Close The United States Borders

On the local new in Phila there was a report about a jewelry shop named Intrigue. The report said that the jewelry shops,located in a few malls in Pennsylvania, is under investigation by the FBI and the INS for funding money to Al Quida(sp?). It was found out that one of their employees, who gained access into our country via a fake British passport, he happens to be an Afghan, was found with pictures of the WTC inside and out. He came into the shop very nervously two days before the attacks looking for the pictures. The FBI and the INS strongly believe that this person has ties to AL Quida. In light of this action and many others I think it is high time for our country to close it’s borders. I don’t care if any PC people think that this would no longer make us a free society it is time to protect ourselves from these terrorists. Who knows how many thousands of them we have already let in and I think it is time to stop them from gaining access. I look forward to everyone’s opinion.

I wonder why people like this even make the news. When these infiltraters are discovered, they should just “disappear”. Mysterious fires, car crashes, etc. Evil has no rights. Profiling is needed in this situation. Muslims did it to the WTC, Muslims like to fight. Muslims are sending the message that more attacks are to come. Investigate the Muslims, make the perpetraters disappear before I have to watch more buildings burning on the TV.

This is a joke, right? This is the most un-T-man-like post I’ve seen in a long time. A T-man doesn’t go looking for trouble, but when trouble goes looking for him, he doesn’t run home & lock all his doors & windows. He uses his brain to resolve problems ('cause he’s a smart bastard!). And if & when that fails, he uses his brawn.
I think the USA is showing superior T-man characteristics just now, & no doubt you’re getting smarter by the day. Closing yourself off to the world would be cowardly. …just some thoughts from your friend (& ally) to the north.

I agree with closing the U.S. borders. Let me clarify.

I believe that, at least for the time being, you should only be able to enter the United States of America though any airport, seaport, or a point of land entry if:

1. You are a natural born, or naturalized citizen of the U.S. in good standing, OR 2. You have a valid International Passport from a NATO country, OR 3. You hold a valid travel visa.

In addition, I would like to see a temporary freeze placed upon all new visas and citizenship applications. Am I a xenophobe or a bigot? I have been accused as such, but I don’t think so. I certainly am frustrated by hearing report after report of little old ladies and college girls being double and even triple searched in airports, whilst others, much more likely to be terrorists or terrorist sympathizers (ooh, treading on thin political ice here aren’t we!) are allowed to enter our planes unobstructed, all in the name of Political Correctness. In our half-heated attempt to make our planes and airports safer, we are hamstringing ourselves due to our unwillingness to do what simply has to be done. Profiling my Irish ass, we’re talking about using our brains here.

If we WERE willing to deal with skyjackers appropriately, we would have, at the very least, armed our pilots years ago. I, for one, would feel a hell of a lot safer knowing that Cap’n Jack was packing heat.

I just find it funny that the person who began this thread chose a name of a character who is originally from Canada. Just made me smirk.

(Patricia, I think it refers to the University of Michigan Wolverines – correct me if I’m wrong, Wolverine).

DD is right, but these things will never get done. Our politicians place re-election over all, even the safety of other Americans. Don’t expect to see a rule anytime soon where all Arab appearing men are searched and interviewed before flying. Too much heat for the pussys in DC to handle there. My solution is as always: get out of the cities, buy a gun, stash your cash, wait for the crash, and watch the fun. BTW - Since I stopped participating in the gov’t (don’t vote anymore, don’t participate in SSecurity, medicare, etc) and minimized the theft of my money via taxation, it all seems like some sort of dark comedy. What a shame, though. The country I defended is gone. I am reminded of a great line by Hunter Thompson in “Hells Angels”. He was talking about the inevitable collpse of the non-commercialized counter-culture at the end of the sixties, and not that of the American republic, but the words still fit: “With the right kind of eyes you could stand on the hills above the city, and actually see where the wave crested, crashed, and began to roll back.”

I’m with Demo Dick and V2 on this one. Sorry if there are any PC, warm-n-fuzzy, tree hugging, let’s-make-the-world-a-kinder-gentler-place, freaky PETA loving bleeding hearts out there, but these are not warm-n-fuzzy times/people we are dealing with and to steal a quote, I think we need to “Speak softly and carry a big stick”. To me that means turn pretty much everything east of the Mediterranian and west of Thailand into a glass sea. Yeah, it’s a little extreme. Yeah, it not an “enlightened” viewpoint. Yeah, a lot of innocent people and camels would die. But fuck yeah, it’d get rid of a lot of rabid religious freaks (not all Muslims are rabid and not all religious freaks are Muslim but they seem to feed off eachother’s rabidity). It’d put an end to centuries upon centuries of infighting, genocide, political assassignations, etc. We also need to tighten our boarders and increase the expediency and severity of punishments for terrorist acts. No, we do not need to become the horrific Hollywood version of the Russian KGB or German Gestapo (sp?) but we do need some dramatic changes to take place.

I know this post will incense some of you, go ahead and crucify me for my opinions - I’m expecting it but frankly, I don’t give a damn. :wink:

Good for you! I like it when people take a stand. I, for one, and sick of political correctness. It is just another way of giving preferential treatment to certain groups. You can’t fight injustice by instituting another injustice. People should be sensitive and pragmatic.
Your suggestions deserve serious consideration. If you think someone seems dangerous, search them. If they are from areas that are known to harbor or support terrorists, think about searching them. Let’s not dink around. Arm the pilots. Instruct the stewards and stewardesses about the danger signs. Once the terrorists have been captured, interrogate them and then use extremely harsh punishment. Why don’t we start broadcasting a good-guy hour on Al-Jaezera (sp?). Let’s start it out with, “It’s 5 o’clock and it’s time for another edition of the good-guy hour.” This could chronicle our successes and give Bin-Laden and his associates some bone-chilling visuals.

