Closing The Gap (Between My Pecs)

Dude, there is so much info on here about diet. Do a search for good articles on what to eat but at this point I think you just need to eat…

Do people not see there is an entire beginner’s section here?

Eat more and lift heavier. it will come.

Get a training partner. When you are benching have him put his pinky finger inbetween your pecs. When you are at the top of the rep he should yell “SQEEZE MY PINKIE, SQUEEZE MY PINKIE”.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
Get a training partner. When you are benching have him put his pinky finger inbetween your pecs. When you are at the top of the rep he should yell “SQEEZE MY PINKIE, SQUEEZE MY PINKIE”.[/quote]

Yeah, Dan knows his shit. Listen to him.

But seriously, I realize your new to this whole lifting game, but you don’t worry about detail until your sick of having to buy bigger t-shirts.

Would it really make much difference if you closed that gap? My Granny would still be able to kick your butt in an arm wrestle.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
Get a training partner. When you are benching have him put his pinky finger inbetween your pecs. When you are at the top of the rep he should yell “SQEEZE MY PINKIE, SQUEEZE MY PINKIE”.[/quote]

ahaha. Now how do I close the gap between my glutes.

It may be genetics - I’ve seen big guys who still have that gap.

You may be able to fill up the middle with some more meat, but I’m with the guys saying that it won’t do much for that gap. As has been said, it’s where the muscle attaches that determines this more than anything. If you put a load of muscle on your chest you may fill it over with a most muscular to some degree, but I’m betting it’s there for life.

1. This thread is fucking 3 years old.

2. Your chest has a widened tendon attachment. This is not fixable through plastic surgery…at least not that I ahve ever witnessed and definitely not with the intention of allowing full strength to return.

3. This has been discussed ad nauseum with pictures even posted of pros with a similar gap.

You are very skinny…yet instead if working on gaining about 40-50lbs of muscle, you instead focus on plastic surgery???

Getting bigger takes away the focus of smaller discrepancies.

Genetics plays a HUGE roll in this. I’ve seen guys at 114lbs (no bullshit) whose chest insertion points make their chest looks somewhat full (well as full as it can look at 114lbs).

Look at Brad Pitt in fight club, he’s a tiny lil man, with very little overall development and his chest insertion points are closer together then the poster above.

Genetics suck, but do with them what you can, the bigger you are the less noticeable it will become, thats the only comfort you can take in it.

Damn beat me to it X.

gain more size. You’ve done a good job of putting on more muscle than your first pic but you have a long way to go… Keep eating A LOT and training heavy and you wont notice it as much.

plastic surgery is the dumbest idea ever for that problem. Thats whats wrong with people these days… everyone wants instant results and instant gratification without putting in the work/time.

.greg.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

1. This thread is fucking 3 years old.[/quote]

I don’t understand, I thought bumping an old thread instead of making a new one was encouraged?

^ It is. X just likes to say the word fucking a lot so it seems like he’s unhappy but in reality point 1 on his list was an exclamation of his joy to see people following proper guidlines.

See it all makes sense now

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:
^ It is. X just likes to say the word fucking a lot so it seems like he’s unhappy but in reality point 1 on his list was an exclamation of his joy to see people following proper guidlines.

See it all makes sense now[/quote]

Fucking fuck.

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

See it all makes sense now[/quote]

am I the only one who read that photo caption and in my head it was read with Samuel L Jacksons voice?

.greg.

I’ve wanted to say this in context forever.

PECTUS EXCAVATUM!

My friend who I lift with has that, he presses harder than I do but my chest seems twice the size of his (I actually even weigh around 10lb less, too…) I know its probably not what you’re talking about, but its like he has a valley where his sternum is. When he benches I could probably pour 6oz of water in there and it’ll stay.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I’ve wanted to say this in context forever.

PECTUS EXCAVATUM!

My friend who I lift with has that, he presses harder than I do but my chest seems twice the size of his (I actually even weigh around 10lb less, too…) I know its probably not what you’re talking about, but its like he has a valley where his sternum is. When he benches I could probably pour 6oz of water in there and it’ll stay.[/quote]

I have pectus excavatum, and I’ll agree it really does suck when it comes to getting a ‘full’ chest. I had surgery when I was younger to get it fixed, and while it fixed it internally, fixing my asthma, it did nothing for the actual visual ‘dent’. I did read soemwhere that pulloevers are used to help in some ways to naturally correct it, ecspecially if your still young (teens). For that reason I put pullovers in my routine since day one, and I honestly feel its made a difference, though minor. I have a feeling it could very well just be a placebo affect, of me simply wanting to believe it helped, or that maybe my overall increase in muscle just made me look better, but regardless, the pullovers dont hurt, so I’m going to keep doing them. And hey, apparently Steve Reeves had it, didnt hurt his progress to much. And CT has a thread where some poses a similiar question, and he shows an example of a bodybuilder with a similar chest insertion point…

Squats, Milk, Deadlift; the answer to every “How do I” question.