T Nation

Climate Reporting

MELBOURNE: Airing the views of climate change sceptics in the media may only be serving to keep the global warming controversy boiling, argue scientists.

Leading climate change experts have warned the World Conference of Science Journalists in Melbourne, Australia, that a balanced view does not always reflect the consensus of the research community.

Kevin Hennessy, a lead scientist with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said yesterday that media attention on “the view of a handful of climate change sceptics” amplifies their opinions and “implies that there is little agreement about the basic facts of global warming”.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1229

Go back to your old avatar.

[quote]ssn0 wrote:

Leading climate change experts have warned the World Conference of Science Journalists in Melbourne, Australia, that a balanced view does not always reflect the consensus of the research community.
[/quote]

Sounds like a great way to shut down debate. Bush should try this tactic with Iraq. Or taxes. or anything. I’m sure everyone would agree with him and shut up.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:

Sounds like a great way to shut down debate. Bush should try this tactic with Iraq. Or taxes. or anything. I’m sure everyone would agree with him and shut up.[/quote]

You don’t understand, our children and every manner of cute fuzzy animal will be boiled alive when we unleash an up-regulating climate cycle that turns the surface of our planet into something like Venus.

[quote]lucasa wrote:

You don’t understand, our children and every manner of cute fuzzy animal will be boiled alive when we unleash an up-regulating climate cycle that turns the surface of our planet into something like Venus.[/quote]

Good, then I won’t have to mow the lawn so damn much.

I just can’t wait to see the world get as hot as it was when Greenland was discovered. And named for it’s vast sheets of ice…