Canary in a Coal Mine

My adorable Chicken Legs Day

Zerchers 5x5x195
Paused Squats 4x3x225
leg ext 4x12
Cable Curls ( 3 different angles) 11x10

deep tissue yesterday so I was a bit achy and beat up… couldn’t get the pace up

Peace

Maybe try squatting 8 consecutive minutes w/135? Start w/3 minutes and increase by one minute weekly. Supposed to cure chicken legs.

It definitely does, but when you are done they just throw dirt on you, say a few words and leave

1 Like

Incline Tmill Walk 35min
Stretchy, mobility lacrosse ball stuff 25min
felt like a rusty bag of nails this AM, but feeling a little better…I need a good nights sleep which has been eluding me as of late.

Peace

1 Like

Wrong attitude. Honestly sometimes I think you’re pushing 100. And I find myself now working to catch up with you.

Oh, just another failed attempt at humor on my part… and don’t try catching me as you are already way out in front and I would hate to be responsible for dragging you down…I think setting your sights on Crippler, GV and Bulldog would be way more productive and invigorating!

100 year old training

CGBP paused 4x4x235 (3 finger on smooth)
DB Pullover 3x10x60
Squeeze Press 2x12x50’s
Cable fly 3x10
Seated Overhead Ext w/rope 3x8

Tested Incline BP Paused at the end of the session so in a tired state

3x155, 2x185, 1x205, 215…lat cramping, so I stopped , no spotter…Haven’t done inclines in awhile so I’ll take it

Peace

100 year old training. Jeez.

You know you’re strong as hell. You’ll be the strongest 100 year old when you get there. F-ck da world and stay strong.

1 Like

GV- Thank you my good man ! Knowing how busy you are I appreciate you dropping by.

Trap Bar DL 2x3x230, 2x2x320, 4x410
Trap Bar (EMOM) 10x2x340
Good mornings 3x10
Seated Hammie curl 3x15
Cable Curls 7x10 various angles
Incline DB Shrugs just figuring out what weight to use next cycle.

Heading into deload, nicked up and bad kind of achy…

Peace

1 Like

4l0 with any bar is significant.

100 year old training saga continues.

ya now, its not easy to act 100 !! hahaha… need to deload though… just feeling a little ugly at the moment… I think my body is trying to say something.

Paul, hope all is well with you. Just wondering if you’re still going on April 8th. I won’t be competing but Kainen will be and should put up some decent numbers. He deadlifted 475x3, benched 275x4 and box squatted 500x2 all this past week.

Steve- good to hear from you. We are plugging away down here in the low country! Bizarre winter…I assume from your note that your back is still troublesome. That’s too bad if it is the case. Kainen will do awesome… He had such composure last year at his first meet. Now he knows the drill and will crush it. I too am not competing. But would be more than happy to drive up in support of K and take you guys out for a bite and a beer afterwards. However, don’t want to inject myself into what will be a great father/son day.

And those are some nasty numbers from your boy !

Trap Bar DL 1x430
Cable curls a few

Deload is over, start next cycle on Tuesday

430? Deload? Looks like 100 year old training to me :laughing:

I know, right? actually decided to hit a heavy lift but not do any volume with EMOM or any other back/hammie work…so it still counts as a deload !! at least that’s what I’m telling myself.

1 Like

MP 4x4x145
Seated DB Press 2x10sidex55
Incline DB shrug 3x10x40s
Rev Fly 3x12x25s
Batwings 3x8x25s

I’ll keep the MP weight the same and manipulate sets/reps so next week is 5x4

Peace

Cond/core day

Incline Tmill 32 min
Mobility, stretchy, foam, bird dogs, incline mountain climbers, quadruped extensions, walking lunges, trunk twist, good mornings, side planks…just random stuff as it came to mind…30 min

Peace

1 Like

A little late getting to post, one of my dogs got sick and picked the 3 most expensive rugs for her landing zone!!

Zerchers 5x5x195
Paused Squats 5x4x225
Leg ext 4x10
seated calf raise 2x15

Peace