T Nation

Clomid Added to Trifecta

…quadfecta ? LOL

So an out of pocket AAC I am considering using due to the ineptness of the endo’s I have been referred to uses the trifecta but also throws in clomid for “enhanced fertility”.

How would this affect the estrogens in my blood if hypothetically already in a ideal position from the arimidex? From what I have read of it as a SERM taking up the estrogen receptors, I was wondering if this could cause the feeling of very low estrogen levels?

your questions are interlaced with misunderstandings, please read the stickies
please rephrase without the mumble-gumbo

SERMs increase LH/FSH if the top end of one’s HPTA is working. Increased LH will increase T if the testes are LH responsive, as will hCG. Increased FSH improves sperm production in ways that hCG does not. hCG alone supports fertility most of the time, but not for all.

hCG and SERMs can’t fix primary hypogonadism

clomid makes some feel like crap because for some it acts like estrogen
nolvadex is not steroidal and does not have those effects
SERMs do not seem to create the problems that you suggest, in any case, if one does not feel well taking a drug, there is the option of not taking it.

I’m not so sure I like the idea of adding it for extra fertility then. It appears it may cause what I was thinking–estrogen like issues.

It does bring up an interesting point “Why couldn’t clomid be supplemented in replace to HCG?” May be in the future it can be validated, but as of now it is not mainstream practice.

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:
It does bring up an interesting point “Why couldn’t clomid be supplemented in replace to HCG?” May be in the future it can be validated, but as of now it is not mainstream practice. [/quote]

I’ve seen a couple guys try this in their protocol and from what I’ve seen, the SERM is not able to overcome the suppressive effects of the exogenous T. I dont know what amount of SERM you would have to take, or its even possible, but the amount would be prohibitive and cause issues elsewhere.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:
It does bring up an interesting point “Why couldn’t clomid be supplemented in replace to HCG?” May be in the future it can be validated, but as of now it is not mainstream practice. [/quote]

I’ve seen a couple guys try this in their protocol and from what I’ve seen, the SERM is not able to overcome the suppressive effects of the exogenous T. I dont know what amount of SERM you would have to take, or its even possible, but the amount would be prohibitive and cause issues elsewhere.[/quote]

What the conclusion I was going to make its not strong enough to override the HRT effect on suppression of the LH. Would be an interesting experiment to see how much clomid is needed to raise LH on low dosages HRT…