8-1: 85x2
8-29: 90x2 +Red Band
10-26: 100x2 +Red Band

PVC Hub Lift
8-8: 27.5
9-12: 30
10-5: 35

Next max day, Europinch 170!

Yard work is an underrated workout. I used to have to mow with an old fashioned push mower when I lived on a subtropical island; where only the heartiest of grasses grew.

Ready for condo life! No yard, no chores.

10-28

Get loose

Abs/Leg Abduction on Ball, against band
Suitcase carry
T.K.E.
Cable Pull thru
3 times each

Zombie Front Squats
A bunch of sets with barbell, a few sets with 65.

Plate Loaded Deadlift
2 plates x8
2.5 x8
3x8
3.5x8
4x8
4.5x 10

Sled Power Walk
3 plates x 36 steps x 4 trips
4 plates x 36 steps x 2 trips
5 plates x 36 steps x 2 trips

Reverse Hypers
100x25
150x25 x 3 sets

Good one

1 Like

Saturday
Band Pushdowns (35 elbows in,35 elbows out, 35 overhead)
Dumbbell Curls 25’s x 25 reps
3 times

Sunday
Leg Curls with Ankle Weights x50
Psoas Band Junk x12 each leg
Clamshell x20
3 times

10-31

Bad Girls on Ball
Half Kneeling Palloff Press
Dumbbell Scarecrow
3 times each

Cable Pull down
Dumbbell Lateral Delts
Dumbbell Flies
3x12 each

Close Grip Incline Bench
Work up to 195x1. Fat man chinups between sets

Slight Incline Dumbbell, Neutral Grip
45x12, 3 sets. Fat man Chins between sets

Cable Rear Delt, Paired With Chest Supported Iso Row
4x12 each

Seated Dumbbell Shrug, Paired with Tricep Cable Pushdowns
3x20 each

Grips
2 Finger Rack Pull: 155x5, 5 set
Pinch: 60x5 reps, 4 sets with right. 60x3, 4 sets with left

1 Like

10-1

Lay on lacrosse ball. VMO/Teardrops were really tight. Stretch pecs, flex rhomboids.

10-2

Bad Girls on Ball
Single Leg Curl
Leg Extensions
3 times

Sled Drag
90 pounds x 1 lap around building.

Step Ups
25 x8 each
35x10 each
45 x12 each

Hyper Deads
45x10
55x10
65x10
75x10

Hanging Leg Raise, Arms in Slings
3 x8

10-3

Lacrosse ball. Teardrops and Teres minor/Lats.Walking around with Ankle Weights.

10-4

Get loose. Lots of “Y-Raise” action for mid-back.

Dumbbell Rows, dumbbell pulled to hip. Felt nice.
3 sets up
60x12, 3 sets

Dumbbell Presses, Y’s between sets.
2 sets up
40x10, 3 sets

Cable Pushdowns with Long Tricep Rope/Cable Curls/Seated Shrugs with Kettlebell, forward lean.
3x12 each

Dumbbell Tricep Extensions/Dumbbell Curls with Fat Gripz.
3x12-15

Grip:
Euro Pinch- I failed at 160. Not good. This lift is officially “out” until further notice.

All those “Y’s” worked. Shoulders felt stable and in place. This made Tricep pump extra intense. On dumbbell tri-extensions, I rested the ends of the 'bell against the end of the bench, for the “static to dynamic” effect. This session was heavily influenced by Joe DeFranco’s “You’re a sorry old POS” ideas.

I like the new avatar pic. Is this you?

That’s Don “The Predator” Frye. I look a lot like that. Only sorta of crossed with Seth Rogan.

2 Likes

I just need to get more grizzled.

2 Likes

Great log man. How old are you?

Looks like you and I have some similar ailments.

Are you doing any band work for your shoulders? Have you seen any of smashwerx’s youtube vids? I like him better than starrett. Half of Staretts shit is stolen from Donnie Thompson anyways, and imo starrett makes shit impossible to understand.

Thanks man. I turn 37 next month.

I got started with Starnett 2-3 years ago, when my hips were at their worst. He was OK. That lead me to Donnie. I just finally saw Smashwerx dude last week. That’s what got me on the lacrosse ball. Band distraction combined with rolling the teres/lat/pec loosened me up enough to feel the “Y’s” really working.

I think our worst ailment is our stubbornness! We do all this BS work to get straightened out and lined up. Then we jump back into the stuff that messed us up in the first place.

Well I was gonna say, maybe a c’boy hat and moustache, but… your “woman” as you call her, is way prettier than his! So, I am thinking you won this deal! Great pic man, love the pups too.:grin:

Thanks!

10-7

Band Adductions on Ball/Abs on Ball with band
Leg Extension/Leg Curl
3 times

A few suitcase walks to get obliqued.

Plate Loaded Deadlift Machine
2 x8
3x8
3.5x8
4x8
4.5 x15

Sled Drag, Strapped to Belt
3 plates x 40 steps x 2 trips
4 plates x 40 steps x 4 trips
5 plates x 40 steps x 2 trips

A few reverse Hypers.

Tough one today. I had to unbelt from the sled to pace around and catch my breath a couple times. Banging away on the plate loaded deadlift machine has become the highlight of my lifting week.

1 Like

I think this should be how getting cold cocked side-on should be referred to:

“And in other news, a man was obliqued outside a popular venue last night. Police are appealing for witnesses”

2 Likes

It does have a cool ring to it. Like a billiards shot. Or a tactical maneuver.

Here’s a cool video.

1 Like

Using the difference to improve technique.
-My girl was squatting, 6 weeks of higher reps, setting Rep PRs with the same weight for 3 weeks before moving up. Then the plan was to use “ramped sets” for 6 weeks to build up to a new 5 rep max. This has been working great for her bench press. The high reps plan went well. She progressed every week, working up to 155 for 20. But the ramping sets didn’t go so hot, she kept stalling out around 170x5. Mentally, she was cool. Physically, she was getting stronger, so it had to be technical. But who knows what that even means?

Not sure what to do, she tried some pause squats. First week, she would “pause,” but like sink down another 3 inches instead of not moving. Then, to start the “up,” her knees came in at the beginning and way out about half way up. Not great for a pause squat, but again, what does it mean and what do we do about it?

The answer was to keep at it! Week 3, she had it figured out. She could stop where she wanted, and hold position. Her knees didn’t move in or out. You could just see her using her quads more. It was obvious then, that she had not been tight enough in the bottom position of her squats before. She must have been looking for that sneaky little bounce out of the hole. The pause taught her to keep her hips “locked” and to not let her quads “turn off” at the bottom. The definition of tightness!

It was cool for this one lift to the reveal the problem, then show us how to fix it. And improve the quads at the same time. Lunges and leg raises were not doing it. I’m hype to see what happens when we drop the pause.

3 Likes

Paused squats of any kind of the bomb. They fix so many things.

Is it possible that the “Spoto Press” or any kind of strategic pause in some kind of press would be as Chronic?

Yes, paused everything works. I set a lifetime PR on bench last cycle…after reflecting on the cycle trying to figure out what I did differently to achieve the success, I kept coming back to the spoto’s. A great way to boost the volume, with a variation, while still greasing the bench groove.

1 Like

I think the only main lift that doesn’t work so well paused is DL. I’ve tried paused DL and got pretty much nothing out it.