T Nation

Clen/Albuterol Considerations


#1

I'm considering one or the other. Leaning towards albuterol. This is uncharted territory for me, as I've always been very lean and I haven't had a real reason to use either of these drugs, but I thought it'd be something fun to try at least once. Plus it may prove useful in the future in preparation for a PL meet to make a weight class.

So right now I'm walking around at about the leanness of my avatar picture. My question is, would these drugs be useful without changing my diet, or do I also need to drop calories to benefit from them? What dose (of either drug) should I start at, and how long should I expect to need to run them to see substantial results? And does anyone want to try to convince me one way or the other between the 2? Also, is there a rebound (excessive weight gain) after one stops using them?


#2

I am currently running my first clen cycle now. I am at the end of week 2. So I cant really help you experience wise but my hours of research and talking to more experienced folks might help. Most people say first time users should start at 40mcg and work up depending on what cycle you run ie 2 weeks on 2 off or if you have Keto then you can run a concurrent 6 or 8 week cycle raising the dose every 1.5 or 2 weeks based on length like 40,60,80,100mcg.

That is what I am doing but the 2 weeks on/off is the popular one. I am running mine with t3. I am currently at 60clen/100t3. Slight headaches, jittery, hand shakes and some days very drousy. If you use Keto then you start that on day 15. Some people say benedryl would work instead of Keto.


#3

clen for sure. Don’t do the 2 weeks on/off. Stay on a week or less and take more time off than you stayed on.

Jump in at 80mcg and just stay at that dose. Don’t go higher, don’t bother tapering up.

Cut your calories like FUCK. Clen’ll stop any muscle loss anyway. It’s a crazy drug, you feel like hell but you look better every time you wake up in the morning. Very motivating.

Working out fucking sucks on clen though, so don’t expect to hit any PRs.

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.


#4

I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol.


#5

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.


#6

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.


#7

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job


#8

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job[/quote]
Haha thanks but it’s too cold over there. How am I going to walk around in a sun glasses and a tank top while flaring my lats?


#9

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job[/quote]
Haha thanks but it’s too cold over there. How am I going to walk around in a sun glasses and a tank top while flaring my lats?[/quote]

dude we get like 6 weeks of t shirt weather here, maybe slightly longer if you can handle freezing your ass off. You’d love it.


#10

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job[/quote]
Haha thanks but it’s too cold over there. How am I going to walk around in a sun glasses and a tank top while flaring my lats?[/quote]

dude we get like 6 weeks of t shirt weather here, maybe slightly longer if you can handle freezing your ass off. You’d love it.
[/quote]
6 weeks? We have NO SEASONS here. It’s summer all year. 28 degrees celsius at night right now.


#11

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job[/quote]
Haha thanks but it’s too cold over there. How am I going to walk around in a sun glasses and a tank top while flaring my lats?[/quote]

dude we get like 6 weeks of t shirt weather here, maybe slightly longer if you can handle freezing your ass off. You’d love it.
[/quote]
6 weeks? We have NO SEASONS here. It’s summer all year. 28 degrees celsius at night right now. [/quote]

aw man, how hot does it get during the day? I retract my offer of a place to stay for you here, and would instead like to come work for you. That cool?


#12

[quote]Yogi wrote:
clen for sure. Don’t do the 2 weeks on/off. Stay on a week or less and take more time off than you stayed on.

Jump in at 80mcg and just stay at that dose. Don’t go higher, don’t bother tapering up.

Cut your calories like FUCK. Clen’ll stop any muscle loss anyway. It’s a crazy drug, you feel like hell but you look better every time you wake up in the morning. Very motivating.

Working out fucking sucks on clen though, so don’t expect to hit any PRs.

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.[/quote]

Dude you probably cut way too many calories. Clen is the only drug I’ve used so far, i’ve done 3 cycles, and all i did was a 500 calorie deficit.

BUT

i hit new PRs every 3 weeks while cycling clen. It’s probably very individual specific, but clen works well for me, and i other than the possibility of cramps, i dont see why anyone would have a bad workout on clen.

Also, taurine supplementation really just depends on whether you’re getting enough from your diet. I always cycled between 40-80mg of clen and never needed taurine.

