Clockin' A Grip

But wouldn’t the bar rest on your clavicles/ delts? Therefore minimizing the need for an eccentric contraction of the delts? Referring to the push press portion mainly.

Sorry I’m a bit behind.

1 Like

Yes, the barbell is already “down” on your shoulders, so there is no eccentric. And during the dip/reversal/drive you could support the the bar 100% on bones, without any weight/pressure in your hands which would mean not even an isometric contraction for your delts.

And my paper would look pretty silly!

But in reality, nobody supports the barbell 100% without shoulders. That’s why dudes push press or jerk more behind their heads than in front. The bar is truly on the shoulders and above the hips, vs supported by the muscles on the front of the body.
And in the US and A everybody is too jacked, with arms to big to get into a full rack anyway.

1 Like

9-2 Lower

Stretch hamstring, glute, groin, hip flexor

Band hip rotation, hip airplane, back raise isometric x 3 rounds
Standing hip flexion, standing leg curl, Peterson step down x 3 rounds

Step Ups
x 5 reps, EMOM for 8 minutes

Cable Pulldown, narrow semi Supinated grip
x 15 x 3 sets

45 Back Raise
x 15 x 3 sets

Leg Raise off Bench x 17
Tib Raises holding 25 plate x 12
Seated Calf Raise x 15
3 rounds

I got the step up EMOMs from @bighdx. I really liked that setup. I had been missing the interval style of high set, low rep DE day. It was cool to have something that felt like similar work. I’ll probably work that in to the lower body rotation for awhile. And I guess I’m not trying for the fastest speed on a step up, but if I do more reps or more weight in the same 8 minutes I’m still increasing Power. So that’s cool.

1 Like

One thing I found so far to help ease myself back into conjugate was doing the first 4-5 weeks of juggernaut method then two weeks of true ME. As I don’t have a SSB anymore at the gym, I did think about doing pin squats.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to argue that either.

Haha, fuck man I need to work on my arms! Speaking of which, I just found out I don’t have the biggest arms in the gym!!

In all seriousness, lifters who aren’t able to achieve a type of front rack, where the bar is in contact with the body, are leaving kilos out there big time. Yes, even great lifters like Nee. My argument is, they could be even better! But at a certain point you’re not going to get there anymore.

1 Like

I think we can agree that more speed involves more force. And that a push press can teach you to drive out of the bottom fast.

1 Like

Absolutely.

1 Like

GooGooMoFo can’t do a glute/ham raise either! Now I don’t feel so bad. Big Dave says I should elevate the front of the machine to get lower feet and higher hips so it’s easier.

2 Likes

Yes!

I had a very hard time learning/doing those. I could do hypers to a ridiculous extent, but getting my hams to fire hard enough to start the movement was tough.

I can see how relieving the first couple of degrees could go a long way on those.

1 Like

It’s messed up, my hamstrings get stronger and my bending over gets better but when I try Glute/Hams it’s like I’ve just gotten good enough at using my hams to feel how far I am from getting one.

Like holy shit, last time I was so weak I couldn’t even get lined up right to do one. Now I’m good enough to feel that my hams still cannot support the move.

My gf just knocks out sets of 20 no problem.

2 Likes

Did GHR for the first time in a while on Friday. I now feel like I have tennis balls in my hammies behind my knees. I really need to do this more often!!

1 Like

Tennis balls behind the knees =Old School Method For Bigger Squat!

1 Like

9-5 Upper

Stretch pec, bicep, lat, trap

No money, pushdown, scap push
DB mid back, rear delt and tricep, scap pushups

Neutral Grip Decline DB Press
45 x 15, 12, 10

Incline Pushup
x 11, 11

Side Then Rear DB Delt Raise
10 x 12/12 x 2 sets
12.5 x 12/12
7.5 x 15/15

Band No Money x 35
Band Pushdown x 45
Band Facepull x 35
Band Overhead Tricep Extension x 35
x 3 rounds then x 20 for 1 bonus round

Good one to finish out the first 3 weeks. Volume stayed pretty constant on the big stuff and more than doubled on the small stuff. GAINS!

