Close to Ideal Weight

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Some people just store fat funny…faintly seeing top 4 abs at 21% wouldn’t be TOTALLY unheard of.

[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Some people just store fat funny…faintly seeing top 4 abs at 21% wouldn’t be TOTALLY unheard of.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Damn Prof your cut is going awesome! Nice work.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Damn Prof your cut is going awesome! Nice work.[/quote]

Totally saw that coming

@bug and others –

Thanks for all feedback. I’m definitely going to stick to just dropping the weight first. Honestly when I first saw “you’ll look good at 135” I sorta freaked out because it seems so small. It’s definitely mental for me too…I’d been buying Medium-sized shirts for months (even when I needed some smaller ones) because I think I’ve just been denying how much weight I’d lost (still have that fat guy mentality), but anyway that’s a whole different story.

After taking a 2nd look at pictures and the mirror, I can definitely see a good amount of fat/weight to be lost that just isn’t gonna magically turn to muscle. I’m gonna keep working hard…no way I’m giving up now.

One other thing I think is important is your routine. The 5 way split may be ok for some but for yourself, I’d go for something more frequent (i.e. multi-joint lifts done more frequently per week). The hormonal and strength changes when you do this is pretty immense and can make more difference than just the diet alone. I know that seems to go against conventional advice, but it’s not what I’ve experience and seen (you should burn the fat, put hormones in your favour…not starve the fat off and “burn up” muscle).

[quote]fitforlife88 wrote:
Would really appreciate feedback with this…beach season’s coming up, trying to make this my first fit summer ever![/quote]
Hey OP congrates on the 60 pounds.

Judging by your post you have done your research and applied it with great results.

high days - 1725 cals - 147 prot, 153 c, 60f
low - 1384 cals - 147 prot, 68 c, 60f[/quote]
The only thing I would nit-pick at is your caloric intake. ^These^ numbers seem a little low. I am not saying you need to add more calories in I would just not drop it any lower as you progress.

One thing you could try is to make the high day max out at 100g of carbs and eat more healthy fats and proteins. Your low day could in turn go to 30g or less of carbs and become a true low carb day. I realize you said you feel sluggish when you do a true low carb diet so take that with a grain of salt.

Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Honestly when I first saw “you’ll look good at 135” I sorta freaked out because it seems so small. [/quote]
Who the F*** told you that^

I am also 5’9" and not even close to 150. In fact with a BMI of 29.5 I am borderline obese :slight_smile:

Op - you’ve had some great advice here frm bug! Listen to it to the tee and i’m sure’you’ll be pleasantly suprised. Scale weight shoudlnt be of any concern, I know with you having gone from obese to where you are now you would have developed this mentality of the scales are the be all and end all but trust me, get out of the mid set. Look in the mirror, take measurements and re-evaluate your progress once every 3 months.

Good luck! If you haven’t already I strongly recommend you start a log too, always makes it easier when you’ve got a support network and ppl to answer to…

@its_just_me - started Thibs’ 6 Weeks To Superhero program, so I’m now hitting body parts more frequently throughout the week:

@jlone - definitely not gonna drop calories further. Similar to what Bug said, I’m actually going to increase calories slightly as I lose fat and lean body mass goes up, to keep the metabolism from slowing too much.

Guys, what’s the opinion on cardio for me at this point? Bugeisha recommended cutting down to about 3x a week (from 5 or so I was at this past month). But after today’s workout on the Superhero program, I’m dead for starters and also it took me about 1 hour and 10 mins and couldn’t even finish the last set of the Bench complex (I have to catch a train home at a certain time). I wanted to get some cardio in today so I did a quick jump rope tabata session at the end, instead of that last Bench set. But for the most part, I don’t have adequate time for cardio post-lifting.

Should I do cardio the other 3 days of the week (or maybe 2), should I treat my complexes as a form of cardio, or should I just try to do the complexes quicker or even substitute some of the sets for cardio?

Thanks, the feedback here has been great!

IMO, it’s not that important to add more unless you hit a plateau. Slow and steady, don’t kill yourself.