PS clen gives me intolerable headaches sometimes. It really takes a few days before your body adapts to new doses and i really cant focus or work for too long 80mg. I feel fidgety


#13

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ve never noticed anything worth mentioning from albuterol. [/quote]

I doubt I’d ever fuck around with anything other than clen or T3 for fat loss. I’ve never used T3 but I think I will next time I cut.

I’ve never heard anything particularly positive about albuterol and salbutamol, but clen fucking shreds.[/quote]
Albuterol is salbutamol/ventolin. It’s what’s in my asthma inhaler and also comes in little pink pills you can buy at the pharmacy. I’ve been using the equivalent of a bodybuiling weightloss dose everyday for the past 1.5 months because of the fucking haze here in S.E Asia so I don’t die lol.

You feel normal when you take it. You can’t feel any physical side effects or stimulation like clen or even ephedrine.[/quote]

ah right, I didn’t realise they’re the same thing.

Bro move to Scotland, I’ll give you a job[/quote]
Haha thanks but it’s too cold over there. How am I going to walk around in a sun glasses and a tank top while flaring my lats?[/quote]

dude we get like 6 weeks of t shirt weather here, maybe slightly longer if you can handle freezing your ass off. You’d love it.
[/quote]
6 weeks? We have NO SEASONS here. It’s summer all year. 28 degrees celsius at night right now. [/quote]

aw man, how hot does it get during the day? I retract my offer of a place to stay for you here, and would instead like to come work for you. That cool?[/quote]
Sure, but you need to learn a bit Mandarin first cos I deal with China quite a bit haha. It’s over 31 degrees in the day. Gets cooler from mid November to the end of January.


#14

[quote]hairydinkbrah wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
clen for sure. Don’t do the 2 weeks on/off. Stay on a week or less and take more time off than you stayed on.

Jump in at 80mcg and just stay at that dose. Don’t go higher, don’t bother tapering up.

Cut your calories like FUCK. Clen’ll stop any muscle loss anyway. It’s a crazy drug, you feel like hell but you look better every time you wake up in the morning. Very motivating.

Working out fucking sucks on clen though, so don’t expect to hit any PRs.

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.[/quote]

Dude you probably cut way too many calories. Clen is the only drug I’ve used so far, i’ve done 3 cycles, and all i did was a 500 calorie deficit.

BUT

i hit new PRs every 3 weeks while cycling clen. It’s probably very individual specific, but clen works well for me, and i other than the possibility of cramps, i dont see why anyone would have a bad workout on clen.

Also, taurine supplementation really just depends on whether you’re getting enough from your diet. I always cycled between 40-80mg of clen and never needed taurine.

PS clen gives me intolerable headaches sometimes. It really takes a few days before your body adapts to new doses and i really cant focus or work for too long 80mg. I feel fidgety [/quote]

Taurine supplementation has been almost a game changer for me. It’s impacted my workouts immensely since I started using it. I take 4g before workouts right now.

And I’ve never actually seen pictures of Yogi, but if his self-descriptions are accurate, I feel like he has a pretty good idea of how to get lean and retain muscle. I can’t take advice on how to get lean from someone who isn’t even as lean as I am to start with. You’ve done 3 clen runs and your abs aren’t even visible… I intend to try his suggestion first.


#15

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]hairydinkbrah wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
clen for sure. Don’t do the 2 weeks on/off. Stay on a week or less and take more time off than you stayed on.

Jump in at 80mcg and just stay at that dose. Don’t go higher, don’t bother tapering up.

Cut your calories like FUCK. Clen’ll stop any muscle loss anyway. It’s a crazy drug, you feel like hell but you look better every time you wake up in the morning. Very motivating.

Working out fucking sucks on clen though, so don’t expect to hit any PRs.

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.[/quote]

Dude you probably cut way too many calories. Clen is the only drug I’ve used so far, i’ve done 3 cycles, and all i did was a 500 calorie deficit.

BUT

i hit new PRs every 3 weeks while cycling clen. It’s probably very individual specific, but clen works well for me, and i other than the possibility of cramps, i dont see why anyone would have a bad workout on clen.

