Close Grip Bench Press - Reverse Grip?

Hey, I was gonna start the ‘your ticket to the gun show’ by CT, and noticed he has CGBP - reverse grip as one of the exercises. But, as i train alone, i dont really fancy doing this one as if the bar slips im a deadman, so was wondering if anyone had an alternative exercise for the same muscle (not sure if its lateral or medial head of the triceps).

cheers

reverse close grip bench press on a smith machine. But I do powerlifting and all my benching is reverse grip and I have no problem holding the bar even on the heavy 1-3 rep sets.

Either in a Smith machine or in a power rack with the safeties just above your chest. Are those available options?

yep, cheers il give that a go!

Use straps.

[quote]MMG wrote:
Hey, I was gonna start the ‘your ticket to the gun show’ by CT, and noticed he has CGBP - reverse grip as one of the exercises. But, as i train alone, i dont really fancy doing this one as if the bar slips im a deadman, so was wondering if anyone had an alternative exercise for the same muscle (not sure if its lateral or medial head of the triceps).

cheers[/quote]

Good luck with your wrists. I don’t doubt it’s a good exercise, but it puts a lot of stress on em. Maybe buy wraps.

i do em on a smith machine. i tried them on a regular bench once…yeah very awkward to liftoff and youll use a fraction of the weight just because of that.

smith is the way to go but be careful as at least in my case i sometimes put a lot of stress on my shoulder/collar bone area. thats the downside of fixed plane of motion.