Clomid Challenge for Restart While on TRT

SImple question for you gents. I tried digging around on google but came up empty.

Since TRT suppresses the HPTA, and Clomid increases LH output, is it possible to conduct a Clomid challenge WHILE on TRT to see if a restart would be possible for someone with secondary hypo due to a tumor?

Yes, you can stay on TRT and then test for LH/FSH. If you get good numbers, then a restart could be possible if the testes are willing. If LH/FSH levels are low, you can’t get there. Why clomid and the risk of severe side effects that a few guys do get?

[The above discussion might be modified if hCG is involved. Do not have any context specific to you.]

I posted a response yesterday. Not sure why it didn’t go through. Anyhow, KSman, my context is here. You will find it familiar.

Before you blast me for branching away from my log, I just wanted to know the answer to that question without cluttering my log with a different topic.

hCG IS involved. A question I haven’t ever thought of before because it hasn’t ever come up, does hCG give inaccurate LH readings on a blood test? Does hCG act in a similar way towards the pituitary as exogenous testosterone? Meaning, once one is on TRT, LH readings are useless? Clomid (or Nolvadex. Pick your poison), increases LH output, but hCG possibly hinders the pituitary, so a SERM challenge while on hCG would be useless? I’m attempting to find a way to see if a restart is actually possible without having to go through the grueling process of quitting TRT and attempt it without any known chance of success. I dug around to see if this is possible and found nothing.

How small would a prolactinoma need to be in order to have the greatest chance of success of a restart? These are, of course, questions for an endocrinologist. I don’t have the time or luxury to have the oversight of one in my current conditions, unfortunately.

What has prompted the severity of this question now? My insurance is discontinuing it’s authorization of androgel; Wanting me to switch to Fortesta. I’m tired of the hassle of finding the product and correct dosage. It took me 1.5 years to find out androgel worked best for me.

I also updated my log.

We have seen reports of changes brands not working.

Self injections are least cost and 100% delivery.

So as I suggested, stop hCG while on SERMs, do not take both together.

hCG has no bearing on LH/FSH, but again, you will not take hCG+SERM

I explained how you can stay on TRT, add SERM and test for LH/FSH. Read what I said.

All is noted. Will stop hCG and start SERM when the time is right. One question though. Why can hCG and SERM not be run simultaneously?

hCG is mimicking LH, and SERM is increasing LH. What is the issue here? I am asking for my own personal knowledge.

[quote]Kaynon311 wrote:
All is noted. Will stop hCG and start SERM when the time is right. One question though. Why can hCG and SERM not be run simultaneously?

hCG is mimicking LH, and SERM is increasing LH. What is the issue here? I am asking for my own personal knowledge.[/quote]
Because you will overload your leydig cells with LH possibly damaging them and increase ITT aromatization to E2 to extremely high levels.

[quote]Tunapancake wrote:
Because you will overload your leydig cells with LH possibly damaging them and increase ITT aromatization to E2 to extremely high levels.[/quote]

Ok, that does make sense, but how does that differ from the power PCT protocol, where both SERMs and hCG are run simultaneously? hCG is run for 8 injections at a high amount, and both SERMs are run for 30 and 45 days?

Because that is stupid and ignorant Bro Science.