Clomid and Nolva Liver Toxic

I was reading a post on another board that was discussing how harch a drug nolvadex is and that clomid for pct is a much safer and more effective drug.While nolva should only be used if gyno is starting to show up. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know everything when it comes to aas/serms/ancillaries ect. but I was never even remotely under the impression that nolva or clomid where toxic in any way.

Harsh…sorry bout that. One of the the guys speaking about this (I think he’s a doctor)said that taking 1 anadrol 50 a day would be less liver toxic than taking the average dose of clomid (50-100) or nolva (20-60). Somebody please shed some light on this for me.

I’ve also seen that info on other boards Wideguy. The problem is the studies that have been performed to come to this conclusion, have been on long-term use of Nolva and Women with breast cancer using it long-term. I would guess that any oral is still hard on the liver, whether long-term or short-term.

Unless we get lab tests to find out liver values, we will not know exactly how hepa-toxic Nolva really is. I haven’t had a negative liver test yet, and I use Nolva through out my cycle and post cycle. But, I’m still very vigilant about it and this is good that you bring this up.

I usually take Liv.52 and some NAC pre-during-post cycle, to help my lil liver out. That’s about the only thing I think we can do, as long as we use AAS and use Nolva for PCT or gyno control during a cycle.

The jury is still out on Nolva and it’s toxicity so it’s still a good idea to get tests done. Like I said Wideguy it’s a good thing you bring this issue up. Peace out!

Hey p-22 Katz or DA what do you think ?

I wouldn’t use the word “toxic”. I would prefer to say that ANY oral, including Nolvadex and Clomid, can be “stressful” to the liver to a certain degree. Taking aspirin or tylenol can cause a stress to the liver as well. The jury is out on this one. Would you believe me if I told you that too much vitamin C is no good for you too? It’s true. Everything in moderation.

I think Sancho hit it on the head when he mentioned “long-term use”.

Well then in that regard wouldn’t a short cycle approach where one is running pct about every 3-5 weeks for around 3-5 weeks be pretty hard on one’s liver. Especially considering if one is using orals during cycle?

they can elevate liver enzymes, however that is not always an indicator of liver damage, as liver enzymes can be elevated just because the liver is working - doing it’s job.
There is a buletin out right now however, warning consumers of a list of drugs including nolvadex, to refrain from drinking Grapefruit juice, as it can hinder an enzyme in the liver from effectively breaking down the drug, with will result in build up of toxic levels of drug in the system.

[quote]Prisoner#22 wrote:
they can elevate liver enzymes, however that is not always an indicator of liver damage, as liver enzymes can be elevated just because the liver is working - doing it’s job.
There is a buletin out right now however, warning consumers of a list of drugs including nolvadex, to refrain from drinking Grapefruit juice, as it can hinder an enzyme in the liver from effectively breaking down the drug, with will result in build up of toxic levels of drug in the system.[/quote]

What tests could be done that would signify liver damage had occured?

Is this just grapefruit juice or are other citrus juices that should be avoided?

Thanks P-22