Also, taurine supplementation really just depends on whether you’re getting enough from your diet. I always cycled between 40-80mg of clen and never needed taurine.

PS clen gives me intolerable headaches sometimes. It really takes a few days before your body adapts to new doses and i really cant focus or work for too long 80mg. I feel fidgety [/quote]

Taurine supplementation has been almost a game changer for me. It’s impacted my workouts immensely since I started using it. I take 4g before workouts right now.

And I’ve never actually seen pictures of Yogi, but if his self-descriptions are accurate, I feel like he has a pretty good idea of how to get lean and retain muscle. I can’t take advice on how to get lean from someone who isn’t even as lean as I am to start with. You’ve done 3 clen runs and your abs aren’t even visible… I intend to try his suggestion first. [/quote]

The point of ramping up the clen dose is to assess side effects. If you know you handle it just fine, then jumping in at some point is fine. If not–and as this is your first time using it you don’t know how you’ll respond–then ramping up is the smart way to go. Clen’s half life is over 24 hours, so if you go significantly higher than your body likes you might feel shitty for longer than a couple hours.

Clen will not stop all muscle loss. If you are not running an androgen cycle concurrently with your clen you can still lose lean tissue on drastic calorie deficits even though clen will aid in the muscle sparing efforts considerably.

In general, and as long as your schedule can handle it, I advise increasing your present calorie deficit through increasing activity from conditioning and such at first. This generally has a better “feel” without the deprivation associated with drastic calorie cutting and usually does not impact your recovery as badly because you have more fuel. This is particularly useful while ramping into your comfort zone on the dose. After you have figured out how your body reacts to your chosen top dose, you can start to cut calories more drastically and you will have a faster burning metabolism to do it with from the additional conditioning work you have been doing. In addition you won’t feel as hungry as you would if drastically cutting calories right from the start.


#16

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.[/quote]
Yogi, by what do you mean? I thought the Taurine prevents the cramping. However, I have read up a little bit and found that the Clen strips Taurine from the heart. And that Taurine, as well as Potassium, protects the heart. Both things are stripped from the heart (in rats) within hours of taking Clen. Does supplementation of Taurine prevent the heart enlargement that Clen can supposedly cause? If so, do you have a link to any studies that show this effect? Thank you!


#17

I might be wrong here but why clen or alb for a pl?? Why not Var… Ive always found great cutting on var & great strength gains…


#18

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
I might be wrong here but why clen or alb for a pl?? Why not Var… Ive always found great cutting on var & great strength gains…[/quote]

Because I like looking good too? It’s not like powerlifting is my job, lol. It’s just how I train, and what I occasionally compete in. If I do, say, 2 meets a year, that means I’m a powerlifter 2 days in the year, and a guy who walks around doing normal people stuff 363 days.

That being said though, any extra lbs of fat I can shed benefits me in powerlifting. It can mean I have less water to cut for a meet, or I can even compete at a lower weight class. Walking around at 195 lbs versus walking around at 200 lbs is the difference between being able to compete as a 181 versus a 198. My most recent total put me in the current top 25 lifters at 181. It wouldn’t have made top 50 as a 198.

I’m good with Var too, but it’s substantially pricier. I do plan to use it in the coming months though.


#19

Makes sense Var is $$$… Ive never ran clen but thinking about it just to shred out… I tend to not handel stimulants well… No sleep headeaches, moody… Do you get this from clen or alb? Thinking a beginer dose of clen and trt dose of T for 12weeks just to cut for a vaca


#20

[quote]Cherrybomb wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Take 10g of taurine every day for the sake of your heart.[/quote]
Yogi, by what do you mean? I thought the Taurine prevents the cramping. However, I have read up a little bit and found that the Clen strips Taurine from the heart. And that Taurine, as well as Potassium, protects the heart. Both things are stripped from the heart (in rats) within hours of taking Clen. Does supplementation of Taurine prevent the heart enlargement that Clen can supposedly cause? If so, do you have a link to any studies that show this effect? Thank you![/quote]

I don’t know if it prevents the enlargement, but you’re right that it does lower levels of taurine in the heart and that’s bad news.