Clinton Campaign, DNC Funded Russia Dossier?!

All that means is PT Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute.
If people are swayed by fake shit and do no research on their own, it’s on them alone.
If those ads worked it’s not the fault of the ads or the people that posted them. It’s the fault of suckers who buy horseshit hook, line and sinker.
If you don’t look for the facts you won’t find them.
I’ve seen thousands of ads for ‘sex lines’ and never called one. It has nothing to do with my desire for sex and everything to do with recognizing bullshit (and a minor phobia of VD).

Sure, but in the end people are responsible for their own decisions. Ads suggest, people themselves decide if they want to act on those suggestions.
Freewill is a thing. If you don’t believe in it then there is no reason to complain.

I don’t…just saying it had some influence…to the extent of how much nobody knows… However keep in mind people dont spend $$$ on stuff that dont work

People, companies, governments all spend money on thing s that don’t work. Two quick examples: GNC exists and:

download (9)

3 Likes

So Tony Podesta stepped down from the Podesta group, while blaming Fox News like a little bitch. They are company B. Both Mercury and Podesta Group are going with “we worked for a non profit trying to get Ukraine into the EU”.

I say this only half joking but: Uniparty confirmed? If the Russians wanted both sides to look bad, that’ll do. @loppar

Podesta Group threatened Fox News as if they didn’t take money and aren’t in the indictment.

1 Like

More thoughtful commentary from the WSJ

The Manafort Indictment The Manafort Indictment - WSJ

Are we now in a world where we blame propaganda on the people seeing the propaganda? Guess it makes sense. Must be why Putin’s such a nice guy. He doesn’t spread propaganda and murder his citizens, they’re just idiots for not verifying it and getting out of the way of bullets!

Don’t even get me started on Hitler. Guy never spread any propaganda in his life. Was just a bunch of idiot Germans that didn’t independently verify the facts.

3 Likes

No they didn’t. Yanukovich campaigned on this to win the election, reneged on his promises immediately afterwards according to Kremlin’s plan and tried to formalize Ukraine’s dependence on Russia when massive protests ensued that eventually toppled him.

No one could have worked for Yanukovich without getting clearance from the Kremlin. Ukraine is the focal point of their foreign policy and Yanukovich was just a hapless puppet.

And yes, option b) for Russia was a “democracy doesn’t work” message contrasting their “wise, all powerful leader that brings stability” and the “so called democracy and sham elections where a shrill bitch lost to a naive well meaning fool who’s constanly being sabotaged by the Deep State and/or the Jews.”

3 Likes

I believe the lobbyists were dirty, just enjoyed their public statements about non profits and the EU.

you got me there… but damn she looks good doing shake weights… just meant nobody drops big$$$ on social media if it doesnt work… Trust me it works

I watched Tuck last night not bad…did you guys see Hanity last night? Dudes on another level of denial,Hes like the wife that gets her ass kicked by husband than tells everyone its her fault than makes him a sandwitch

Can’t say I ever tried it, but the reviews weren’t so hot…

We use the term propaganda here a little loosely. Most ads are technically propaganda, but not propaganda in the sense of what the Nazis or Soviets or Cubans, etc. did which was to put forth propaganda (untrue information about something) to the exclusion of all other information. We don’t have that here. We can receive bad information but we can also check if it’s bad. Fact checking in oppressive regimes could get you killed.
I can agree though that getting good, clear, honest info is harder to do now than has been in the not to recent past, but it’s get-able. No matter what you think of the U.S., we’re not even close to being a truly oppressive regime in the spirit of the extremes listed.

“…hold my beer.” - the Dems, probably

1 Like

No subscription :frowning:

A govt lied about something political in nature. Feels like the exact time to use the word propaganda to me.

This couldn’t matter less to me re: Russia intentionally publishing fake news to influence our election. The existence in history of worse propaganda has a value of zero.

Similarly, when I was in support of gay marriage prior to legalization, I was not moved an inch by the fact that gays have historically been executed for being gay in other countries.

1 Like

Strawman. We were talking about the influence of ads. Not whether or not the entire government lied about something.

You introduced the comparison and now say the comparison does not matter. Second, this isn’t the first time this happened nor will it be the last. If your influenced by blast-o-grams on FB were more credible information is easily available and you choose not to avail yourself of it, its your own fault. If FB only runs Chevy ads, will you only buy Chevy cars and trucks?

Well aren’t you virtuous. Good for you.

You said we use the word propaganda loosely around here. Russia’s use of fake FB ads meets the definition of propaganda to the letter. Couldn’t be less of a strawman.

I introduced the comparison to show the potential cause and effect when these things run rampant.

Also, the comparison matters in the sense that it happened. In regards to adding some sort of weight to something happening today, it matters not a bit.

No argument here. But since this is the human race we’re talking about, and propaganda has worked throughout all of human history, this doesn’t sway me re: foreign hostile nuclear superpower fucking around with our elections.

Wasn’t all that difficult. Just took some basic human decency on my part.

3 Likes

I think if Trump takes advice from Bannon he’s a moron… He fired that guy… As we say in the hood…he being set up for failure… but smarts not his thing so enjoy the show boys Americans season 6 is pretty good. I heard surprise visit from KGB agent Urine Kostextra

1 Like

As someone who has had access to thousands of sets of books, had many conversations with people looking to start their own business, is very familiar with venture capital and clients asking “should I invest in X” I can tell you, this statement you made isn’t really correct.

Over a long enough time line, yes, you are 100% correct, but in the shorter terms, people will no doubt piss away millions on a lousy bet.

Shit, gambling alone proves you wrong here, lol.

so… the truth? lmao (I’m joking before any of you get sticks up your ass.)

I don’t know how anyone watches those shows. I’ve seen clips of Carlson on youtube, those 4 or 5 mins is enough “this should be your opinion” for me.

1 Like