote]KEO wrote:
Lol to Mori: I was definatley not typing out what I should have when I was talking about high-end places. The places I will be going are nice, clean places to go that very few people would feen uncomfortable in. No trashed out people, 70% of the males will be wearing clothes very appropriate to church. Middle class, blue collar, white collar, I really don’t even know what class I am much less anyone else. Pompous sounding, YES, ignorant, yes. But I was trying to give people a feel for what kind of places I would be going to. And Im american.

From the advice at this point I’m thinking I’m just going to get in the legit way, and pull the neon tape scheme. not to risky, and if anyone asks, how are they gonna tell if someone bought it for me, or I got it myself. All I have to do is ditch the tape. If they mark my hands up, just use a clorox whipe, simple as that. [/quote]

The way you write is so fucking grating. I can’t imagine you in real life. You will fail at these things you want to do.

I can’t even fathom the places you are talking about. Does everyone else understand? Maybe I’m just not familiar with them because with a 19+ drinking age in Ontario, establishments are either restauarants, bars or clubs??

I’ve never been to a starched collar, church drinking lounge that doesn’t play racist hip hop I guess?

[quote]KEO wrote:
Fake ID is an option, but where I’m at right now that seems to be a big crackdown. Where do you even get those?[/quote]

Oh you kids today… no idea how to break the law…

This kid’s whole approach sounds like it was borrowed from American Pie or some other movie about retards trying to lose their virginity.
Adorable.

Oh yeah, Simon that’s great material right there. I take it you don’t think it’s a good idea. Well it’s a good thing you were born with answers to all the questions in life you ever had, ever.

Pretty much.

That’s great, well hmm, back to the topic, my next goal is seeing if I have the stones to buy liquor at a store. Not because I drink, I know this thread may sound like I drink constantly but that isn’t actually the case. I just want to do it to see if I can, if everything will come together and I can actually do it. Pretty good challenge. Not a bad idea, still considering it.

Virgin.

As a door-guy it is my favorite thing to mark big X’s on young ones hands, and then throw them out when they sneak drinks in the bathroom.
My advice would be to(some of these are repeats):
Make friends with some one who works there. Waitress, bartender, doorguy, dishwasher,DJ, Band, whatever.
Go on the week days.
Don’t try to fight the door guy.

[quote]KEO wrote:
That’s great, well hmm, back to the topic, my next goal is seeing if I have the stones to buy liquor at a store. Not because I drink, I know this thread may sound like I drink constantly but that isn’t actually the case. I just want to do it to see if I can, if everything will come together and I can actually do it. Pretty good challenge. Not a bad idea, still considering it. [/quote]

Pretty DAMN good challenege. If you can pull this off you’ll have displayed the poise and savvy of a 17 year old girl bro.

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:
Virgin.[/quote]

What are the odds he starts the next “I’m a good looking, articulate guy who isn’t a jerk to girls, but they wont have sex with me. How come?” thread