Clockin' A Grip

Hey Tim! The family is great!

My woman got a promotion at work. She’s got some more responsibilities, so she’s way more enthusiastic because she can actually make some decisions and have an impact. That’s been cool, it just requires a little more kiddo time for me.

My little girl is totally healthy and perfect. And she’s 2 and a half so she’s completely wild and extreme! It’s fun to show her things and do stuff with her, only she has no patience and she’s always trying to pull her clothes off.

Just like her mom, Hey Oh!

Sadly my oldest dog died. He had a pretty good life and I’m glad he got to spend some time with the baby, only it was pretty tough to see him suffer near the end.

8 Likes

What’s up with you?

I saw an old update saying you finished up the diet and a new one saying you were almost done with your junior year at school. That’s cool! Any other excitement lately?

1 Like

@T3hPwnisher was kind enough to buy me a WSBB Unruly Weight Sled!

I didn’t even ask for it, he just offered to buy me one.

Like were talking about THEE fcking Pwnisher here dawg. He bought me a gawd damn sled.

As of right now that is the biggest excitement. Another one is the fact that you’re back in the forums. Oh, and the fact that @SvenG exists makes me happy too, what a guy.

Other than that I have been training hard and working hard at my internship.

:fire: :fire: :rofl: Flats still plows like a farmer

3 Likes

Great to see you back dude! Was pulling a sled in a parking garage today and thought “I wish Flats was around: he’d get a kick out of this”.

You’ve been missed, but great to hear the family is doing well.

2 Likes

I kinda got worried since you didn’t reply to my email lol. Nice to see you back!

1 Like

Oh dang I’m sorry about your dog. Our dog is part of our family too, so this is tough.

1 Like

Dragging In a parking garage! That’s dedication. There’s nothing like getting some work in next to puddles of vomit and used condoms!

1 Like

Oh man! Thanks for thinking of me and reaching out. I guess I wasn’t messing with emails that much either.

It was sad about the dog, but the pack lives on! We’ve still got the other boxer and I’m thinking about getting another puppy maybe.

I checked out your log, you’ve been hitting some nice numbers this spring! Great work.

Did you ever get a chance to take a break and visit home over the Holidays?

2 Likes

I’ve been focusing on nutrition this month. At first, just getting enough protein and eating enough through the day to not be tired or sore. Then I got strict with the fish oil and vitamin D.

Last week I started using my girlfriend’s collagen supplement. I’m hoping to use this stuff for a couple more weeks, to theoretically get my joints “Ready” before I get back to real weight lifting.

And in the next few weeks, when I get back to the gym I plan to add in Turmeric/Curcumin. Theoretically this will help me keep evil, non-specific Inflammation down over the course of a training cycle. And maybe help with joint stuff.

The last thing to look forward to is Creatine. I’ll start taking this stuff when I get back to the weights. Maybe it will make me looked jacked through intramuscular swelling. Maybe it will help me to maintain force production over weeks and weeks, leading to better training. Maybe it will do nothing. But I already bought it, so there’s nothing to lose by using it.

5 Likes

I let my gym membership lapse in March, to force myself to stop going so I could relax and recover a little bit. I had an upset knee and shoulder, then a pinched nerve in the neck that weren’t improving because I was continuing half-assed BS workouts instead of fixing the problems.

Starting in early April I did lots of short step ups on an incline and a decline for the knee and band uppercuts and arm circles vs a band for the shoulder. Then I started doing some stuff with light DBs, a couple Kettlebells and the sled outside.

Last week was

Lower 1

Incline Peterson Step Up x 15
Donkey Calf Raise, 3-3 tempo x 15
Tib Raise x 15
3 times around

Sissy Squat with 3-3 tempo x 8
Superset with forward lunge x 6
3 pairs

Laying Band Leg Curl x 20
Hip Flexor Knee Raise x 15
2 pairs

Upper 1

Shoulder Stuff with Ball on Wall x some
Seated DB Shrug, 3-3 tempo x 12
DB Tricep Kickback x 20
twice around

Chair Dip, 3-3 tempo x 10, 15, 20
Seated Row with Bands x 30 sec of tension
3 pairs

Band Straight Arm Pushdown x 20
Band Pushdown x 15 Overhead extension x 15
Band Curl x 20
3 times around

Lower 2.

Small Tire backward Drag x 1/2 way
KB Swing x10
Step Up on Big Tire x 10
twice each

Big Tire Drag x 1/2 way down and back x 2
add kettlebell for second trip

Hanging KB Suitcase walk x 3/4 down and back x 2

Upper 2

1 Arm Band Facepull x 12
Neutral Grip Band Pushdown x 20
DB Rear Delt Row x 12
3 times

5 count eccentric Pushup, into Pushup Plus 5 count hold, into Downward Dog 5 count hold. Hands on Yoga Blocks for ROM
x 6, 7, 8

Birddog Row x 12
DB Curl x 20
3 pairs

4 Likes

5-2 Outside Lower

Band Hip Move x some
Band Step Up on Incline/Decline x 10/10
Band GM x 15
Lateral Lunge with DB x 10
2 rounds

Foot Elevated, super deep lunge x 6
superset with regular Forward Lunge x 8
3 pairs

Band Thru Belt
Donkey Calf Raise, 3-3 tempo x 15
Dimmel Deadlift x 20
3 pairs

Deadbug x 8 x 3 sets

3 Likes

Ohh what puppy you have in mind?

Thanks man! Just putting in the work

1 Like

havent seen any one mention or do these for a while.

1 Like

Oh man, it’s hard to say. My last dog was a pitbull-boxer mix. He was perfect. Great temperament, just the right size, smart and he was good looking. But finding another custom mutt seems unlikely.

My girlfriend was all about a French Bulldog for awhile, but that feels a little too Instagram popular for me.

Maybe another boxer, like we have now, to keep things simple.

1 Like

They felt good today. Way to good to let them fade away into obscurity.

1 Like

They worked well enough for Matt Dimel, be a shame to see them disappear all together. How were the glutes after?

1 Like

Lightly Toasted!

1 Like

like a good English breakfast muffin. LOL

1 Like

I’m starting to day dream about what I’ll do back in the gym, and I think Dimmels will be 'In" for awhile. I’m thinking that super setting them with other moves (pull downs? ham curl?) might be cool for putting on some muscle and feeling Intense.

This would be brutal. I like it

1 Like