Clinton Campaign, DNC Funded Russia Dossier?!

What’s the alternative for the GOP? Openly invalidate an entire administration and give the Dems enough firepower to pull 75% of Congress? Trump’s base instantly sees it as betrayal and chaos ensues for their entire party.

Plus what’s the GOP to do here? If Trump promises Pence (a man whose political career was completely over pre Trump) the oval and never says a word against him, what can the GOP do to stop Pence from pardoning?

1 Like

I don’t know if they would have any good alternatives.

I’m unclear as to the scenario you’re positing. What is the sequence of events as you’re envisioning them?

No. Thats hardly evidence of collusion, though. And I always had a hard time believing the Russians preferred a president trump. Given the Uranium One revelations, that doubt is reinforced. Clinton is always ready to play ball when her wallet gets fatter.
Ironically, it was that level of curruption that led me to believe she would have been a better president than obama. She’s not a true believer, she’s willing to play ball. Obama was a true believer and stuck to his guns. Guns I didn’t like.

Trump steps down. Pence pardons Trump. GOP so willing to change the subject they don’t pursue Trump or Pence to save themselves

In this scenario, did Trump pardon anyone prior to stepping down?

Buying ads on FB is not illegal or “bad” or evil or whatever. Ads pay the bills. Not evidence of collusion by any stretch and still not convinced of any reason why the Russians would even acruelly prefer trump when Clinton has historically given them what they wanted.

Ford pardoned Nixon. May have cost them the election of '76 or maybe Watergate itself was enough to keep republicans from winning the election.

The only crime you are going to get Trump on is if any of the sexual harassment cases have merit and win. Otherwise you will have to wait for a future Trump mistep to get him out.
The case for Russia collusion has all but evaporated.

1 Like

You should probably wait until next week before making this statement.

3 Likes

If I were playing vegas odds, I’d bet against any major indictments against the Trump administration at this point. There’s just been nothing there. A little conjecture, but no smoking guns. If something major were coming I’d think we’d have some idea about who and what given the coverage.

Eh, Mueller has run a very tight ship so far and there have been nearly no leaks pertaining to his investigation; so we’re likely unaware if “smoking guns” exist or not.

If I was going to bet, I’d say it’s Manafort who’s on the block. The question is: what is the charge? If the charge specifically relates to some sort of collusion, or conspiracy, with Russia, I’d say it looks very bad for Team Trump. If it’s some peon, or the charge is for something prior/unrelated to the Trump campaign, it’s anybody’s guess.

But there are many on the right who think it’s Hillary (lol). And Trump’s recent tweets certainly indicate that’s the narrative he’s going with.

1 Like

Only the ones he cares about saving. I’d imagine he can’t pardon EVERYONE. Prob just family and senior staff.

Clinton has a long standing tradition of openly badmouthing Putin for his social policies. I’m still struggling how you and others don’t understand that. Putin openly dislikes the Clintons.

It’s not like Pence would be under the illusion he has a chance of winning re election. He’s a career failure pol with no real positive attributes other than pulling in the Jesus vote.

Smoking tweet

2 Likes

I think if Trump pardoned his family, then resigned, and was subsequently pardoned by Pence, it would have devastating electoral consequences up and down the ballot for the GOP.

Yep. Also, Putin believes HRC was personally responsible for instigating the Russian anti-Putin demonstrations of 2011.

"Prime Minister Vladimir V. Putin accused Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday of inciting unrest in Russia, as he grappled with the prospect of large-scale political protest for the first time in his more than decade-long rule.

In a rare personal accusation, Mr. Putin said Mrs. Clinton had sent “a signal” to “some actors in our country” after Sunday’s parliamentary elections, which were condemned as fraudulent by both international and Russian observers. Anger over the elections prompted a demonstration in which thousands chanted “Putin is a thief” and “Russia without Putin,” a development that has deeply unnerved the Kremlin."

That’s why Sputnik News treated (and still treats) HRC worse than Breitbart did:

While Trump still gets “a good and honest man in the clutches of evil courtiers” treatment.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m just not sure what control the GOP has over that outcome anymore.

Yup. By cozying up to Trump–by ignoring, defending or (in some cases) abetting his outrageous behavior–they’ve put themselves in a tough spot, now doubt. If/when he pulls the rug out from under them, they will either have to go along with his escape narrative (which will make them look craven, conspiratorial and ridiculous) or feign shock, pretending they had no idea Trump was capable of such outrageous and unethical actions (which will make them look stupid).

1 Like

Dude look up the law. Treason can only happen if you give aid and comfort to the enemy, in time of war. Real war. The Rosenbergs gave nuclear secrets to the Soviet Union allowing them to produce nuclear weapons. That was not treason. We were not at war with the USSR. They were executed for espionage
Stop miss using the word

1 Like

Well, a cursory search on Wikipedia gave the following results - US citizens tried and sentenced for treason. Among a dozen or so, these stand out:

John Brown, convicted of treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia in 1859 and executed for attempting to organize armed resistance to slavery.

Walter Allen was convicted of treason on September 16, 1922 for taking part in the 1921 Miner’s March with the coal companies and the US Army on Blair Mountain, West Virginia. He was sentenced to 10 years and fined. During his appeal to the Supreme Court he disappeared while out on bail. United Mineworkers of America leader William Blizzard was acquitted of the charge of treason by the jury on May 25, 1922.

So much for that.

Also, something I’ve also noticed - Russian media still uses the possessive “nash” meaning “ours” to describe Trump.

1 Like

Article 3, Section 3:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Washington posts says most likely Manifort on money laundering. But then again the post is a mm thats been around decades prolly fake news. Im sure some frothing at the mouth dude on YouTube has better info

1 Like