T Nation

Club Meet day - Saturday 12/10/11

small club meet today...

didn't cut weight to 105;weight = 110, will be there in 8 weeks.

SNATCH
stick/bar work
40/2x2
50/2
60/2
OPENER = 82
85 = MEET PR (+1)
87/x - wasn't patient enough to finish the pull, tried to race under it.

The 85 was my best snatch ever - it just felt smooth -and had many comments on how good it looked.

CLEAN & JERK
bar work
break
60/2
75/1+2
OPENER = 108
115/xj
115 = MEET PR(+5kg)

after meet:
FRONT SQUAT
clean and squat 90
141 = 1KG PR
125/2x2

8 weeks to get 5kg off my old frame and maybe put it on the bar

My14 year old son Garret weighed in @ 81 kg (he's a little over 6' tall) and went 5/6 matching gym PRs on the meet platform on both lifts!

SNATCH
50,55(1kg meet PR), 60 (matches gym PR)
CLEAN & JERK
80, 85, 90 - missed the jerk

His snatch is up 6kg and c&j up 10 from the last meet on Labor Day!

onward and upward...

Nice. Keep hitting those PRs man.

Congrats to you and your son! I didn't know you were a father and a father of a 14yr old man!

Koing

Nice Job NWM! Squatting after the meet!? I'd be at IHOP :wink:

^^oh wait, if you're trying to drop 5kg IHOP is probably not the best...

Don't mind me, I'm on a diet :frowning:

IHOP?

Koing

The International House of Pancakes. I guess you don't have those in the UK.

I see. No we don't have any of those here.

Koing

You have square sausages and stornoway black pudding though so I'd take that over pancakes!

Stop with all this food talk - yea I know I have 8 weeks but still...

/thanks for all the good words!
//onward and upward...

IHOP is where I go after weigh-ins!!! Power by pancakes!!

I know a guy who went to Wendy's for a baconator between weigh-ins and lifting at his last competition haha.

I've found that burgers work well, but don't eat the fries!! Gave me stomach problems something fierce!! Maybe all those simple carbs??

I think I'm just going to have lucky charms after my next weigh in. If it wasn't first thing in the morning the baconator wouldn't sound so bad.

Sorry :slight_smile:

No worries here!

Now you need to stay on your heels and finish your clean pulls and then get BACK on those heels to drive the jerk upward. Don McCauley and his wife Suzanne did a brief jerk clinic at our club and he was really emphasizing staying back (dip and drive vertically with no forward lean).

He actually put his finger in my sternum and said, "Stay back" when I jerked. He even said , "Back edge" when his wife was jerking to remind her to feel the weight on her heels to drive the jerk.

I'm still learning it myself but you have to really commit to the jerk. If you don't get a good drive from the hips no amount of foot placement will save it. I've had many coaches now who say don't worry about the feet - focus on 'launching' the bar upward from the drive. It you do it violently enough the feet and the arms time out.

I would suggest reaching out to Don McCauley with some of these vids - he had shared here and on Pendlay's site.