Clicking Knees, Should I Worry?

Hey all,

Quick Question:
When I begin to do squats I hear a “click” every time I go down (ass to grass front squats) for a few sets. I do a light warm up before squating. I don’t feel any kind of pain but the sound alone worries me. I never had any problems with my knees, and when I go running 1-2 times a week everything is fine.

Should I worry? Anyone experience anything similar? Should I take some joint supplement?

Thanks

i have the same prob… My doc told me that if there’s no pain its no big deal. He gave me a mechanical description of what causes it and it was just like, it sticks along the track then jumps forward. If you injure a tendon, bone, or cartilege, you’ll feel it (pain not clicking).

I’ve heard good things about fish oil. I tried some generic fish oil from a friend and chewed up the tablet and it tasted rancid. Screw that.

Fish oil will go rancid. Keep it refrigerated and in an opaque container. Taste it from time to time. If it tastes rancid throw out the whole bottle. It is worthwhile, don’t let a bad experience turn you away from it. It probably will not help this situation though.

Crepitus does not require treatment and is harmless if there is no pain associated with it.

[quote]samfarkus wrote:
I’ve heard good things about fish oil. I tried some generic fish oil from a friend and chewed up the tablet and it tasted rancid. Screw that.

[/quote]

LOL I’m pretty sure you don’t chew the tab, just swallow. [that’s what she said]