Clothes That Don't Fit

I was going to complain but realized only us old-timers here would remember when this kind of “I’M SO HUGE THAT CLOTHES ARE ALIEN TO ME ON THIS PLANET!” used to happen every two weeks.

3 Likes

Don’t know of any store that might be able to help but once you become seriously fit you’ll have to get a lot of things tailored. I’m 5’11 with a 6’3 wingspan, finding a suit jacket off the rack that fits well is damn near impossible. I’ve even had to buy some shirts from the big and tall department.

If its dress pants and dress shirts that need to fit you better, I would wait a little longer before taking them to the local tailor. It’ll be costly but you’ll look and feel so much better.

Hec, I just need to get back into jogging for 30 minutes twice a week to burn some belly fat.

Have you ever not been able to even pull the pants over your butt to get to your waist they were so tight?

I haven’t had that happen, but if I tried to fit a 32 waist or lower that would probably happen

with 34 waists, yes. The 36’s will slide over it though.

If my gf is with me, I’ll show her how silly I look in 34s lol, they look like they are painted on .

Levi 541 are the athletic cut ones, more room and elastic material. There seem to be a few other jean companies doing some kind of “athletic version” as opposed to the current trend of just relabeling women’s jeans as men’s, but for dress pants I think we’re just kind of screwed.

Same.

OP, very few clothing manufacturers are going to make clothes that fit you. The more exceptional (IE the greater the variance between your measurements and those of Joe Average) your body, the more of a problem this becomes.

Tailors can work WONDERS though.

A few places that may be helpful:

Barbell Apparel (jeans)

Mizzen & Main (dress shirts, pants)

I also have found Joseph A Bank slim for dress shirts quite satisfactory as long as I buy a large enough neck size. Go a size or two up on what you think your neck is with a slim fit shirt and that may work as well.

I remember I started a similar thread about 10 years ago.

I can still remember the insults and pain it had caused me.

• tweet*
1 Like

Hey @Nards,

You still in Taiwan bro?

tweet

Yeah. You coming back soon?

Maybe June.

tweet

Excellent!

1 Like

I found out that pleated dress pants are the way to go for lifters. They’re intentionally sewn for men with thicker thighs.

Catch up for a burger, beer and maybe a show?

tweet