Clinton Campaign, DNC Funded Russia Dossier?!

Then what were you referring to?

Sure, by not having a system the Russian could hack. By absolutely NO means was it “caught in time.”

Also,

If ‘fake news’ is the standard, the meddling is constant, unwavering and never ending. We get fed bullshit all the time on the news.

I would consider it a hostile act, when a reputable news organization was hacked or duped in to producing false stories. I see ‘fake news articles’ all the time. I see them in the back of magazines and news papaers and links on web pages. You know the part that’s called "Paid content’? That’s ‘fake news’… “See Jenna tuck those triple 'E’s in to an C cup over night!”

Which part? The HRC/UBL photoshop? Even BBC felt compelled to weigh in

But this trope is old - here’s a popular “spontaneous” anti-American exhibition in the center of Moscow in fall of 2016, again the HRC/UBL photoshop as an official exhibit.

“Hillary wants to start WW3” has also been going on for years, “Bitch Hillary wants a new operation Barbarossa against Russia”… I’ve literally lost track, there were so many of them.

Every Infowars and Breitbart meme you saw during the campaign was making rounds years before on Russian social media, usually much less polished and more outrageous.

Interestingly, the second most hated man after HRC in Russia is…Mitt Romney, and he was also the target of fake news:

During a forum in Moscow, sponsored by the Russian Defense Ministry, senior Russian general, Sergei Kuralenko, quoted Mitt Romney’s alleged 2012 statement as follows:

Our target is Russia. Russia is a threat to the whole human race. Our goal is to force Russia to devour itself from the inside, bringing turmoil and division to its society. … If the series of measures listed above don’t work, we will have no other choice but to declare a quick and victorious war against this country. We destroyed the Soviet Union, and we will destroy Russia.

Romney’s “quote” was projected on the screen, including the following “measures”: “We will set the Chechens, Tatars, Bashkirs, Dagestani against the Russian… We must make them fight against one other. We must multiply actions aimed at discrediting the Russian Orthodox Church.”

Kuralenko added that “nearly 50 percent of Americans voted for Romney,” emphasizing public support for such views by average Americans.

In reality, Mitt Romney never made any such statements. In fact, his harshest assertion identified Russia as our number one geopolitical foe. Romney never publicly called for Russia’s destruction.

1 Like

So a foreign hostile country producing fake news always constitutes “meddling?” I’m confused, as you said

When would publishing fake news about another country to sway their national election be NOT fake news? At what point in time did we broaden the definition?

Okay, so even in the face of contrary evidence you don’t believe it? Okay, now I am done. This is more than ‘agree to disagree’, this is, ‘nu uh’ in the face of facts.

I don’t really have this big of a man crush on dude, but good lord the fact he wouldn’t have beaten trump for the nomination pisses me the fuck off.

His tax plan was better too.

1 Like

What facts am I disagreeing with? Specifically, so I can address them. Promise I’m not trolling.

https://www.kent.edu/is/secureit/august-2016-democratic-national-committee-email-hack

In other words, they were warned and didn’t want assistance to stop intrusions.

What I’m about to say is going to make me sound like a dick, but I don’t mean it as such. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about re: preventing hacking. When you’re up against the collective might of a nuclear superpower like Russia (or god forbid the USA) the only way to stop a a hack with certainty is the have near equal govt level protection.

Short of the govt giving the DNC the level of stopping power the NSA uses (or something roughly equatable), “stopping” the hack wasn’t an option.

Furthermore, I don’t put the burden on the hackee any more than I put the burden of stopping a rape on the rape victim.

Like you said, we disagree on the magnitude of the intrusion and its effect. If you click on ‘Paid content’ you know it’s an add. That’s what paid content is.
Unless they are presenting themselves as the WaPo or NY Times, CNN, Fox News, then it’s some serious shit. If their are presenting as paid content under some bullshit name like “News Now!” then my nose is not out of joint. There’s literally no way to stop this. You kill one ad it can be replaced by something else, from any where in the world. The only protection is don’t click.

Then how did they stop it? If it cannot be stopped then how and why was it?
These public domains are protect-able.

How was what stopped? The hack that actually happened? The one that wasn’t stopped?

They secured their network. It’s not rocket science to run a secure network. My brother has a personal network and he set it up to alert him of intrusions real time. He gets hit at least a couple a week. The preponderance from China some from India. He can tell by the IP Addresses they use and he tracks their address stack down to the MAC address; a little counter espionage he calls it. He let’s them in one layer to block their multi-tear protocols they try to hide behind. And that’s a personal network and people are trying to hack it all the time. And they cannot. It’s not that he’s got anything worth anything to anybody unless they are really into baby pictures, but these mo-mo’s just scour the web for unsecured networks they can break into.
Podesta actually introduced the phishing bug into the DNC, unknowingly clicking on on a private email while at work (in the DNC) and that caused the vulnerability in the system.
The most securing thing to do in an emergency is pull the plug. Machines still need electricity to run. If you are in a massively secure institution, you have a check list of fail-safe procedures, one of which is ‘in case of active intrusion, pull the fucking cable out’. That’s the fastest way to stop it. I have written such checklists before, which is why I know every organization has one. They are part of the day to day normal operations.
The DNC was warned in April that their systems were compromised. The Russians didn’t come down to America and secretly plugin to some secure line, they did it from the comfort of home.

Honestly, all the DNC had to do was to run the ‘Windows Update’ on their servers and the exploited holes would have been plugged. Betcha they run it every week now.
I am assuming they are running Windows domains, as those are the most common and most exploited.

I should make one of those computer security companies for Windows environments. I’d just run Windows Update on all their machines collect a check and leave. Easy money.