I wanted to thank you for your proofreading. I noticed that you helped Patricia with coincides. Keep it up. We are making a difference. You get an A.

“I, for one, and sick of political correctness.”

B+

Hi all. the following is a post by someone else on a message board about our response to terrorism. Specifically, it argues in support of profiling in searches. Although amusing in parts it does make the point.

To insure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport screeners will not be allowed to profile people. They will continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips and Medal of Honor winning former Governors.

Let's pause a moment and take the following test.

In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:

a. Olga Corbett b. Sitting Bull c. Arnold Schwartzeneger d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians b. Elvis c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger b. The King of Sweden c. The Boy Scouts d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy b. Pee Wee Herman c. Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered in his wheelchair and thrown overboard by:

a. The Smurfs b. Davy Jones c. The Little Mermaid d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:

a. Captain Kid b. Charles Lindberg c. Mother Teresa d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo b. The Tooth Fairy c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid who had a few sticks of dynamite left over from the train job. d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons b. Grandma Moses c. Michael Jordan d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers b. Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems c. The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain: "Mustapha the Merciless" d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were murdered by :

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd b. The Supreme Court of Florida c. Mr. Bean d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron b. The Lutheran Church c. The NFL d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonny and Clyde b. Captain Kangaroo c. Billy Graham d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

If you weren’t born here, GET THE FUCK OUT! And if you bleeding heart liberal bitches have a problem with that, GET THE FUCK OUT TOO!

Patricia you are correct. Although I am an American I choose Wolverine because I am a big X-Men fan(Sorry Damici). T.O.T.-bro, Im sorry but I really disagree with your post. Demo Dick, your post was outstanding I am in total agreement with everything you said. As for the rest I have enjoyed your posts as well. It is nice to see that most of us agree that we need to look out for our best interest’s.

It’s always easier for you buttheads to spout ignorant statements and then back it up by saying that its PC fault or f-bomb PCs/liberals. Just shows a certain lack of intelligence.
It is also always easier to say profile Arabs/Muslims/Dark Skinned People because that fits the profile of a terrorist. Since your “freedoms” will not be infringed upon by searches, and stops, and questions, then you guys don’t give a crap. As soon as it starts impacting you then you will be in an uproar. But once government takes a freedom away, it will impact everyone and you will be hard pressed to regain it. But of course that’s what you want isn’t it, turn the best country in the world into a police state. Thanks guys, I had fun, sorry to see the good ole USA leave, but hey that’s what you want.

I would much rather be living in a police state than have to see one of our major metropolitan areas replaced with a crater because some asshole decided to set off a suitcase nuke. We’ve reached a point where America’s strengths from long ago have now become its biggest weakness (open borders). As that post from the other website pointed out, the majority of the culprits in terrorists acts over the last few decades have been Muslim. Anyone noticing a pattern here?

Racial profiling is now a matter of necessity. We are leaving ourselves wide-open, regardless of what “security measures” they’ve implemented at the airports, and something needs to be done now. The problem, as someone already pointed out, are those whore politicians in Washington who only care about lining their own pockets and getting re-elected (or BJs under their desks).

You know, as far as this issue is concerned, I rank those who believe profiling is unnecessary right up there with those who think taking a peaceful approach (doing nothing) is going to take care of the problem. Closing our borders should be considered a wartime necessity. And unless you’re blind, America is at war.

What is your definition of a police state? You think that the US would turn into a police state just because we profiled the specific group of people that the terrorists are obviously associated with? So we should just continue to allow all Afghans and Muslims to run willy-nilly through our country and behave as though we are too afraid of offending someone to stand up for ourselves? The terrorists laugh at our attempts to be PC, and use it against us; they see it as a sign of weakness. I think that shows a certain lack of intelligence. It would be unfortunate that some innocent Afghans or Muslims had to suffer unfair treatment because of the actions of some of their group members. However, in any war effort there are always the suffering of the innocents, I would naturally prefer that those who suffered weren’t from my group. Not to mention that any mistreatment by our country of innocent Afghans or Muslims would be of the most humane sort. The suffering of our innocents will be in the form of mass murder or intentional plagues of disease. I am human, so I have a natural tendency to look out for like-minded people, and have loyalties to the people that share my beliefs. Maybe if we close our borders to the Afghans and Muslims, those that are innocent, and that truly do oppose the actions of the terrorist groups might take action to find out who these terrorists are and assist us in finding them, and eliminating their influence and their capability to harm us further. Then those Muslims or Afghans that assisted us would definitely be benefited by our country for their assistance in the war effort. If we continue to allow total freedom and access to our country for fear of offending someone, we leave ourselves open to the attacks, and ministrations of the evil groups bent on our destruction. If we continue to turn a blind eye, we will continue to take knives in the back. We are strong and powerful, they are weak and few. Naturally their only chance is to strike us from behind, or where we are soft and unprotected. Don’t you think it makes a little sense to done a little armor to repel the attacks of our enemies and deny them access to our vital and unprotected areas?

" I don’t care if any PC people think that this would no longer make us a free society it is time to protect ourselves from these terrorists" if YOU don’t care about a “free society” go to any middle-east country and you will get what YOU want!!! some people are just DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!

close the boarders ??? how is everyone gonna get there gear then ? and there other drugs?

“My solution is as always: get out of the cities, buy a gun, stash your cash, wait for the crash, and watch the fun.”

You ever seen Tremors? Bert is my hero. :)

P.S. I'm reading "God, Guns, and Rock & Roll" by Ted Nugent. Especially if you hunt, I suggest you give it a glance.