Cleveland Show vs King of the Hill

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
King of the Hill was a quality show and Hank Hill is a great role model.

I liked the Cleveland show. It didn’t suck nearly as much as I thought it would. Hopefully it gets better.

And Seth McFarlane’s liberal, atheist, and gay sympathizing views bother me. But his shows are funny.

Yeah, Stewie saying the Dark Ages wouldn’t have happened but for Christianity was pretty stupid, along with a lot of other crap like that.

Shock humor is fine but some of Family Guy is too much.

[/quote]

I don’t like all the political jokes and religion bashing. It gets old and not funny very quick. I did enjoy the earlier seasons of Family Guy when they didn’t have to insult everything that didn’t agree with them.

Futurama is a great show. Still watch it whenever possible. On a side note, that episode where Fry finds out about his nephew is quite good but sad.

What about All Drawn Together? We got 2 seasons of that here and that was pretty funny.

No more Futurama? WTF??

[quote]stockzy wrote:
What about All Drawn Together? We got 2 seasons of that here and that was pretty funny.

No more Futurama? WTF??[/quote]

Futurama’s been cancelled for at least 5 years, but they’ve put out a few straight to DVD movies that are continuing the story. The first one was pretty good, second was just alright and haven’t seen the rest.

I think comedy central picked up 26 new episodes of Futurama which they are going to air next year. This is not including the 2 or 3 DVDs they put out recently. Family Guy used to be funny in short spurts but it seems like all the writers do now is go out of their way to shock and offend. No substance.

[quote]Tallguyy76 wrote:
I think comedy central picked up 26 new episodes of Futurama which they are going to air next year. This is not including the 2 or 3 DVDs they put out recently. Family Guy used to be funny in short spurts but it seems like all the writers do now is go out of their way to shock and offend. No substance. [/quote]

That would be awesome. Dude, I damn near got into a war on this site trashing Family Guy about two years ago. Family Guy steals from early Simpsons so blatantly/frequently [minus the laughs and substance] it’s insane. Everything that the Family Guy has to offer is completely stolen with a whole bunch of random, crude nonsense thrown in. Family Guy sucks.

Kinda funny how I just now saw this thread right in the middle of me watching king of the hill. Anyways, I’m going with king of the hill all the way, it’s def in my top 3 favorite shows…along with seinfeld and king of queens, freakin awesome shows.

King of the Hill > Cleveland Show
King has better characters but most people don’t like because they think its boring, but that’s just cuz they’re idiots. I hate Peggy Hill though lol.
I always thought they would make a long episode where Dale found out about Nancy cheating on him.
I haven’t watched it in a while, maybe they already did that.

They should bring back Beavis and Butthead too.

King of the Hill is great, although I personally like The Simpson’s and South Park much better.

Family Guy was funny for awhile but got old so fast, im not even bothering to watch the new show.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

I liked the Cleveland show. It didn’t suck nearly as much as I thought it would. Hopefully it gets better.

And Seth McFarlane’s liberal, atheist, and gay sympathizing views bother me. But his shows are funny.

Yeah, Stewie saying the Dark Ages wouldn’t have happened but for Christianity was pretty stupid, along with a lot of other crap like that.

Holy shit, we agree on something. I guess the world is gonna end.[/quote]

Most Americans share a common set of values, and of decency. That’s how shows like these make money, by shocking people. Once we become a nation of perverts and low lifes (the goal of our leaders), the shock is gone and these shows will lose their appeal.

[quote]bluefingas wrote:
King of the Hill > Cleveland Show
King has better characters but most people don’t like because they think its boring, but that’s just cuz they’re idiots. I hate Peggy Hill though lol.
I always thought they would make a long episode where Dale found out about Nancy cheating on him.
I haven’t watched it in a while, maybe they already did that.

They should bring back Beavis and Butthead too.[/quote]

Mike Judge, creator of King and Beavis, is a genius. McFarlane is simply a puerile thief.

I liked King of the Hill for the first season or two, but it got really monotonous. Barely laughed at the Cleveland Show.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
I’d give a testicle to see Mayor West with his own show. And for those arguing about the best adult cartoon obviously haven’t seen Squid Billies.[/quote]

That, metalocalypse or aqua teen hunger force (maybe even 12oz mouse for really retarded humour). A Mayor West show would kick some serious ass.

The cleveland show wasn’t bad, just not brilliant. King of the hill on the other hand is shit.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

Holy shit, we agree on something. I guess the world is gonna end.

Most Americans share a common set of values, and of decency. That’s how shows like these make money, by shocking people. Once we become a nation of perverts and low lifes (the goal of our leaders), the shock is gone and these shows will lose their appeal.

[/quote]

Wow, you take ANY opportunity to turn things political huh? My hats off to you sir.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
King of the Hill is an awesome show. “Damn it, Bobby”. Oh and boomhaeur is one of my fav characters.[/quote]

Yeser gestget onethem there leaf blowers man, ptmn dang leaves overnthat yard BROOM BROOM BROOM

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I liked King of the Hill for the first season or two, but it got really monotonous.[/quote]

I agree, same with family guy, and really every show ever. The first few seasons are always the best.

I think South Park has done a great job at staying fresh for being around so long - they’ve stayed strong because they reinvented the show by changing from toilet humor to satire over the years. I guess since their production is so crude it gives them the chance to turn out a new episode like RIGHT as a current event is happening, which is pretty cool (like the pirates episode for example).

[quote]challer1 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
I liked King of the Hill for the first season or two, but it got really monotonous.

I agree, same with family guy, and really every show ever. The first few seasons are always the best.

I think South Park has done a great job at staying fresh for being around so long - they’ve stayed strong because they reinvented the show by changing from toilet humor to satire over the years. I guess since their production is so crude it gives them the chance to turn out a new episode like RIGHT as a current event is happening, which is pretty cool (like the pirates episode for example).[/quote]

Yeah, that pirates South Park was HILARIOUS. I was pretty underwhelmed by the Cleveland pilot. Hopefully it gets better. I agree that Family Guy gets too political, but I still love the stupid stuff and crazy Stewie antics. I think about stuff all day, its nice to come home and turn off the brain for a bit and laugh about some stupid shit.

I’m a Sponge Bod fan. I never found King of the Hill funny. Just me tho. I did play online Halo with a guy that sound EXACTLY like Hank Hill and that was funny.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
I’m a Sponge Bod fan. I never found King of the Hill funny. Just me tho. I did play online Halo with a guy that sound EXACTLY like Hank Hill and that was funny. [/quote]

I think being from Texas -particularly for the first few seasons- makes the show funnier.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
I’m a Sponge Bod fan. I never found King of the Hill funny. Just me tho. I did play online Halo with a guy that sound EXACTLY like Hank Hill and that was funny.

I think being from Texas -particularly for the first few seasons- makes the show funnier.[/quote]

It’s weird how that happens.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:

I think being from Texas -particularly for the first few seasons- makes the show funnier.

It’s weird how that happens. [/quote]

Living in TX for two years, and spending all of my life otherwise as Texas’s smaller smarter neighbor definitely leads to more appreciation for the shows humor.