Clicking in the Hip Region

I kind off always experienced this, but after a long time off from hanging leg raises and lying hip thrusts, I got back to it, and I want to get this sorted out.

So here is what’s happening, when doing either one of these moves, let’s say lying on the floor letting my feet “touch” the floor then bringing them back up, then down again. Well, when I let my feet go down again, there is a bit of a clicking sensation in my hip.

See below for picture.

To be a bit more precise, when I go back down with my feet at around angle 45 from the floor, I have this clicking thing in my hip region, it doesn’t feel lke something bone related, rather tendons, or ligaments.

I went to the Sport MD, he felt it and said that there was nothing to worry about, and gave me a prescription for massage/rehab therapy, and said I had to work on my flexibility, mobility.

Well, I don’t have the couple 100â?¬ to go see some bozo, when I am pretty sure he isn’t going to do anything magic (been there done that with my shoulder).

Long story short, anyone of you lifters have experienced this or not, and would like to share advice, rehab moves, know what this is etc … I am thinking my hip flexors are the reason behind the click as I can’t feel it on the outter side of my hip, but it’s just an idea.

Cheers.

I have clicking in my sacro-iliac region every time I do hanging leg raises. Dunno if that’s where yours is, but mine never seemed to bother me.

My problem feels like tendon rubbing against bone

My hips pop all of the time, sometimes during regular activities like walking. I never thought too much of it, and it’s never caused me any problems.

You said your problem feels like tendon against bone - do you experience any pain?
Also, how’s your hip mobility? If a sport MD told you your mobiilty is lacking, it very well may be (I doubt those people have high expectations for hip mobility). Check out some of Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson’s articles - they’re incredibly helpful.

[quote]Benway wrote:
My hips pop all of the time, sometimes during regular activities like walking. I never thought too much of it, and it’s never caused me any problems.

You said your problem feels like tendon against bone - do you experience any pain?
Also, how’s your hip mobility? If a sport MD told you your mobiilty is lacking, it very well may be (I doubt those people have high expectations for hip mobility). Check out some of Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson’s articles - they’re incredibly helpful.[/quote]

Painfull nope. Annoying? Well it sure is. Hip mobility is good, he actually commented on how good it is, asked me if I ever did some kind of dancing (classical), but flexibility is really poor, hammies and adductors.

Guess I’ll have to work on that.