T Nation

Clomid on Cycle?

So i’ve been reading around about longer cycles, like 16 weeks and beyond. And I’ve seen a few people running clomid throughout the whole cycle.

Is there a real benefit to this in terms of not being shut down so hard, or are those guys just pissing it away?

I’ve read that it doesn’t do anything, as far as stimulating LH

a lot of people on another board that I don’t think I can link to (rhymes with brobressional bruscle) swear by it, although I have never tried it

It’s apparently what old timey steroid users did before hCG to keep testicular fullness. Heard that from a dude who’s been cycling since the 70s

I saw a study graphing HPTA suppression against Clomid and Test dosages, and there was no change in LH levels until dosages crept up over 150mg/week, and fell quite gradually after that, so I imagine it would have SOME effect at cycle levels of AAS, but obviously not as good as HCG (at cycle levels of AAS) for combating testicular atrophy.

-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
I saw a study graphing HPTA suppression against Clomid and Test dosages, and there was no change in LH levels until dosages crept up over 150mg/week, and fell quite gradually after that, so I imagine it would have SOME effect at cycle levels of AAS, but obviously not as good as HCG (at cycle levels of AAS) for combating testicular atrophy.

-PTD[/quote]

Thanks PTD.

I suspected that it was a pretty fruitless endeavor. I’ll just stick with HCG.