Climate Change...

It’s all going to be over within the next hundred years anyways.

God’s coming…

[quote]FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…[/quote]

Now you’re just trolling. GO THE FUCK AWAY

Global warming? Bring it on. We’ll just grow oranges in Alaska.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
Global warming? Bring it on. We’ll just grow oranges in Alaska.[/quote]

What will they grow in Florida then? In fact, except for a giant Depends wearing playpen, what the hell good will Florida be?

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’m always amazed by the head in the sand responses.

There are so many good reasons to avoid this issue. Well, it would cost money to do something about it. Well, we can’t be certain exactly what effect we’ve had, it is hard to quantify. Well, there could also be non-human causes for this.

One of the things the human race does best is rationalize their actions or lack of actions.

I do believe that the majority of real scientists are truly concerned about this issue. The fact that certain gases reflect infrared radiation is not in question. The fact that we, as humans, release megatons of these gases every year due to industrial processes is not in question.

We are having an effect.

This risk is huge. However, like the problem of social security, it is likely to impact people other than us, so we’ll (future generations) probably never do anything about it until it is too late anyway.[/quote]

Just because we don’t agree with the worst case scenario laid out be some doesn’t mean our heads are in the sand.
The last 2 ‘excuses’ you gave for non-action are actually quite valid. If it can’t be quantified, and therefore we can’t tell what, if any, human factors are involved, what solutions would you or anyone else propose?

Your ‘belief’ about the number of ‘real’ scientists who believe is your ‘rationalization’ for your opinion. I don’t have a problem with that, we all look for things that support our opinions, but it doesn’t make it any more so than those who believe otherwise. And I would take issue with it anyways, because I’ve read plenty from those who downplay actual human involvement as a major or even significant factor.

As I questioned another poster. If we can’t quantify the actual effect or the causes thereof–just exactly how do we take any steps to ‘fix the problem.’

I know we could do some of the obvious pollutant reduction ideas, but if we don’t even know if that will have any sig. effect–have we really done anything?

I don’t know if Global Warming is real or not. But isn’t it better to err on the side of caution?

What if Global Warming is real? And in 50 years it’s too late to do anything about it. What are the anti-Global Warming lobbyists going to say then? “Oops, my bad.” As cities flood and people die.

And really… is there ANY positive to greenhouse gases?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

Now you’re just trolling. GO THE FUCK AWAY[/quote]

I can say whatever I want, when I want, and how I want. There is nothing you can do about it. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Try to stick to saying things that you would actually say in person. I’ve never had someone ever talk the way you do over the internet to my face.

[quote]m_mackenz wrote:
I don’t know if Global Warming is real or not. But isn’t it better to err on the side of caution?

What if Global Warming is real? And in 50 years it’s too late to do anything about it. What are the anti-Global Warming lobbyists going to say then? “Oops, my bad.” As cities flood and people die.

And really… is there ANY positive to greenhouse gases?[/quote]

How much do we cut CO2 emissions?

If the alarmists are correct we must virtually eliminate all use of energy sources that produce CO2 in order to get the atmosphere back to what it was. This will take decades. Global warming will still occur because we are past the tipping point. There is no return.

Do you want to live 20 years with energy developed only through the use of solar, wind, hydro and nukes for the next 20 to 40 years?

It would be a completely different world and would likely reverse the growth of the worlds population.

This is what will be necessary if the alarmists are correct.

This is not what is being proposed by Kyoto. Kyoto does not go nearly far enough to work (if the theory is correct).

Kyoto basically calls for a slow in emissions and allows the big CO2 producers to buy carbon credits from the small CO2 producers.

And is there anything postive to the misnamed greenhouse gases? Absolutely.

FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

I can say whatever I want, when I want, and how I want. There is nothing you can do about it. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Try to stick to saying things that you would actually say in person. I’ve never had someone ever talk the way you do over the internet to my face.

[/quote]

My man, there is nothing I say to anyone that I would not say to their face. I’m not a nice guy.

I don’t appreciate your religious interludes when I’m trying to get a serious discussion about global warming, especially among those who know alot about the sciences (a weak point of mine).

So once again. Fuck off.

FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

My man, there is nothing I say to anyone that I would not say to their face. I’m not a nice guy.

I don’t appreciate your religious interludes when I’m trying to get a serious discussion about global warming, especially among those who know alot about the sciences (a weak point of mine).

So once again. Fuck off.[/quote]

Well I think you’re nice.

In a pricky sort of way.

FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

So once again. Fuck off.[/quote]

I don’t believe you. You have no idea who I am. It’s a different story when you see the person.

You wouldn’t walk up to an ultimate fighter champion and tell him to fuck off.

You wouldn’t walk up to a 6’3, 280 pound linebacker and tell him to fuck off.

You don’t know me.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

So once again. Fuck off.

Well I think you’re nice.

In a pricky sort of way. [/quote]

Hahaha. I think the same could be said about you. It somehow all makes sense…

[quote]m_mackenz wrote:

And really… is there ANY positive to greenhouse gases?[/quote]

Sure, it gives plants something to breath. Imagine if they didn’t have any co2 to process. They would all die, and the world would become a barren wasteland of airborne dust and erosion.

FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
FlyingEmuOfDoom wrote:

God’s coming…

So once again. Fuck off.

I don’t believe you. You have no idea who I am. It’s a different story when you see the person.

You wouldn’t walk up to an ultimate fighter champion and tell him to fuck off.

You wouldn’t walk up to a 6’3, 280 pound linebacker and tell him to fuck off.

You don’t know me.
[/quote]

Nor do you know me. You have no idea the things that I would do.

So fuck off.

about me???!!!

I’m turning over a new leaf for 2006.

Just call me “stay on topic sas” from now on.

Except in the political forum–everyone gets a free ride there. Oh that’s right–we’re there

So…Peace

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
m_mackenz wrote:

Sure, it gives plants something to breath. Imagine if they didn’t have any co2 to process. They would all die, and the world would become a barren wasteland of airborne dust and erosion.
[/quote]

Remember when erosion was the worst thing we had to worry about?

FightinIrish,

While I will agree that you certainly have proven to us that you think you are a worldly individual-tough guy, I wonder if it is possible for you to address the topic at hand and stay on point?

The discussion/debate is entitled: Climate Change

You have not presented any evidence to support what I believe would be your contention (from other comments) that global warming is indeed a real manmade threat to our existence. So let’s see the counterpoint. Or are you sticking to the "Only hicks and rednecks could not believe in global warming’ as your sole platform?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
about me???!!!

I’m turning over a new leaf for 2006.

Just call me “stay on topic sas” from now on.

Except in the political forum–everyone gets a free ride there. Oh that’s right–we’re there

So…Peace[/quote]

Hahahhahahah

Stay on topic Sas huh…it kind of flows

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
m_mackenz wrote:

[/quote]

But if we give the plants an unlimited supply of co2 they will rise up against us and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! I don’t know about you, but I don’t want a 30 foot tulip telling me what to do.

Sarcasm aside, I will re-word my question. Is there any positive to EXCESSIVE greenhouse gas procution?

And I know what you will ask next. How do you define ‘EXCESSIVE’? And the answer is: I can’t. Should we aim to return to the greenhouse gas production level of a pre-industrial society? Obviously that is impossible. But should we do nothing? I think that would be very irresponsible. Possibly damning future generations for the comfort of our own.

God’s coming…[/quote]

Some people like myself believe that God is “here”, and never really left us.

Orginized religion sucks.