T Nation

Climber with Insane Relative Strength

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
People here crack me up. This dude is doing one-armed pullups with a fucking finger, repping one-armed pushups FIFTY TIMES and throwing himself around like Peter Parker and some folks are acting like it’s no big deal. Everything that dude did in that vid is unbelievably impressive.[/quote]

I guess you haven’t spent much time around decent climbers then.

BBB[/quote]

OR chimpanzees.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
People here crack me up. This dude is doing one-armed pullups with a fucking finger, repping one-armed pushups FIFTY TIMES and throwing himself around like Peter Parker and some folks are acting like it’s no big deal. Everything that dude did in that vid is unbelievably impressive.[/quote]

BBB[/quote]

? If one 200lb lifter benches 400lbs and another 200lb lifter benches 500, does that make the 400lb bencher any less impressive?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In the eye of the masses both are impressive

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

BBB[/quote]

? If one 200lb lifter benches 400lbs and another 200lb lifter benches 500, does that make the 400lb bencher any less impressive?[/quote]

To other benchers or people who have seen even more impressive feats, I would say ‘yes’.

And in fact if I saw these 2 mythical benchers side by side, I would of course consider the 500lb bencher more impressive. You wouldn’t I take it?

BBB[/quote]

Yes, but I’d still be pretty damn impressed by the 4 hundo. Just 'cause you’ve seen other climbers do equally or more impressive stuff doesn’t make what the guy in the vid accomplished pedestrian. 1 finger chins and 50 1-armed pushups is no joke.

For real iv tried rock climbing and bouldering but cant do it for that long due to my hands being torn up. Thats either calouses being ripped off or skin being cut or like raw skin from the rocks. Does anyone have any helpful tips for that besides athletic tape?

They do gradually adapt, depends also on what rock you are climbing on–over here gritstone used to tear my hands up due to the jamming techniques needed, other rock much less so.

Chalk can make things worse for some as it can cause skin splits.

Some reccomend a moisturiser as well to keep skin supple.

Anyone ever seen this guy

Go to ~1:10 for insanity.

Too bad he fell to his death. Definitely a fuckin’ adrenaline junkie.
His last jump

If somebody does push-ups all their life I wouldn’t be that impressed if they did 100 straight pushups. That’s like a running back with NFL timed 4.7 speed, or a sprinter with Olympic 10.1s. When you hear that your like who cares. Yet they can probably run faster than anybody on this site. Kind of the same with rock climbing.

The bench analogy only works because 400 isn’t an average 200lb bench, more like 315.

ok…

While we have to train the finger, for arm, back, leg strength to accomplish this sport… You all focus on the reps, the weight, the form of such exercises. And compare the indoor gym tec you have preformed. In your search for your perfect body conformation. And while sweat, time, determination, and the motivation to get that conformation is impressive. I am one who is motivated to do the same. Appreciate and recognize you all for your diligence.

However this conversation is lacking!

Not much has been mentioned on The Biggest factor of all! You are all watching these absolute fearsome athletes do something you may not be able to accomplish. And actually criticizing them?! Wow Really?

The Biggest Factor :|“The Rock Worriers Way”

The mental grind to be so focused on your next hand hold. The next pitch. And the confidence in your partner … so you can take that next risk and still be in your comfort zone. It is this beautiful fluid motion, confident placement, commitment on the next move. Breathing. The push and Pull sometimes at the same time…HOLD>>>> then the next move… connect! Breath! If you have tried climbing you know what I am talking about right now. If not… Well act before you talk. This is not for every Tom DICK and Harry.

This sport is intense! To say the least! And the most fun, I personally have ever had! I can see that the two, Training and Mental focus are necessary. They go hand in hand. I Respect Both.

I admire what these ppl can do. I look up to them and practice to achieve only a fraction of there ability!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

What the fuck was that at 3:20? Did I just watch some dude fall to his death?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

What the fuck was that at 3:20? Did I just watch some dude fall to his death?
[/quote]

He’s wearing a BASE parachute.

He’s wearing a BASE parachute.[/quote]

take it easy, bro. no need to yell.

j/k

thanks for clearing that up.

Eh? That’s not technically a 1 finger pullup in my book. My climber friend does 2 finger pullups, but actually on a ledge or hold, not with a loop of material to hand onto. Much harder.

And the campusing (leaping and roping from one ledge to another) is standard climber practice.

Nothing very impressive there, sorry.

BBB[/quote]

Ya thats a 1 finger pullup… i love how people want to say ohhh i know a guy that can do this or that… Well where is your buddies video. This is a feat of strength and conditioning that you will never come close to in your life, and i doubt any on this whole forum can post themselves doing… Less than 1 in a million people can even do a one arm chin up with all there fingers…