Cleric's Chilling Warning to UK

Reality check No1: There is never going to be a global Islamic state. We got the guns. And the aircraft carriers. And the Stealths. This guy and others of his ilk can preach what they like and his followers can go around jibbering and jabbering about Jihad but they will never win.

Unfortunate Reality check No2: For the rest of our lifetimes and possibly beyond, there will always be nuts and fanatics and freaks and losers who martyr themselves dreaming about paradise with 72 virgins. And some of us will die at their hands. But not many really.

Global terror and the Caliphate in a hundred words or less.

[quote]johnnybravo30 wrote:
On second thought, I should have said that it would be a shorter list. I honestly can’t think of any major powers that would make that list. It sounds like an enormous research project.
[/quote]

Off the top of your head, list a few of the muslim nations which do not support terror and reasons why you feel this is true. It’s not that difficult. . .

1. Morrocco, they banned hate speech from Mosques.

See, I started the list. Can you add more?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
johnnybravo30 wrote:
On second thought, I should have said that it would be a shorter list. I honestly can’t think of any major powers that would make that list. It sounds like an enormous research project.

Off the top of your head, list a few of the muslim nations which do not support terror and reasons why you feel this is true. It’s not that difficult. . .

[/quote]

Do they consider antisemitic speech “hate”? I am betting not.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
johnnybravo30 wrote:

Do they consider antisemitic speech “hate”? I am betting not.[/quote]

Good point!

I have always denounced the Imams who finish the Friday prayer by asking God to empower “our brothers and sisters in Palestine” and to punish “the Jews”. I find that vulgar and contrary to the Islamic principles as defined in the Quran. I confronted many people on the issue, and they all weasel out of it by saying it was a slip of the tongue.

After the bombing of 2003 in Casablanca, I haven’t personally heard any Imam make that statement. But then again, I didn’t hang out much in mosques after that because of Morocco’s version of the “Patriot Act on steroids”. Not that we had any freedoms before that anyway…

Ultimately, I do not think mosques and/or Imams are the main cause of radicalism. Yes, there will always be some maniacs that instills radicalism in slums, but those are places that make flavelas and “the projects” look like the Ritz. But those are a tiny minority IMHO. I think it’s the news that radicalize people. And I don’t mean biased news.

It happens when you watch day after day violent incursions of Tsahal in Gaza (let alone when you live them!). When you watch images of the American army bombing Baghdad like if it were a video game, this is where people seek to do something about it – no matter how irrational it may be. Moroccans aren’t anymore anti-Semitic than the rest of the world. In fact, every time a Jew is brutally attacked by a non-Jew, the story goes around at lightning speed and the overwhelming sentiment is that of sympathy and shock. There is a lot more prejudice and hate between different regions of the kingdom. At the risk of being simplistic, the North is downright racist and proud about it. People from Fez are traditionally considered greedy snouts, the Berbers are cheap bastards, and the people from Doukala are considered uneducated brutes.

I heard derogative jokes about Jews in France and in Britain, but I personally never heard one in Morocco.