For the next 3 weeks Shoulders will be moved to back-burner status while Triceps move into focus.

And quads will be emphasized while glutes are chilled out.

For new shit I’ll add some tire pulling. I want to get back into the long distance sled drags to get some long, slow work in. But first I gotta do Some sled dragging. I’ll start out easy, like 600 feet, twice a week, not sweating the weight. From there, just a little more…

1 Like

9-7 Lower

Stetch a little
Band leg curl, band abduction, band internal hip rotation x 3 times
Standing Knee Raise + Hold, step down, hip hinge with ass against wall x 3 times

Zercher GM
100 x 7

Goblet Squat, Heels Up, 9 Count Down
30 x 5 x 3 sets

Dead Bug Holding Band x 5
Cable Straight Arm Pulldown x 20
Deep Lunging with front foot elevated x 5
3 rounds

1 Like

These were pretty cool to get the abs and lats working together.

Some day I could attach the band sideways and get some Pallof press action.

1 Like

9-8 AM Sled

Power Walk x 150 feet down and back x 2

Walk Backwards x 150 feet down and back x 2

Lunchtime Upper

Stretch upper body with arm in band stuff

Low trap raise, internal/external rotation on incline bench, scap pushup x 3 rounds
Band Face Pull anchored High, band pushdown, band chest pump x 3 rounds

Arnold Press
4’s up to 50

3-3-3-3 Pushup x 4 reps x 3 sets

JM Press x barbell x 10 reps
Tate Press x 10s x 20 reps
3 pairs

Wrist Roller x 40 x roll backwards, roll forwards x 2 times
Hammer Curl x 20s x 12 reps
3 pairs

Monster Mini High Facepull x 20
MM Band Pushdown x 20
DB Shrug/DB Rosin Incline Bench x 15s x 20/20
2 rounds

Really light weights so my triceps could not hide from JMs or Tates.

My refrigerator was fucking up and got to room temperature inside before I learned how to fix it and I had to throw away a bunch of food. As I looked for the problem I did cleaning and maintance on every working piece of that SOB until I found that the wire harness connected to the thermostat had corroded and the ground was flapping loose. And by that time I had learned enough that I knew what all those words meant and how they were fucking up my fridge.

So I learned a little bit about home appliances and finally got rid of all those gross old bottles and containers in the refrigerator.

4 Likes

9-10 Lower

Stretch ham,glute, hip/quad

Band leg curl, band abduction, band hip internal rotation x 3 times

Standing hip flexion, step down on incline board, bend over with butt against wall x 3

Step Ups
x 5 x 8 minutes EMOM

Heel Elevated KB Goblet Squat, 9 Count eccentric
30/35/35/30 x 5

Cable Straight Arm Pulldown x 25
Banded Dead Bug x 6
Foot Elevated Deep Lunge x 6
3 rounds

Seated Calf x 25 pounds x 35 reps
1 Leg Tibia Raise x BW x 10
3 rounds

So money!

Denim Dan: The Next Generation

3 Likes

9-10 Sled

High/Medium/Low Row x 150 feet down and back

Overhead Tricep Extensions x 150 feet down and back

Shoulder Stuff from 3 x World Champ, Olympic Champ and Multi World Record Holder Liao Hui. Dude has his own gym assistant intern.

Lu Raises
Slow and controlled
10 reps x 4-6 sets, every day
You’ll see results in 2 weeks

Band Resisted Shoulder Rotations
5 times forward
5 times backward

1 Like

been curious about this. Please do post about it in two weeks lol

1 Like

In this video dude is bench pressing with a short mini band pulling “out” on his elbow to practice keeping his elbows in position.

In this picture the therapist is helping a guy with tendonitis. The tension from the strap helps the forearm/upper arm bones glide past each other smoothly as sick guy makes a gripping motion.

Somewhere Thibadeau had a tip about using bands pulling out on your elbows to cue more triceps in a bench press.

I’m going to try to scap pushups and maybe regular pushups rigged up that way and see if anything cool happens. Maybe on tricep extensions or something too.